Pass Rush

Cowboys224lyfe

Reaction score
Great all around game today. Very pleased with the start of the season.

However, the team not having a single sack today was a little disappointing. I know Parsons can line up just about anywhere, but I really believe this team is at its best when he is in attack mode on the edge. Drop Cox back in coverage and have our generational talent heat seeking the QB

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

However, the team not having a single sack today was a little disappointing. I know Parsons can line up just about anywhere, but I really believe this team is at its best when he is in attack mode on the edge. Drop Cox back in coverage and have our generational talent heat seeking the QB
We did not have one today

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Yeah, but we had one of these.......

d900b395-4a87-4d2f-ad4d-5a200a15628d_1.998e1769b2bac00358503f91c33b4e05.jpeg

J-man

Reaction score
Gregory was so close so many times, it was frustrating to watch. We'll be getting guys back as we go and that should help.
But I agree, let Parsons rush a lot more than he did tonight. Cox's play should help allow that.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

I think they certainly have that in mind.

They just had to get rid of Jaylon Smith first. Certainly Jaylon was one of our weakest link if not the weakest. It seems this defense took pride and not trying to prevent the Giants from scoring. We were flying around and tackling them for a lost. I think they will get better as the season goes.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Pass rush did a decent job today. They applied plenty of pressure and had 7 hits on the QBs.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The middle of the field STILL haunts Dallas.

Quick throws. Hard to stop.

However.......not one flag for holding Gregory. I'll leave that alone.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Saw Parsons at the DT spot at least once. I mean, yeah he's very good but that seems like an odd spot to put a 245 lb guy, on the play I saw he didn't get near the quarterback. Oh well, guess it keeps the offensive line guessing.

But the Giants were already missing Shepard, then lost Barkley, then Toney was ejected, but Glennon just threw to Board, Rudolph, etc. And way too many wide open receivers before that in the middle of the field. Toney did make a couple of great catches while closely covered, it happens. I'm still waiting, or at least hoping, to see a defense that can throttle teams, and win like 35-10 or such. Despite missing all those starters Giants still put up 20 pts, and the last scores were not against "soft" defenses, Cowboys still had most if not all of their starters in.

Still grateful for the win, having a TWO game lead in the division after only 5 games is amazing. After the Pats game, they have their bye week, just imagine being 5-1 and having a week off for folks to heal up! Won't help Lawrence much, he's out until early November at best, still good to have one of his recovery weeks where there's no game, better than breaking the foot during the bye week!

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, this team is still evolving, don't think they're as good as they're going to be, especially defensively. Just nice to have a contending team again, been way too long....