Twitter: Patrick Mahomes: Being compared to Romo is Awesome!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was an advocate for bringing in Andy Reid after he left Philly...who knows what he and Romo would have done together.

I’m a huge fan of Andy Reid and hope he gets his Lombardi this year.

Personally, I am rooting for SF. I like the way their team is constructed. If Mahomes wins, he may dominate the NFL like Brady and Belli did for the next 10 years.

shabazz

Reaction score
Minus the turnovers, speed, athleticism, clutchness.......I could see it...........

:lmao:

Neither did, or will have any issues whatsoever in earning and getting good contracts from their respective teams.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I see some similarities for sure, although Mahomes is superior.
Lol, he's only played one full season. 10 to 1, he won't be in the Superbowl next season. Just as Goff & Foles, weren't.

"Superior"?! :lmao:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak slobberers getting angrier and angrier, lol. You can set your watch and check off the names on which loser is going to pop out from behind his rock to cry.
Anyways, I don’t really see it. Mahomes defining characteristic is his amazing physical ability... which makes him difficult to compare to anyone really.
Prescott wasn't even mentioned in this thread until you did. I think you have a slobber fetish.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His defenses have been ranked 28 and 17. Isn’t that the same criteria people use to explain why Romo didn’t have a defense?
I don't know what people have used or said. I tend to stay out of those discussions. Romo has had defenses, just not consistently good to great defenses.

I'm only pointing out that KC has a good defense, even though it isn't flashy or have "names" on that side.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Dak slobberers getting angrier and angrier, lol. You can set your watch and check off the names on which loser is going to pop out from behind his rock to cry.
Anyways, I don’t really see it. Mahomes defining characteristic is his amazing physical ability... which makes him difficult to compare to anyone really.
only he's talking about being confident. Not being afraid to try and put the ball wherever you want to. Not physically.

johneric8

Reaction score
I like the comparison. Mahomes is definitely better, but what would Mahomes look like with Garrett as HC and OC calling plays?

What would Romo have been like in KC with an offensive genius for a HC and kelcy and Hill to throw to?

What you said is true, we can't compare because Mahomes has an incredible offensive coach while Romo had Garrett. Lets also not forget that the chiefs have actually rabid fans and a home field advantage.

The one thing that amazes me in regards to Mahomes is his arm strength which probably comes from Baseball. I saw him throwing darts at long distances while on his knees during a demonstration or warmup.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't know what people have used or said. I tend to stay out of those discussions. Romo has had defenses, just not consistently good to great defenses.

I'm only pointing out that KC has a good defense, even though it isn't flashy or have "names" on that side.
I can respect that and I agree. It’s not as bad as people claim, just like most of our defenses under Romo weren’t as bad as many make them out to be.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I shall repeat, "Game reconize Game"
I enjoyed watching Romo mature as a QB. But all too oft it was for not. Not all on Romo either. Sad that we couldn’t get it done with a capable QB.

With that said, I still feel like Dak is a capable QB as well. Everyone likes to say that conditions need to be perfect for Dak to succeed. I think the same applied to Romo for the most part. Justin Tuck (former Giant DE) said that he believed the 2007 Romo team was the most complete team he had ever faced. Even surpassing the Pats. Things that make ya go Hmmm?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can respect that and I agree. It’s not as bad as people claim, just like most of our defenses under Romo weren’t as bad as many make them out to be.
I think the biggest issue is that the offense under Romo was always superior to the defensive counterpart even with some solid guys on that side. But it wasn't complete trash every year.