Part of being a Cowboys fan is rooting against other teams

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don’t care what level of fan you are. You want to make it about that but it’s not.

If you aren’t rooting for whats in the best interest of the Cowboys in each and every occurrence regardless how minimal, that’s up to you.

Again, I’m simply here to point it out. Which you’ve already agreed with. There’s really nothing else to discuss.
You're the one who keeps making it about that. You're the one who talked about fans being at different "levels." You're the one using the words "should" and "must." You keep claiming you're not saying what you're clearly saying, but you really are.

Of course it's up to me. You don't need to point it out: I know that I don't root for what's "in the best interest of the Cowboys in each and every occurrence regardless how minimal." That would be a truly miserable way to spend my football-watching time and I'm very very glad I'm not that way and I'm sorry for you that you are. Take care.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're the one who keeps making it about that. You're the one who talked about fans being at different "levels." You're the one using the words "should" and "must." You keep claiming you're not saying what you're clearly saying, but you really are.

Of course it's up to me. You don't need to point it out: I know that I don't root for what's "in the best interest of the Cowboys in each and every occurrence regardless how minimal." That would be a truly miserable way to spend my football-watching time and I'm very very glad I'm not that way and I'm sorry for you that you are. Take care.
Sorry, you were so offended. I’ll continue calling it out because it’s what I believe in and while everyone doesn’t necessarily follow such a regiment they at least like yourself accept the premise.

It’s actually what motivates my enjoyment watching so many games as I’m more interested in rooting for the Cowboys interest. Those games draw me in usually more than others.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sorry, you were so offended. I’ll continue calling it out because it’s what I believe in and while everyone doesn’t necessarily follow such a regiment they at least like yourself accept the premise.

It’s actually what motivates my enjoyment watching so many games as I’m more interested in rooting for the Cowboys interest. Those games draw me in usually more than others.
No one is "offended" by what you're saying here. It's something we all thought when we were children.

That you're still so dedicated to it in your 60s is...weird. But if that's what you need to enjoy football then knock yourself out. Just stop patting yourself on the back for it.

It doesn't make you some sort of super fan. More like someone who needs a level of self-delusion, for whatever reasons.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one is "offended" by what you're saying here. It's something we all thought when we were children.

That you're still so dedicated to it in your 60s is...weird. But if that's what you need to enjoy football then knock yourself out. Just stop patting yourself on the back for it.

It doesn't make you some sort of super fan. More like someone who needs a level of self-delusion, for whatever reasons.
It’s interesting that you feel like it makes you less of fan not rooting for what’s in the best interest of the Cowboys in every game. Not sure why some fans are bothered by more fanatic diehard fans.

I could provide many other greater examples of excessive or extreme fanatic behavior than rooting for opposing teams in the best interest of our team. But I wouldn’t want to ruffle feathers anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you don’t want to root for the best interest for the Cowboys in games you watch I don’t really give a damn. I was just pointing it out if you want to root for what could help your team.

Maybe you have more than one team , or bets , fantasy players … who knows these days. But I can tell you what our organization is rooting for in these games involving our divisional foes and conference contenders.

They are rooting for what directly can benefit the Cowboys. I understand it doesn’t impact the results but to me it’s like rooting for the Cowboys . Just saying…

I rarely look in on Game Day threads but I was surprised Thursday night in Kansas City so many fans were rooting for Lions when they are considered a strong contender in NFC for a playoff spot and or seeding. I figured naturally everyone would set aside whatever their feelings for who they’d normally cheer on for the potential benefit of the Cowboys.

But I was met with opposition by some. Something I had never really encountered as such for this issue. I wanted to believe they didn’t realize. But that wasn’t it. They didn’t care for whatever reason. Just blew me away. And why I started this thread.

Last edited:

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Are we supposed to hate the Chiefs? I didn't get the memo.
I do. Lol. I can't stand the way Mahome's voice sounds, the way his helmet looks like it needs to be pushed down, and his silly haircut. And Kelce just seems like a giant ******. Also, Chiefs fans are quickly becoming the most obnoxious in the league.