Patrick Peterson aces Wonderlic

burmafrd

Reaction score
what this DOES call into question is Peterson being a FS. You do need more intelligence and football intelligence to play FS.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wow.

Single-digits?

Stupid people do stupid things.

Can't say that I'm behind drafting a complete brain dead idiot. Odds are he'll do something completely ridiculous off the field and being sitting games out.

Seriously, how do you score that low?

urface59

Reaction score
So did this mean he's only capable of saying his own name like our good friend timmy above?
PHP:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
LatinMind;3881874 said:
Good, Dallas already has its fair share of Stupid illiterate players who dont seem to know right from left

The irony.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I figured the only way to nip this in the bud is to let people hear him themselves, and maybe some of the people around him as well.

[youtube]0j8XClW7oZ8[/youtube]

[youtube]hapGnAjCAOU[/youtube]

[youtube]v4CPQGhdJZU[/youtube]

[youtube]f-DqA5rkIy8[/youtube]

[youtube]ydFuszlUD50[/youtube]

This one even addresses a little controversy.

[youtube]ydFuszlUD50[/youtube]

[youtube]0GRh-cVAHhY&NR=1[/youtube]

Here's his announcement of declaring for the Draft.

[youtube]tS1FGvnLQmU[/youtube]

If you still think he's a slobbering, drooling neanderthal who can barely think or speak, then I don't know what to tell you.

b6y984.png

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hostile;3882820 said:
I figured the only way to nip this in the bud is to let people hear him themselves, and maybe some of the people around him as well

http://i54.tinypic.com/b6y984.png

lol please stop it already, if this was somebody you didnt like so much you would be red flagging him and telling everybody how much they dont understand the nfl.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3882824 said:
lol please stop it already, if this was somebody you didnt like so much you would be red flagging him and telling everybody how much they dont understand the nfl.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
C'mon Hos, you have to know that NFL DBs can't wear single digits. Deion always had to wear his college #2 in practice only. Give him #26, best one available.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3882839 said:
C'mon Hos, you have to know that NFL DBs can't wear single digits. Deion always had to wear his college #2 in practice only.
I didn't make it bro. My graphics skills are roughly on par with a chimpanzee.

dogberry

Reaction score
How far back to wonderlics or their equivalent go?

There must be a list of lowest, highest, and average numbers per position. Lowest wonderlic for a Super Bowl QB, lowest for an all-pro safety.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;3882820 said:
I figured the only way to nip this in the bud is to let people hear him themselves, and maybe some of the people around him as well.

There's nothing to "nip in the bud". If the dude scored single digits, he scored single digits and no amount of seemingly intelligent speaking can change that.

If your point was to show us that he sounds more intelligent than his Wonderlic score would indicate then good job because you have done that. He sounds far more intelligent that one would expect from a borderline brain dead score.

Honestly, I don't know how any person who has gone to college can score single digits.

And I've heard people say that the kids don't take it seriously and if it that is the reason for a player not scoring well, I definitely wouldn't take them.

It's one thing to lack intelligence. It's another to lack common sense. If I am the agent of a player, I'm getting my client a tutor if need be. Someone said it earlier, scoring high isn't really that impressive but scoring incredibly low is concerning.

And that picture is pretty cool. Whoever did that has a little photoshop skill going.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3882875 said:
There's nothing to "nip in the bud". If the dude scored single digits, he scored single digits and no amount of seemingly intelligent speaking can change that.

If your point was to show us that he sounds more intelligent than his Wonderlic score would indicate then good job because you have done that. He sounds far more intelligent that one would expect from a borderline brain dead score.
I've said for years that the Wonderlic doesn't matter. I was saying the same thing when Drew Henson was my guy and his score was being pimped like crazy.

Football intelligence and and the Wonderlic are not co-dependent.

Honestly, I don't know how any person who has gone to college can score single digits.

And I've heard people say that the kids don't take it seriously and if it that is the reason for a player not scoring well, I definitely wouldn't take them.
I hope someone drafting ahead of us takes the Wonderlic seriously and is scared away by it. Beyond that, I don't care.

It's one thing to lack intelligence. It's another to lack common sense. If I am the agent of a player, I'm getting my client a tutor if need be. Someone said it earlier, scoring high isn't really that impressive but scoring incredibly low is concerning.

And that picture is pretty cool. Whoever did that has a little photoshop skill going.
I wish I had done it. I just love it. casmith07 was the first I saw post it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hostile;3882885 said:
I've said for years that the Wonderlic doesn't matter. I was saying the same thing when Drew Henson was my guy and his score was being pimped like crazy.

Football intelligence and and the Wonderlic are not co-dependent.

I hope someone drafting ahead of us takes the Wonderlic seriously and is scared away by it. Beyond that, I don't care.

I wish I had done it. I just love it. casmith07 was the first I saw post it.

