Patrick Mahomes Sr. has been arrested in Texas for DWI for the third time

jwitten82

Reaction score
If some bozo claims everyone does it, they're wrong. I've never driven drunk. It's not that I'm Mr. Perfect. I've made plenty of mistakes. It's just that I've known about the problems caused by drunk driving, and I decided long ago I didn't want that. It is legal to drive if you have a .08 alcohol reading in one of those tests. So, in theory, someone could have a small amount of alcohol and then do the calculations to make sure they're .08 or less and then go driving. You could even own one of those blow test things and check yourself. However, I decided long ago, I didn't want to fool with that. So if I went out and planned to drive home, I simply would not drink at all. Nowadays, I don't consume any alcohol at all ever. Maybe some people think what I'm doing is really hard. It's not. If for some reason, I did want to go out and drink, I would either take an Uber or some other kind of taxi home, or I would go out in a group that has one designated driver. You could even get a hotel room, and drink in the hotel's bar, so you can just walk back to your room. But, you're right. There are still people who think it's okay to go out drinking and then drive home. They're just not being very smart.
Same here, never drove drunk. It's not that damn hard to put some money away for Uber, I Uber anytime I go out to drink and in total i probably spend 50-60 dollars for the night on the ride. If you can't afford that, then you need to get your finances in order before you go out and have a drink

RoboQB

Reaction score
the real problem are those that keep driving even after losing their license. To me if you are caught doing that it should be at least ten years and no parole
For those making light of drinking and driving and its ok if no one is hurt THIS time, what about NEXT time?
At what point do we stop worrying about HIS rights and and be MORE WORRIED about the right of the people to be protected from him?
For the record, again, I don't condone it. Just wanted
more information. Dude was actually drinking and driving.
Seen with an open container and the cop witnessed him drinking. Anyone that dumb deserves to get caught.

Then again, there was this husband of a certain woman
from California that was on police camera completely hammered behind the wheel. He didn't get in much trouble for it. He even had a friend come over for a slumber party. He got hammered then too...lol iykyk

Jayinem

Reaction score
I read that he got 40 days (that he was able to serve on weekends) for the second DWI.

He might end up spending 6 months in jail this time. His get out of jail free cards are probably all used up.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Same here, never drove drunk. It's not that damn hard to put some money away for Uber, I Uber anytime I go out to drink and in total i probably spend 50-60 dollars for the night on the ride. If you can't afford that, then you need to get your finances in order before you go out and have a drink
Good advice, for sure. Or the poor man's version would be to just buy drinks at the store and consume it at home. However, I'm glad I don't even have to worry about that. I quit alcohol back in 2010 and haven't touched a drop since then. It's just not worth it to me anymore. Although I was careful to not do any DUI, it was causing other problems. It was a life hindrance, so I quit. It helped to get my finances in order as well. No more spending money on that stuff as well.
And to be clear, I'm not saying everyone has to quit alcohol. It was just the right choice for me.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Good advice, for sure. Or the poor man's version would be to just buy drinks at the store and consume it at home. However, I'm glad I don't even have to worry about that. I quit alcohol back in 2010 and haven't touched a drop since then. It's just not worth it to me anymore. Although I was careful to not do any DUI, it was causing other problems. It was a life hindrance, so I quit. It helped to get my finances in order as well. No more spending money on that stuff as well.
And to be clear, I'm not saying everyone has to quit alcohol. It was just the right choice for me.
I quit recently, because I was structuring my life around drinking. I’d say to myself “ok, tomorrow is my day off, and I’m not going to the gym the day after, perfect time to get drunk”. Haven’t had a drink in almost 3 months and don’t really miss it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I quit recently, because I was structuring my life around drinking. I’d say to myself “ok, tomorrow is my day off, and I’m not going to the gym the day after, perfect time to get drunk”. Haven’t had a drink in almost 3 months and don’t really miss it.
Good for you. The turning point for me was that I realized I would never reach any of my goals if I kept on drinking, and it might even kill me. I rarely miss it. If I ever start to miss it, I'll go back to meetings. When I quit drinking, I started taking French lessons. I did whole French courses, then I started practicing the language by conversing with French speakers. Now I can speak it pretty well. I like to say I traded in drinking alcohol for the ability to speak another language. Best trade I ever made.
Keep it up! Three months sober is nothing to sneeze at. Throwing problem alcohol out of your life opens up other opportunities.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Kelce & Swift ...."We're gong to be all the talk before the SB"

Patrick Mahomes Sr. .... "Hold my Beer..."

Staubacher

Reaction score
If this guy played for the Cowboys the comments here would be a lot different lol

Flamma

Reaction score
His two previous DWI charges were in 1994
and 2018 where he served 40 days in county jail.

He was charged with public intoxication in 2016
at his son's game.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Because if no one gets hurt, there are other ways to deal with that problem that doesn't include a long prison sentence. However, when you get caught 3 times for DWI, just know they've probably been drinking and driving at all times. Not just 3 times they made a bad choice. I know one person that got 3 of them. There wasn't a day that went by that she didn't drive buzzed or drunk. Even driving kids back from school. It was only until she got locked up that changed her behavior.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you. Because if no one gets hurt, there are other ways to deal with that problem that doesn't include a long prison sentence. However, when you get caught 3 times for DWI, just know they've probably been drinking and driving at all times. Not just 3 times they made a bad choice. I know one person that got 3 of them. There wasn't a day that went by that she didn't drive buzzed or drunk. Even driving kids back from school. It was only until she got locked up that changed her behavior.
We agree.
Once I read that the cop actually saw him drinking
while driving, it eliminated any "excuse" I could make
hypothetically for him. You can't fix "stupid".

Side story: every "hole in the wall" bar has a following
of blue-haired retirees waiting since 2:30pm for the
bar to open at 3pm. They get hammered for 3 hours
and leave just as the people getting off work are showing
up. It amazes me just how many drunks are on the road.

1942willys

Reaction score
Frankly they deserve nothing but jail for the simple reason the innocent people on the road SHOULD BE PROTECTED from them

WE lock up violent criminals for that reason; why not habitual drunk drivers?

Flamma

Reaction score
Frankly they deserve nothing but jail for the simple reason the innocent people on the road SHOULD BE PROTECTED from them

WE lock up violent criminals for that reason; why not habitual drunk drivers?
Because violent criminals are violent. They've done something. Someone paid the price for their actions. Because if you're going to imprison people for potential, then using your phone while driving should put you in jail. There are ways to deal with people that drink and drive to deter them from doing that on a consistent basis.

Our problem is that the penalties for a first or 2nd time offense isn't good enough. Fine the crap out of them. Make them work community service at horse stables for 500 hours. I guarantee you that we don't see a 3rd offense.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is sad that Patrick Mahomes seems like a good guy but his family seems to be suspect.

Wife seems like a diva, brother is a putz and his father is DUI guy.

Frankly it is shocking that Patrick is not a mess.

1942willys

Reaction score
Because violent criminals are violent. They've done something. Someone paid the price for their actions. Because if you're going to imprison people for potential, then using your phone while driving should put you in jail. There are ways to deal with people that drink and drive to deter them from doing that on a consistent basis.

Our problem is that the penalties for a first or 2nd time offense isn't good enough. Fine the crap out of them. Make them work community service at horse stables for 500 hours. I guarantee you that we don't see a 3rd offense.
really? Ways that actually work better than them in prison? I see nothing but more whining and crying about the criminals and no care at all for the victims
A habitual drunk drivers HAS DONE SOMETHING. He or she has endangered everyone on the road
but you seem to care not for that