Twitter: Passes intercepted this season

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just to think we're actually talking about playoffs........

This team's inability to create turnovers has been a since Wade Phillips was fired...

Just fire Garrett, Marinelli, AND Richard all at the same time .....lol

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The Cowboys had the right idea with Rob Ryan even if he wasn’t the right guy. NE uses some of his concepts—amoeba fronts, heavy man coverage, etc.

When Rob didn’t work out, Jerry ran back to the same old thing he knew, which isn’t viable today.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys had the right idea with Rob Ryan even if he wasn’t the right guy. NE uses some of his concepts—amoeba fronts, heavy man coverage, etc.

When Rob didn’t work out, Jerry ran back to the same old thing he knew, which isn’t viable today.
Rob took it from his brother, who ran a much more sound scheme.

It takes a strong coordinator to run stuff like that. Unfortunately for us, that wasn't Rob. I do wonder if Rivera would do multiple fronts. He has coordinated both 4-3 and 3-4 defenses well

pancakeman

Reaction score
Man, can you imagine if the Cowboys got two more interceptions than they do every game? Winning would be so easy!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm not even blaming this on scheme, as there are a few teams that run an identical one, but rather this FO's inability to evaluate defensive talent.

It's lampooning the product on the field because we keep drafting garbage DB's and "projects" on that side of the ball.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Just to think we're actually talking about playoffs........

This team's inability to create turnovers has been a since Wade Phillips was fired...

Just fire Garrett, Marinelli, AND Richard all at the same time .....lol

Dallas runs a soft zone derfense that basically gives up any inside route. The team basically has zero trust in the safety play and covers the outside and deep pass religiously. Teams know this and simply runs quick hit plays under the coverage. Thats why this team isnt near the top in sacks and has so few ints. Flawed defense in todays NFL

The Natural

Reaction score
well, Awuzie averages 1 interception a year so we can probably count him out for the rest of this season. Byron hasnt sniffed a pick since 2017, he has to luck up into another one eventually right :rolleyes:

Nav22

Reaction score
Meh, defense is boring.

Can’t we just blame the QB with the NFL’s 4th-best QBR instead???

I mean, our offense is only *checks notes* 1st in the NFL in 3rd down conversion rate! DAK SUX!!!1!1!!1!!!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm not even blaming this on scheme, as there are a few teams that run an identical one, but rather this FO's inability to evaluate defensive talent.

It's lampooning the product on the field because we keep drafting garbage DB's and "projects" on that side of the ball.

This, whomever scouts for the boys should be fired too.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That’s incredibly terrible. How do look ourselves in the mirror and commit a heavy contract to Byron over Amari and the guy does nothing in comparison to change a game

This, but per some on this board he is a shut down corner and I am not seeing it. Heck even in basketball, Mugsy Bogus got 5 rebounds a game, the law of average the ball will bounce his way but not our DB.