Pat Tillman's Widow speaks out against disrespectful protest

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Wait, where in her statement did she "speak out against disrespectful protest"?

In fact, it seems like you are doing exactly what she is asking that people don't do, by politicizing his sacrifice through her.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate the freedom.

Freedom to protest is clearly covered in that.
I know the military is far from perfect. I was in it so man do I ever know. They covered up things that almost got me killed as well but I still respect the mission to defend the country I love.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dude go read it again, no where does it say Vietnam, theres a word that starts with V and has more than a few letters that follow but its not that hard to tell the difference between Vietnam and Veterans
Understood now, thanks for fixing my confusion. :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wait, where in her statement did she "speak out against disrespectful protest"?

In fact, it seems like you are doing exactly what she is asking that people don't do, by politicizing his sacrifice through her.
Thank you for taking the time to actually read the article. I was wonder how long it would take someone to catch on.

lostar2009

Reaction score
No but it's still a despicable thing to do to those who fought and died for these freedoms. All these people who hate people fighting for equality don't care about these service men, they're just a convent pawn in the fight against people of color.

I'm still trying to figure out how not standing for the flag went all the way to the point everyone is disrespecting vets and military people? Every one is making their own narrative on this and it changes every so often.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no issue with a player or players or a team protesting, I find it funny they don't do that on their days off. Is this about protest or bringing attention your oneself? I think there is a time and place for everything, frankly when you put on the uniform you are there for 1 reason to go out and produce. These guys have days off and months off, go out and make an impact that is great. Be active in your community I think that is great. Protest injustice I have no issue but to do so to bring attention to yourself I think misses the objective.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how not standing for the flag went all the way to the point everyone is disrespecting vets and military people? Every one is making their own narrative on this and it changes every so often.
The Vets and current people serving are just a pawn in the fight, the people using the Vet/Military as an argument in this argument are the ones actually disrespecting them

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No but it's still a despicable thing to do to those who fought and died for these freedoms. All these people who hate people fighting for equality don't care about these service men, they're just a convent pawn in the fight against people of color.

Nobody here is against racial equality.

What they are against is the misguided belief that there is institutional racism in law enforcement perpetuated by lies like 'hands up, don't shoot' and that they are dragging symbols of our country like the flag and the anthem thru the mud to further perpetuate these lies.

YR

John813

Reaction score
The thread is about the comments of a Iraq war widow. It's got nothing to do with Vietnam.

Afghan widow as well(where he died).

Cause military is the #1 failproof conservative topic.
Losing a debate?
Left: Racist!
Right: Why do you hate America/our troops?

EST_1986

Reaction score
Nobody here is against racial equality.

What they are against is the misguided belief that there is institutional racism in law enforcement perpetuated by lies like 'hands up, don't shoot' and that they are dragging symbols of our country like the flag and the anthem thru the mud to further perpetuate these lies.

YR
you are actually saying there isn't institution racism in law enforcement?