Path to the Division crown appears

Reaction score
With a legit passer and a much better defense Philly has a demonstrably better team than Dallas right now,,, and an easier schedule ahead of them. Many of us expected the defense to cost us games early in the year and hoped that eventually it would gel and allow the Cowboys to make a run for the playoffs. A lot of this hope was also reliant on Washington/ Philly/ NY remaining mediocre, which of course didn't happen in Philly's case. So it is what it is, I can stomach Dallas missing the playoffs provided that the defense eventually shows us that the grand plan is going to pay off, if not this year then next.

diefree666

Reaction score
With a legit passer and a much better defense Philly has a demonstrably better team than Dallas right now,,, and an easier schedule ahead of them. Many of us expected the defense to cost us games early in the year and hoped that eventually it would gel and allow the Cowboys to make a run for the playoffs. A lot of this hope was also reliant on Washington/ Philly/ NY remaining mediocre, which of course didn't happen in Philly's case. So it is what it is, I can stomach Dallas missing the playoffs provided that the defense eventually shows us that the grand plan is going to pay off, if not this year then next.
those two injuries cut the edge down significantly. You cannot lose for the season a Pro Bowl LT and Pro Bowl MLB and not have that HURT.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like their wild card chances better, but any path to the playoff works for me.:flagwave:

Ill sign for that right now.

Philly has the division I think.

They will be a 12-4 or 11-5 team.

Dallas put themselves in a position to where I think we would be lucky to go 10-6.

If we can somehow pull off a 4-0 in this next stretch of games then we can talk about the division again.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
At least this week, I would run the ball to Norman’s side often and make him tackle Zeke. Do this 3 quarters and Dez may just win the game against Norman when we need him to make a play.
Norman is still dealing with bruised ribs. I do not think he is 100% to play yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
Winning the same +1 and beating them heads-up. Their SoS so far hasn't been amazing and they are doing worse on injuries now. Really the only concern I have is losing Lee again (or Dak).

People need to stop with the SOS argument. Most analytics have their schedule to date as being just as hard as ours............. and their remaining schedule being much easier.

Football Insiders has their schedule played to date as 14th............. ours? 31st. Now, in fairness, we got dinged a bit because of Rodgers being out now so the strength of GB is down, but nevertheless, this idea that they've played a weak schedule to date and we've run some gauntlet compared to them is false.

And it only gets tougher. According to FO, their remaining schedule is 25th and ours is 2nd.

It's going to take a pretty miraculous run for us to win the division IMO.

Reaction score
those two injuries cut the edge down significantly. You cannot lose for the season a Pro Bowl LT and Pro Bowl MLB and not have that HURT.

Injuries will always play a role in team success and any number of factors could contribute to Dallas ultimately making the playoffs. My point was a larger one, that the Cowboys bit the bullet in their defensive overhaul this offseason and I'm okay with the consequences provided that the grand plan pays off eventually. I need to see this defense improve a great deal as the season goes on.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And all it took was one win v an 0-6 team. People just need to settle in for the middle stretch of the season. There's a long way to go.

And what does a win against an 0-6 team do for us?

Like some pointed out. The ONLY way the Cowboys do something special this year is if the NFC contenders continue to get major injuries like Rogers. Started happening to Philly last week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And what does a win against an 0-6 team do for us?

Like some pointed out. The ONLY way the Cowboys do something special this year is if the NFC contenders continue to get major injuries like Rogers. Started happening to Philly last week.

Fortunately, mathematically, and from experience watching any other NFL season, we know that's not true.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did a bit of editing. Would love to hear the Egals fans saying that next Monday. :omg:

I would, too. Don't expect it, but I would love it.

I do expect the Eagles to lose more than one more game this season. And if they don't, I don't blame the Cowboys for that. We can only control what we can control right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would, too. Don't expect it, but I would love it.

I do expect the Eagles to lose more than one more game this season. And if they don't, I don't blame the Cowboys for that. We can only control what we can control right now.

The cowboys play them twice. So mathematically, the Cowboys can beat them twice and have full control over whether or not they lose more than one game. Therefore the Cowboys are fully to blame if they only lose one more game.