Twitter: Patrick Mahomes: Being compared to Romo is Awesome!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Criminy! Mahomes is too kind of a chap. In the current season Mahomes won as many playoff games as Romo did in 12 years. Oh, and then there is that little Super Bowl game that Mahomes got to in his third NFL year and Romo got to only as a spectator.:muttley:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
You guys are just delusional. Romo isnt even better than Danny White. He was an ok qb that you guys talk about like he was a god on the football field lol
He was a great QB that would've gotten way more respect if he had played for any other team. He should've refused to re-sign with the team and went somewhere else so he could have a legitimate chance at getting a ring.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Or the realists that know dak is better than any qb that you can readily sign or draft. We would all love for dak to take a diacount for the team but thats just not going to happen. He has a chance to set his family up for 2 lifetimes. Blame jerry and romo for not the $$ being used up by dead money that didnt allow for us to take advantage while dak was basically playing for free
Wouldn't that be between 1 and 2,

Option 4:D

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Mahomes isn’t anything like Romo... I don’t see the similarities at all lol. The media spins Cowboys propaganda anywhere they can for ratings. It’s actually getting out of hand. They’re talking Cowboys during the sb week. It’s honestly embarrassing no wonder people hate us..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Insensitive posts will be auto-deleted.
2. This is not a Kobe Bryant thread.

Open

uvaballa

Reaction score
Mahomes is much better especially at his young age. Romo wasn’t starting at 24. Mahomes is like a better version of Steve Young.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mahomes is much better especially at his young age. Romo wasn’t starting at 24. Mahomes is like a better version of Steve Young.
While I agree that Mahomes is better than Romo was, Romo sat out while a seasoned veteran played. Mahomes was drafted to play right away.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
While I agree that Mahomes is better than Romo was, Romo sat out while a season veteran played. Mahomes was drafted to play right away.
In the 1st round while Romo was undrafted. Amazing that an UFA is being compared to former 1st round picks...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tony Romo was a very good NFL QB. I loved him as a Cowboy. But comparing him to Mahomes in my judgment is a stretch. Romo was never even close to this good. In two years, Mahomes has more playoff wins than Romo had in over 12 years. And he’s 24. No knock on Tony...but Mahomes is light years better.

If Romo had put up this stat line: 26 of 41 for 286 yards, 2 TDs and 2 ints. like Mahomes did in the Super Bowl, how badly would we have lost?

Number of playoff wins is a silly way to compare quarterbacks.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Oh well comparison is over! Patrick Mahomes, Super Bowl Champion, and Super Bowl MVP.

Romo all time leading passer in Cowboys history 0 NFC Championship Game Appearances, 0 MVPs, 0 Super Bowls, and 0 Super Bowl MVPs.

Who is next to resurrect Romo from the grave of not "good enough"?

Romotil45

Reaction score
I see some similarities for sure, although Mahomes is superior.

I don't want to hear it. ROMO is dead to me. He pussed out and took a cushy broadcasting job when he should have gone to Denver and won a SB. They had a great defense and are still decent all they needed was a real QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't want to hear it. ROMO is dead to me. He pussed out and took a cushy broadcasting job when he should have gone to Denver and won a SB. They had a great defense and are still decent all they needed was a real QB.

LOL probably the most pathetic post I've read on this board.

He specifically said the main reason he retired was due to a combination of injuries and the fact that he didn't want to pick up and start a new life somewhere. Family man took priority over football. Imagine labeling that "pussing out"

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
LOL probably the most pathetic post I've read on this board.

He specifically said the main reason he retired was due to a combination of injuries and the fact that he didn't want to pick up and start a new life somewhere. Family man took priority over football. Imagine labeling that "pussing out"
I completely agree. Romo retired because of injuries, he struggled staying healthy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak slobberers getting angrier and angrier, lol. You can set your watch and check off the names on which loser is going to pop out from behind his rock to cry.
Anyways, I don’t really see it. Mahomes defining characteristic is his amazing physical ability... which makes him difficult to compare to anyone really.
It appears you are the one slobbering to make an issue that isn't there. This is you crying and whining, not some unnamed person that hasn't said anything about this.