Twitter: Patrick Mahomes: Being compared to Romo is Awesome!

DFWJC

Reaction score
There’s more Romo lovers than haters on this board. Dak in only four seasons has taken more abuse on this board than Romo ever did. This board is loaded with Romo apologists who defended him no matter how many costly turnovers he committed. You never saw near as many threads with fans wanting to get rid of Romo like we’ve seen with Dak. Every week at least a couple of threads pop up with fans looking for a better option at QB than Dak. Some of the names that keep coming up to replace him are laughable!

Romo was and is way more popular amongst this board/fan base than Dak. There’s fans on this board that will never forgive Dak for taking Romo’s job and getting him cut. The majority of this fan base doesn’t want to pay Dak. You would have to go back to the days of Quincy Carter to see a Cowboys QB who’s taken as much abuse from the fan base as Dak. The only reason Romo is taking abuse in this thread is because Pat Mahomes is being compared to him. Not once have I ever watched Pat Mahomes play and thought he reminded me of Romo. Now watch some idiot claim that makes me a Romo hater. lol
What a crock.
Only a few really don’t like Dak....me not being among them.
Romo took crap universally and for years.
And off a totally false narrative. Top 5 in NFL history in 4th comebacks per game, yet was labeled a choker
Preposterous

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What a crock.
Only a few really don’t like Dak....me not being among them.
Romo took crap universally and for years.
And off a totally false narrative. Top 5 in NFL history in 4th comebacks per game, yet was labeled a choker
Preposterous

What board have you been on? lol More than half the fan base doesn’t think Dak is the answer at QB. This board is loaded with threads by fans who don’t want to pay him. Romo took a lot of abuse because of untimely turnovers and he couldn’t win big games. He had some great comeback’s in weeks 3, 7 and 10 but hardly ever in December/Jan. His December meltdowns are legendary. Go check all the turnovers he committed his first three seasons in December and January. I never hated him but he certainly never came up big when it mattered most. A QB doesn’t get a choker reputation by coming up big in critical games. I’m not going any further with this, it’s a waste of time.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see some similarities for sure, although Mahomes is superior.

Tony Romo was a very good NFL QB. I loved him as a Cowboy. But comparing him to Mahomes in my judgment is a stretch. Romo was never even close to this good. In two years, Mahomes has more playoff wins than Romo had in over 12 years. And he’s 24. No knock on Tony...but Mahomes is light years better.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
So many things to hit on with this.

1.) Romo and Mahomes have very similar playing styles, pocket awarenesses and mentalities

2.) Romo wasn’t as physically gifted. Mahomes is the Lebron James of the NFL. Romo was intelligent, accurate, athletic enough, agile, had a good sense in the pocket, and had a lot of lower body strength. Mahomes is a monster with a killer arm. Big, strong and fast.

3.) The closest player to Romo right now is Gardner Minshew, IMO.

4.)Andy Reid > Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett put together.

5.)Dallas should’ve tried to hire Reid the moment he was fired by Philly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I seriously don't understand how anyone can think Romo wasn't a great QB. The man spent half his career running for his life and making great throws.
There was a game at home against the SL Rams, 3rd and 3 at the 50, crap snap, way over his head, Romo picked it up at the 15 and dodges 3 tackles, runs its for a 1st down.
Wrap your head around him doing all of that and gaining 35 yards.
And he didn't throw this time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There was a game at home against the SL Rams, 3rd and 3 at the 50, crap snap, way over his head, Romo picked it up at the 15 and dodges 3 tackles, runs its for a 1st down.
Wrap your head around him doing all of that and gaining 35 yards.
And he didn't throw this time.
He had to recover a lot of bad snaps in his career, and he seemed to have a knack for getting to them and making positive plays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What board have you been on? lol More than half the fan base doesn’t think Dak is the answer at QB. This board is loaded with threads by fans who don’t want to pay him. Romo took a lot of abuse because of untimely turnovers and he couldn’t win big games. He had some great comeback’s in weeks 3, 7 and 10 but hardly ever in December/Jan. His December meltdowns are legendary. Go check all the turnovers he committed his first three seasons in December and January. I never hated him but he certainly never came up big when it mattered most. A QB doesn’t get a choker reputation by coming up big in critical games. I’m not going any further with this, it’s a waste of time.
I think you have three groups,KJJ. And then some in between

1. Those that love Dak and want Dallas to pay him what he's probably asking for—which would probably be most in the league.
  2. Those that like him, but don't think we should pay him even top 5. These may prefer a franchise tag if he wont take non top 5 money. Maybe they think he's a top 12-15 QB.
  3. Those that think Dak is not the answer. That Dallas should look elswhere

If you're curious....Do a poll.
You can even add
4) somewhere between 1 and 2
5) somewhere between 2 and 3

I bet there are not many 3s. Maybe 10% or less...just very vocal

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony Romo was a very good NFL QB. I loved him as a Cowboy. But comparing him to Mahomes in my judgment is a stretch. Romo was never even close to this good. In two years, Mahomes has more playoff wins than Romo had in over 12 years. And he’s 24. No knock on Tony...but Mahomes is light years better.
But the OP and video wasn't saying he's as good.
They just said there was a part of his game that was also in Mahomes
Mahomes found it flattering....talking probably about creativity and aggressiveness.
Thats all.
Without really listening, people decided to pile on Romo about something that wasn't even said in the first place..
Mahomes is a cyborg. Hard to compare him to anyone if we mean overall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

1. Those that love Dak and want Dallas to pay him what he's probably asking for—which would probably be most in the league.
  2. Those that like him, but don't think we should pay him even top 5. These may prefer a franchise tag if he wont take non top 5 money. Maybe they think he's a top 12-15 QB.

You can even add

There’s definitely several groups and the loudest group are the ones that don’t think he’s the answer and don’t want to pay him. The loudest group is usually the biggest group. It’s not just on this board it’s everywhere. There was a poll not that long ago where many don’t think he’s the answer at QB. Most of the media and football experts think he’s the answer but many of the fans don’t.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

You can even add

Or the realists that know dak is better than any qb that you can readily sign or draft. We would all love for dak to take a diacount for the team but thats just not going to happen. He has a chance to set his family up for 2 lifetimes. Blame jerry and romo for not the $$ being used up by dead money that didnt allow for us to take advantage while dak was basically playing for free