Path to the Division crown appears

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently not, at least at this point. Some in the media are opining that the Eagles fear moving Johnson and then putting a new RT in would create unfamiliarity at two OL positions. So they will leave Johnson at RT and hope V can handle the LT spot. I suspect Johnson would move to LT in the spring for 2018 if Peters just retires.

Wow. Interesting. Yeah, I thought Johnson was the heir at LT and they'd just slide him over and upgrade RT next offseason. Curious to see how this plays out. It doesn't sound smart to me.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While this is true but you can bet this coach will have his coordinators attacking those looses........all about match ups

The Skins had a ton of injury problems of their own at that point. We're catching them at a good time. Better take advantage of it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting. Yeah, I thought Johnson was the heir at LT and they'd just slide him over and upgrade RT next offseason. Curious to see how this plays out. It doesn't sound smart to me.

Fans and some in the media think it's a risk. Granted, they can probably get by this weekend against the 49ers. But Denver with Miller could be interesting.

I still bet that deep down, they acknowledge the reality that they may have to make the switch.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Skins had a ton of injury problems of their own at that point. We're catching them at a good time. Better take advantage of it.

With their OL injuries, I'll be disappointed if we don't get another really good showing from the front seven against the run and getting after Cousins. Even if guys like Moses tries to play, how healthy can they be?

dfense

Reaction score
Lets see if the Eagles hang a 40-3 burger on the Niners this week. That's my this week's gauge.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans and some in the media think it's a risk. Granted, they can probably get by this weekend against the 49ers. But Denver with Miller could be interesting.

I still bet that deep down, they acknowledge the reality that they may have to make the switch.

It's a tough call. Changing both OTs is a big deal, too. But if Johnson is the guy next year, I think I'd take the hit now. Or maybe get to the bye and do it then, whenever that is for them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With their OL injuries, I'll be disappointed if we don't get another really good showing from the front seven against the run and getting after Cousins. Even if guys like Moses tries to play, how healthy can they be?

Thompson will be a good test for our LBs in pass coverage, too. And Dez on Norman with the bad ribs should be fun. Lots of good stuff this week.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If we win the division it would be nothing short of a miracle at this point with this upcoming schedule. They will have earned it that's for sure.

I'm not entirely sold that it would take a miracle but it might be the next closest thing. When you couple the poor start we're off to with the head start of the Eagles and their level of play on both sides of the ball, it does seem likely that a wild card is our best bet at this juncture.

Of course, things can oftentimes change pretty quickly in the NFL, so there's that to consider as well. We'll still probably be in the running 'til the fat lady sings, so I'm not about to give up until she's bellowing loudly at or about this season's closing weeks.

It's somewhat encouraging, nevertheless, that we appear to be on the upswing at present but some tough games are looming just around the corner. I'll keep my expectations at arm's length going forward, yet plan on enjoying whatever this team has to offer. ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And how we handle the Skins.

This game will be a lot closer than people think. Reports this week of sideline frustration and tension during our game is clear the 49ers are wounded and desperate. Let's remember before last week's blowout, all their previous losses were pretty close.

Sydla

Reaction score
This game will be a lot closer than people think. Reports this week of sideline frustration and tension during our game is clear the 49ers are wounded and desperate. Let's remember before last week's blowout, all their previous losses were pretty close.

Unless some more injuries, the Eagles will steamroll the 49ers. The Niners have no offense at all and their best weapon is probably Hyde and the Eagles are the #1 run D.

So for a close game, the 49ers D better sack the hell out of Wentz and force a crap ton of turnovers.