Pass Rush

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not so much concerned about having no sacks this game as long as the pressure was there. Daniel Jones now knows a thing or two about that. :D

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas got a lot of pressure in this game just no sack but I can deal with that as long as we are getting the pressure and forcing the QB to make throws they do not want to make

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm not so much concerned about having no sacks this game as long as the pressure was there. Daniel Jones now knows a thing or two about that. :D

Told my wife, on the run before the injury one by Jones, that if they keep running or letting him run or he has to run so much, he isn't going to last long.

And bingo! Concussion city! (Pardon my diagnosis, I'm not a doctor).

He'll learn...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great all around game today. Very pleased with the start of the season.

However, the team not having a single sack today was a little disappointing. I know Parsons can line up just about anywhere, but I really believe this team is at its best when he is in attack mode on the edge. Drop Cox back in coverage and have our generational talent heat seeking the QB
He was a rusher. He had 3 QB hits. He didnt sit the QB down, but we had consistent pressure

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Told my wife, on the run before the injury one by Jones, that if they keep running or letting him run or he has to run so much, he isn't going to last long.

And bingo! Concussion city! (Pardon my diagnosis, I'm not a doctor).

He'll learn...

Hard to learn when you do not remember the play!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jason Garrett is going to get Daniel Jones killed. Kudos to our D for showing Garrett the downside of allowing your QB to be your #1 rusher. The storyline in NY needs to be Garrett's job security moving forward.

fivetwos

Reaction score

However, the team not having a single sack today was a little disappointing. I know Parsons can line up just about anywhere, but I really believe this team is at its best when he is in attack mode on the edge. Drop Cox back in coverage and have our generational talent heat seeking the QB
Reading the headline, I thought this was going to be encouragement for Grier to step up and take the #2 QB spot.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is going to get Daniel Jones killed. Kudos to our D for showing Garrett the downside of allowing your QB to be your #1 rusher. The storyline in NY needs to be Garrett's job security moving forward.
Shhhhhhhhh....

They haven't quite caught on yet.

Maybe yesterday's events push that back even further. Injury excuses.

Stak78

Reaction score
I believe the lack of a consistent pass rush is the only thing holding this defense back. Randy Gregory looked great at DE even though he didn’t record a sack. He was only a split second late several times and made the qb get rid of the ball sooner than they wanted to. However, there wasn’t much help from the other three defensive line positions. Ghloston needs time to develop. Other than Odigizuwa who hasn’t done much as a pass rusher lately, the DTs are just average at best.

Hopefully the return of DLaw and Gallimore will help, but hanging all our playoff hopes on the two guys coming back from serious injuries may be foolish.

The Cowboys need to make a Charles Haley like trade to put this defense over the top. They need to use Gallup, LVE and a premium draft pick to land a legitimate pass rush difference maker. This is imperative if the Cowboys want to win in the playoffs.

We pay DLaw like he’s a top 5 DE but he’s probably a top 20 DE at best. Hopefully we can resign Randy Gregory to a 4 year 10-12 million a year deal next year. If he wants more than that we may have to let him walk unless we dump DLaw. Gregory shows real pass rushing talent, but he’s wasted his best years smoking pot instead of being star football player. Hopefully he has matured and we can get 3-4 years out of him. Gregory is potentially a top 10 pass rush talent if he continues to be available, but he is quickly running out of time and is soon to be on the wrong side of 30 years old.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Disappointed given that they were playing a backup LT.

Gregory should have feasted on that guy, sure he got pressure but not one sack.

Have been high hopes for Gregory by a lot of folk, but while he has gotten pressure, the sacks aren't coming. Much afraid that he's another JAG the Cowboys trot out on the d-line. Lawrence coming back may help, but that's still weeks away...

quickccc

Reaction score
They were allocating a lot of players to stopping Gregory and he was still getting a lot of pressure.

They won't be able to do that when Lawrence is back.

Gallimore may help a lot as well.

Great point with Gregory.

Gregory was still getting into Giants backfield and getting hits on QB.
Thought he'd eventually get one.
With Giants being banged up, i thought Osa or Gholston eventually get one.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Gregory is potentially a top 10 pass rush talent

People been saying that ever since he came to the Cowboys, but in 42 games he's had only 12.5 sacks, and 2 of those came in the Carolina game. Take away that one game and he's on a 4.35 sack a year pace.

Potential and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

I hope I'm wrong, and I've already said I'll give him the whole year to prove me so, but he'd better improve quickly or I'll run out of patience...

quickccc

Reaction score
Gregory should have feasted on that guy, sure he got pressure but not one sack.

Have been high hopes for Gregory by a lot of folk, but while he has gotten pressure, the sacks aren't coming.
Much afraid that he's another JAG the Cowboys trot out on the d-line. Lawrence coming back may help, but that's still weeks away...

uuh, didn't Gregory get 2 sacks just last week vs Carolina ? ....
.. :huh:

visionary

Reaction score
This defense is adequate but nowhere near good
The DT spot remains the huge issue. Sacks come when there is pressure up the middle which is non existent

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
uuh, didn't Gregory get 2 sacks just last week vs Carolina ? ....
.. :huh:

Sure, but is that what we've come down to calling a great pass rusher? 2 sacks in a game every year or so? Had 2 also in week 11 of last year. 1.5 in week 15 of last year, in the 37-17 blowout of the Iggles, easier to get sacks when he doesn't have to worry about run defense.

Don't misunderstand me, he has skills, it's just that people, including me, have been breathlessly awaiting a Gregory that teams fear, and I just don't see it...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Parsons rushed the passer all day buddy. He had 3 hurries.