I agree that Wonderlic does nothing to show football intelligence.

But, what it does show is that a guy is stupid. Given the emphasis on player conduct, I consider stupidity a risk factor for poor decisions and possible suspension.

There are other factors that supersede stupidity for sure. Is the guy an upstanding individual? How was he growing up? How does he handle himself now? All valid counters to the stupidity angle.

That said, I just cannot get over ridiculous low scores. With so many resources and so much money on the line, teams cannot afford to get slapped in the back of the head because one of their players did something incredibly stupid and is now sitting out. Not to mention the ability to pick up the game. I think this side of it is minimal but still worth noting. Having all the talent in the world is great but if you can't diagnose a play and put yourself in position, it doesn't do any good.

IMO, with the emphasis on player conduct, stupidity is now a factor worth considering. Even the smartest and most upstanding people make poor decisions. We're all susceptible but having less to work with to reason out one's actions creates an elevated level of susceptibility.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3882895 said:
I agree that Wonderlic does nothing to show football intelligence.

But, what it does show is that a guy is stupid. Given the emphasis on player conduct, I consider stupidity a risk factor for poor decisions and possible suspension.

There are other factors that supersede stupidity for sure. Is the guy an upstanding individual? How was he growing up? How does he handle himself now? All valid counters to the stupidity angle.

That said, I just cannot get over ridiculous low scores. With so many resources and so much money on the line, teams cannot afford to get slapped in the back of the head because one of their players did something incredibly stupid and is now sitting out. Not to mention the ability to pick up the game. I think this side of it is minimal but still worth noting. Having all the talent in the world is great but if you can't diagnose a play and put yourself in position, it doesn't do any good.

IMO, with the emphasis on player conduct, stupidity is now a factor worth considering. Even the smartest and most upstanding people make poor decisions. We're all susceptible but having less to work with to reason out one's actions creates an elevated level of susceptibility.

What i found interesting is reports about Peterson not being too good with his back turned to the qb.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
There was a thread a while back where I had typed up a post about how Patrick Peterson's talent might overshadow my feelings on poor Wonderlic scores. I had it all typed up and for some reason I didn't post it. Tried to find it but I guess I didn't submit it.

I'd have to take a really hard look into his background and get a really strong judge of the type of person he is. Low Wonderlic's aren't a death sentence but they just don't sit well with me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3882899 said:
What i found interesting is reports about Peterson not being too good with his back turned to the qb.
Yeah, the videos of him say different. Herm Edwards said he's the best guy he's seen with his back to the ball since Deion. There will always be differences of opinion.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Hostile;3882904 said:
Yeah, the videos of him say different. Herm Edwards said he's the best guy he's seen with his back to the ball since Deion. There will always be differences of opinion.

Yeah they same was said for Terence Newman, Antrell Rolle, Chris Houston and a whole lot of other people who had never played a nfl game before.

You're still under the assumption of me not liking him. Im talking about scouts who are paid to scout him. You know the guys who actually look at the guy and tell the coach whats his strengths and weaknesses. What Herm Edwards is a hof coach or something? He's Lombardi?

Point being nobody knows how he will turn out in the nfl. Until he plays.

alot of people talk about Amukamara didnt have an int, and peterson is worlds ahead. Amukamara gave up 18 catches the whole season. Peterson gave up 6 to Julio jones in one game. McElroy completed 7 of 9 passes thrown to Peterson.

Peterson is consistently out of position in coverage. He lacks instincts, and sometimes it seems like he just doesn't know plays. He is usually overaggressive in coverage and he struggles to commit to his zone in pass plays and play actions. He also commits a whole lot of pass interference penalties after he gets beat.
This is basically Peterson's negative in most scouting reviews on him. You can swoon over highlights on youtube all you want. Ill stick to what scouts say about him. Everybody knows he's a good CB nobody needs highlights to tell them that. But that doesnt mean you ignore the red flag on one of the lowest scores in a wonderlic test in the history of the test. And say it doesnt mean anything, Its not the end all of the guy but it does tell yo something bout his lack of grasping what he's taught. His thinking on the fly(which is what i think the time limit for the test is for). And that IMO goes back to what scouts think of him, weakness on translating what he's seeing and processing it and reacting.

BY the way Amukamara got a 35 :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LatinMind;3882914 said:
But that doesnt mean you ignore the red flag on one of the lowest scores in a wonderlic test in the history of the test. And say it doesnt mean anything, Its not the end all of the guy but it does tell yo something bout his lack of grasping what he's taught. His thinking on the fly(which is what i think the time limit for the test is for). And that IMO goes back to what scouts think of him, weakness on translating what he's seeing and processing it and reacting.

BY the way Amukamara got a 35 :)
I would ignore Peterson's Wonderlic scores even if he scored in the 40's. I care about Wonderlic scores about as much as I do boogers.