Twitter: Patrick Mahomes: Being compared to Romo is Awesome!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If Romo had put up this stat line: 26 of 41 for 286 yards, 2 TDs and 2 ints. like Mahomes did in the Super Bowl, how badly would we have lost?

Number of playoff wins is a silly way to compare quarterbacks.

No it isn't. Football is about the QB. They influence the game more than any other position and it isn't even close. Your team usually goes how your QB goes in the end. Especially now days Go tell me how many great QBs have never even won one measly divisional round playoff game. There is a reason why QBs are judged by their W-L record and playoff record. Unlike any other position. The only people who say playoff wins don't matter are those arguing for a QB that never did anything in the playoffs. Like Romo.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Romo had put up this stat line: 26 of 41 for 286 yards, 2 TDs and 2 ints. like Mahomes did in the Super Bowl, how badly would we have lost?

Number of playoff wins is a silly way to compare quarterbacks.
Especially when you only win 2.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Romo could have done more, if Red Jesus was elsewhere. Just to say, life is not fair.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Especially when you only win 2.

No. It's just like saying that Jason Witten isn't one of the best tight ends of all time and a Hall of Famer because he doesn't have as many playoff victories as some other tight ends. No single player is responsible for wins and losses. It's stupid to think that way.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. It's just like saying that Jason Witten isn't one of the best tight ends of all time and a Hall of Famer because he doesn't have as many playoff victories as some other tight ends. No single player is responsible for wins and losses. It's stupid to think that way.
I respect your opinion. Just disagree. You certainly win and lose as a team but the QB position is easily the most important position for winning in the NFL. Romo was an excellent QB and I will always appreciate what he did for us. But he did not play his best games often enough when it counted the most.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I respect your opinion. Just disagree. You certainly win and lose as a team but the QB position is easily the most important position for winning in the NFL. Romo was an excellent QB and I will always appreciate what he did for us. But he did not play his best games often enough when it counted the most.

So which do you hold against him, the pass that Crayton dropped that looked to be a sure TD with open field in front of him against the Giants in a 21-17 loss in the playoffs in 2007, the end-zone pass on which Crayton cut off his route in the same game or the dropped/reversed pass to Dez Bryant in the Green Bay game? Each of those passes were where they needed to be and the WRs failed to execute. When it counted the most, they let the team down, not Romo.

I could point to plenty of other plays as well. The QB position might be the most important for winning, but that's a far cry from the QB being able to win games when other players drop the ball. The offensive line doesn't protect well, that's not on the QB. The defense can't hold a lead, that's not on the QB.