Pass Rush

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Did people watch yesterday and think the Cowboys didn't get pressure? They had almost no answer for Gregory, Osa continues to win in the middle, and other players kept getting there.

Credit to the QBs for getting the ball out, but several times they had to escape the pocket and lots of passes affected by the Pass Rush.

Y'all are watching a different game sometimes.

Proof

Reaction score
Did the Giants even have a holding call called against them? I thought I saw a some nice tackles by the oline!

i remember one play specifically where they were replaying it and the announcers were like “just an excellent job containing the edge pressure” while whichever defender it was (can’t remember) was in a sleeper hold lol

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Did the Giants even have a holding call called against them? I thought I saw a some nice tackles by the oline!

It maybe some truth that Mara has referees in his pocket. The first penalty called on Gints was almost near halftime. With so many undisciplined Player on the Gints side ( as we saw frustrated when getting beaten) I dont think that is possible. But anyhow …

Proof

Reaction score
what’s the difference between a hurry and a pressure?

conner01

Reaction score
I saw a tweet from PFF that said we had the most QB pressures for the season today. It's not all about just sacks. I saw few errant throws by the NY QBs due to pressure.
I believe we had 7 QB hits today
We got pressure but it doesn’t always lead to sacks. Many times pressures lead to bad throws or pick offs

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No sacks but Gregory is still disrupting everything and making me eat that crow.
They had 3 people trying to block him several times yesterday.
Proud of him ...... But they need to get him some help.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Great all around game today. Very pleased with the start of the season.

However, the team not having a single sack today was a little disappointing. I know Parsons can line up just about anywhere, but I really believe this team is at its best when he is in attack mode on the edge. Drop Cox back in coverage and have our generational talent heat seeking the QB

I agree with this, with Gregory at DE with Odigi in the middle and having MP off same side or another side you have 3 guys that can get past there guys and provide pressure. I did not see in Carolina game MP with hand in the dirt that often maybe 3 or 4 times he was standing up looked like a LB but was attacking. It looked better we had more guys breaking through from other guys Armstrong Goldston etc..

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
When we have a L you won't be saying this, this is an issue! Why is it so hard for us to get to the qb

Because they triple teamed Gregory. And Dallas got pressures on the QB.

From this article:

The problem with using sacks to evaluate pass rushers is that they are dependent on much more than just the play in the trenches while lacking year-to-year consistency. As far back as 2009, evidence suggests that sacks may be as dependent on the quarterback as either the offensive or defensive lines. In 2013, Football Outsiders showed that sacks have a better year-to-year correlation than any other quarterback stat except completion percentage. Jason Lisk did a similar study and found the same results in 2018.

What statistics, then, should we use in our evaluations of pass rushers?

Pressures and pressure rate may paint a better picture. According to Pro Football Focus, pressures are more than twice as stable year-to-year as sacks among players who rush the passer on at least 150 snaps per season. My biggest issue is that most football fans (myself included) have no baseline for what should be considered a *good* pressure rate.

You may read the rest of the article here.

https://beastpode.com/2019/06/04/expected-sacks-enhancing-the-evaluation-of-pass-rushers/

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Gregory was so close so many times, it was frustrating to watch. We'll be getting guys back as we go and that should help.
But I agree, let Parsons rush a lot more than he did tonight. Cox's play should help allow that.

Gregory had 2 QB hits and Parsons had 3.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Gallimore, Armstrong...then DLaw on the way later should help make up a good group of pressure guys in a few weeks.

Easyout66

Reaction score
Seems when Micah is playing LB the line is the weak link, when he's a DE the LB's are the weak link, hmmm... Thinking there's a pattern here