Pat Tillman's Widow speaks out against disrespectful protest

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Vets and current people serving are just a pawn in the fight, the people using the Vet/Military as an argument in this argument are the ones actually disrespecting them
So now I'm just a pawn? Damn, dude I thought we was new best friends.:D

EST_1986

Reaction score
So now I'm just a pawn? Damn, dude I thought we was new best friends.
Trying to look out for you buddy. Don't be used as a pawn in the fight if you are a Vet, side with Tillman's wife in this.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Nobody here is against racial equality.

What they are against is the misguided belief that there is institutional racism in law enforcement perpetuated by lies like 'hands up, don't shoot' and that they are dragging symbols of our country like the flag and the anthem thru the mud to further perpetuate these lies.

YR

So when a former police officer says they were assigned to a higher income predominantly white neighborhood, but when they weren't giving out enough tickets and making enough arrests, they patrolled through lower income predominantly black neighborhoods, to make it seem like they were more active, they are just lying or is that not institutional racism?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
you are actually saying there isn't institution racism in law enforcement?

Been saying that for quite some time.

Show me actual examples *today* of institutional racism.

And lemme guess...it will be examples of blacks being at a higher percentage than what their population represents which proves nothing. Or it will be the claim that blacks are sentenced at a stiffer penalty than whites which doesn't account for a myriad of information that goes into sentencing as well as the fact that whites are more likely to afford higher priced and therefore likely better attorneys and the fact that blacks are far more likely to plead not guilty which comes with much stiffer sentencing that pleading out.

YR

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
So when a former police officer says they were assigned to a higher income predominantly white neighborhood, but when they weren't giving out enough tickets and making enough arrests, they patrolled through lower income predominantly black neighborhoods, to make it seem like they were more active, they are just lying or is that not institutional racism?

Sounds to me like they were assigning that officer to where the crime is.

If you're not making many arrests or giving out tickets, it's logical to assume that the neighborhood is safe and doesn't need much patrolling. So why not use your police better and re-assign them to a neighborhood where crime is much more prevalent?

For example, police officers patrol banks far more frequently during weekdays during the daytime than they do at night or on the weekends. Why? Because a daytime robber is more likely to rob a bank during business hours. Is that just institutional discrimination against banks?

YR

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Of course there is racism by cops perpetuated against minorities ........ only a fool would deny it ........ and of course they patrol and scrutinize low income neighborhoods more than rich neighborhoods.

Being the son of a mixed husband and wife here in East Texas I am very familiar with racism.

What some of us have a problem with is what we feel is disrespect shown to the Anthem, Flag, and Military by these millionaires during a life television sporting event.

As ex military I fought for the rights for people to protest ........ I also fought for the right of people to disagree with the protest.

It work both ways.

If they really want to protest .......... do it when you are not getting paid.

I mean thats how normal people protest ......... these players should show they care enough to lose a paycheck ........ instead of kneeling while being paid millions ....... sit out the game.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Sounds to me like they were assigning that officer to where the crime is.

Then I either did a poor job explaining or you're hearing what you want to hear. I'll try to post the interview when I'm not at work, it was on the Joe Rogan podcast a while back, former Baltimore cop, former marine, basically explaining how institutionalized racism is a thing. He was assigned to an area where there wasn't much crime, so when he was pressured, he would patrol black neighborhoods, and just randomly run tags and do other things that he did not do in the white neighborhoods.

If you're not making many arrests or giving out tickets, it's logical to assume that the neighborhood is safe and doesn't need much patrolling. So why not use your police better and re-assign them to a neighborhood where crime is much more prevalent?

Again, he wasn't re-assigned

For example, police officers patrol banks far more frequently during weekdays during the daytime than they do at night or on the weekends. Why? Because a daytime robber is more likely to rob a bank during business hours. Is that just institutional discrimination against banks?

YR

Banks aren't people, so, no. And if you change it to bankers, given the slap on the wrist they get when they are actually investigated and found guilty, I'd say no to that as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Of course there is racism by cops perpetuated against minorities ........ only a fool would deny it ........ and of course they patrol and scrutinize low income neighborhoods more than rich neighborhoods.

Being the son of a mixed husband and wife here in East Texas I am very familiar with racism.

What some of us have a problem with is what we feel is disrespect shown to the Anthem, Flag, and Military by these millionaires during a life television sporting event.

As ex military I fought for the rights for people to protest ........ I also fought for the right of people to disagree with the protest.

It work both ways.

If they really want to protest .......... do it when you are not getting paid.

I mean thats how normal people protest ......... these players should show they care enough to lose a paycheck ........ instead of kneeling while being paid millions ....... sit out the game.

And at the end of the day, this is the dialogue that this type of protest was *supposed* to bring about. It didn't, and ended up being far more divisive, in part because there are many, who do deny it, not necessarily because they are bad people, but because it's not the narrative for "their side."

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Then I either did a poor job explaining or you're hearing what you want to hear. I'll try to post the interview when I'm not at work, it was on the Joe Rogan podcast a while back, former Baltimore cop, former marine, basically explaining how institutionalized racism is a thing. He was assigned to an area where there wasn't much crime, so when he was pressured, he would patrol black neighborhoods, and just randomly run tags and do other things that he did not do in the white neighborhoods.

So he was basically told to go where the crime is.

Where you would have a valid claim for institutional racism in this case is if the officer was specifically pressured to target blacks that reside in the wealthy, low crime area that he was assigned to. That would show that he is being pressured to specifically target people based on the color of their skin. This claim that there's institutional racism based on a cop being pressured to make better use of his time and go where the crime is far more likely to happen is just another flawed and misleading accusation.

YR

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It is disgusting people using Veterans as a pawn in this Anthem/Flag argument.
No but it's still a despicable thing to do to those who fought and died for these freedoms. All these people who hate people fighting for equality don't care about these service men, they're just a convent pawn in the fight against people of color.
Same, EST.

I'm also sick of how this pervades all my sports shows now. Grrr :(