Patrick Peterson aces Wonderlic

Hoofbite

Reaction score
baj1dallas;3883338 said:
What makes you think the Wonderlic tests common sense? It doesn't. It's an intelligence test. It tests the ability to interpret and answer written questions. There's a simple answer for a lot of low scores - not being able to read well. And I don't particularly see why reading ability is germane to playing in the NFL.

That statement was in regard to players blowing the test off "because it doesn't mean anything".

To really believe that it doesn't mean anything to the extent that you neglect an opportunity to prepare yourself to get a higher score is lacking common sense.

dwmyers

Reaction score
From an old CZ thread on Wonderlic issues and the boys..

Quoting myself, I mention that Markus Steele and Daleroy Stewart had scores around 9 or so.

And to note, even if Patrick's score is low (and that suggests a number > 9 and perhaps less than 14), Prince's *first* score was 14. Not like either top 10 CB is a rocket scientist.

And what it means is that if you're running complicated Belichick style zone coverages, Peterson is not a CB for you. And probably never will be the kind of guy who calls defenses.

Just to ask the dumb Qs, re calling defenses, what was Keith Brooking's Wonderlic? Sean Lee's? Being on the Dean's List at Penn State must say something. Brooking's school, well, I think ACC schools average a SAT around 1200.

D-

newlander

Reaction score
Hostile;3881763 said:
Please let 8 teams in front of us care about this.

......I mean Peterson DID go to that Ivy League type $EC power (L$U);)

Wood

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3883618 said:
That statement was in regard to players blowing the test off "because it doesn't mean anything".

To really believe that it doesn't mean anything to the extent that you neglect an opportunity to prepare yourself to get a higher score is lacking common sense.

I don't think Peterson looks special. He looks to be highly overrated. Instead I just hope he turns out to be a good decoy for Dallas...meaning I hope other teams spend alot of their time on him..and hopefully allowing your true dynamic players to reach Dallas at #9 like Quinn or Julio Jones or Marcell Dareus.