Twitter: Parsons vs Sewell matchup

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yeah sucks doesn't it, the fact is all i'm saying and stop crying is that he had more of an IMPACT in getting to the qb. I don't care about numbers like you do, I want the QB to be impacted

I know these days you're sad at how your eagles team is imploding, but don't you worry little guy, you'll be ok!!
Did you not see all the chuck and duck throws Goff made including the two INTs? I would trade three sacks for two INTs and a bunch of errant throws every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Point being, Micah and his mates DID impact the QB. Sacking Dak blew up three plays. Micah caused Goff to throw the ball to the wrong guy twice and into the ground 5-6 other times including that final play on the two pointer. If Micah hadn't been in his head Goff takes his time and makes a better throw the guy probably walks into the end zone.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Did you not see all the chuck and duck throws Goff made including the two INTs? I would trade three sacks for two INTs and a bunch of errant throws every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Point being, Micah and his mates DID impact the QB. Sacking Dak blew up three plays. Micah caused Goff to throw the ball to the wrong guy twice and into the ground 5-6 other times including that final play on the two pointer. If Micah hadn't been in his head Goff takes his time and makes a better throw the guy probably walks into the end zone.
Ok good points thanks for pointing it out, but there are also points in games where he's quiet, but hats off to him as you pointed out!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just by leading the league in double and triple teams (by far), Micah impacts the game, regardless of how many actual sacks he gets. He frees up his team mates to get to or pressure the QB. His presence makes the QB throw the ball as fast as possible… which hurts their passing game.

Parsons scares the hell out of opposing offenses and dominates their Saturday protection meetings. He is the most impactful defensive player in the game today.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ok good points thanks for pointing it out, but there are also points in games where he's quiet, but hats off to him as you pointed out!
Yeah the sacks did nothing to deter Dak from having an outstanding game with a 105-ish passer rating which was only kept from being a 140-ish rating by the CD fumble and the ill advised late pass that got picked off. If CD doesn't lose the ball and comes back to the ball on the INT play Dak has 3TDs no INTs and 140+ passer rating. The sacks did nothing to him and remember one of them was on the final drive of the first half and essentially had zero impact on the game. Dak endured the sacks and just kept slingin it for big yards. Meanwhile Goff was only sacked once but the pass rush being in his head cause him to miss a LOT of throws. There can be no question which player had the bigger impact on the opposing QB.. and it wasn't Hutchinson. Now you could put some of that on Dak being physically and mentally tougher than Goff.. but well.. yeah that's probably a lot of it.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cowboys board: Micah is underrated

Micah gets a sack

Cowboy fans: DID YOU SEE THAT??!!!!!!!!

RFABR

Reaction score
Well, this is the point where DQ needs to take some blame too. We are thin at LB and he’s got Micah playing DE where we are loaded. Micah is most effective when he’s at Lb reading plays and picking his spots to blitz.
Sometimes I miss 2021, specifically the plays where Micah came seemingly out of nowhere like a cannonball to embarass oppossing OLs

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
4 days ago:

“But if that wasn't enough, per PFF, Micah leads the NFL in pass-rush grade (94.0), pressures (97), and pressure percent (23) as he is a one-man wrecking crew and his speed is otherwordly for a player his size. “

His win rate and how quick it happens is exceptional. QB’s internal clocks are quickened when that guy is on the field. Take him off the field and our rush may be solid but it’s certainly not dynamic. To me, Parsons may be the leagues best chess piece.

That being said, I’d like to see DQ send him over the A gap a little more often. The “Oh ****” look when QB’s face that up the gut pressure is priceless.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Sometimes I miss 2021, specifically the plays where Micah came seemingly out of nowhere like a cannonball to embarass oppossing OLs
That was when offenses just played Micah like they did the other players. If you single him, he will hit your QB all day long. There isn’t one guy in the league that can consistently stop Parsons one on one. Offenses have to sink considerable resources into slowing Micah down.

It is phenomenal.

HanD

Reaction score
He also got micah at times as well, Micah registered 0 sacks. I think some times Micah is just hyped up, and there are lower tiered players around the league that IMPACT passing plays more at times than micah. Hell just look at the guy on the other side, he was more disruptive than micah was Hutchinson
Lol. You need to check the states on pressures and pass rush win rate as well as double team rate if you think this is true.

Having said that leaving him at de is dumb. He's undersized, de is a deep position for us and lb is thin. We should be moving him around more and rushing from all sorts of different spots. Hope that changes for the playoffs

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
yeah sucks doesn't it, the fact is all i'm saying and stop crying is that he had more of an IMPACT in getting to the qb. I don't care about numbers like you do, I want the QB to be impacted

I know these days you're sad at how your eagles team is imploding, but don't you worry little guy, you'll be ok!!
you’re the one who referenced sack numbers. if you want to go strictly off impact micah is the runaway most impactful defender in football. like i said you just never know what you’re talking about

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The Cowboys do it with Tyron all the time.. I think the sack to Hutchinson was the first one he has surrendered all season. And that was probably because he was playing with a stiff back which any guy over 30 can tell you just takes a little longer to warm up. The rest of the time he stoned Hutchinson to the point where the Lions moved Hutchinson to the other side to face Steele.
Like Revis Island, I used to call it Tyron Continent.

Back around 2013, 2014 they really just let Tyron be out there on his own on every play.

He'd just stand up guys like JPP a yard and a half away from any kind of help whatsoever.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
lookikg just at sack numbers is ridiculous when it comes to Micah. First off a lot of teams try and get the ball out quick because of him… second.. he’s always doubled or chipped… sometimes triple teamed. And he still has the highest pressure rate. Think of how crazy that is.

His pressure rate alone should win him dpoy but he won’t cause he doesn’t have the sack numbers.

Ppl can talk tj watt all they want… he’s not doubled nearly as much as Micah and Myles garret.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
That would be the best choice but IMO, one on one, play after play, Micah would get the better of him.

We will never know tho.
From what I remember from last time they played TW was doing a very good job on him - once TW got his hands on 11, it was over.

And its not like Parsons was running by him all night long.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Teams hadn't quite figured out how good he was. Also Randy Gregory was on that team and while his sack #s were modest, he had a high pressure % so teams had to also account for him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
From what I remember from last time they played TW was doing a very good job on him - once TW got his hands on 11, it was over.

And its not like Parsons was running by him all night long.

Yes because the rule book had already been modified to declare that it's legal to hold Parsons. If not allowed to cheat, by jumping early and holding, Williams would get beat like a drum.