Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

Primetime42

Reaction score
Fact he was not being defended at the combine. Fact he had a total of 17 catches for his college career. Fact every over hyped bama back to come out of the draft has either failed as the bellcow, not lived up to combine/bama stats, is injury prone, and in every case is nothing more than a RBBC back; fact. I am not a fan of Bama backs based on the facts once they become a NFL RB. All of them excelled at bama and the combine and were considered "freaks" of nature. I want a bellcow not a RBBC. Will Henry be different, who knows, but the fact Ingram, Trich, Lacy, and Yeldon have all underachieved their own projected pre draft status I would prefer going in another direction. Give me Booker over him at least Booker has a true 3 down resume.

What school he comes from has little to do with who he is as a football player. He's not Eddie Lacy.

I would expect better from you.

I'm not crazy about him as a prospect, but come on.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
What school he comes from has little to do with who he is as a football player. He's not Eddie Lacy.

I would expect better from you.

I'm not crazy about him as a prospect, but come on.

The only thing the school has to do with it is the relation to other backs coming from that school who have failed to live up to the hype. I"ve heard it before Trich wasn't ingram, Lacy wasn't Trich, and Yeldon was the most likely to out do them all...yet they all are nothing more than a RBBC. So the school offers the historical aspect for me in this particular case. No different than the "U" being proclaimed as the QB "U" in the 80s.

Craig

Reaction score
The only thing the school has to do with it is the relation to other backs coming from that school who have failed to live up to the hype. I"ve heard it before Trich wasn't ingram, Lacy wasn't Trich, and Yeldon was the most likely to out do them all...yet they all are nothing more than a RBBC. So the school offers the historical aspect for me in this particular case. No different than the "U" being proclaimed as the QB "U" in the 80s.

Elliott looks pretty legit, but yes, its not surprising that the backs put up good college numbers when theyre running behind a pro calibre line against college defenses.

Edit: Obviously henry is who was being talked about, i just threw in elliot for some eason

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
your quotes would reflect you are..."However, after doing a lot of research and watching game film. I came to this conclusion: Henry's not a one dimensional back whatsoever. He's an accomplished blocker and can be counted on in the receiving game. The guy is a beast that can flat out run and run people over. Tape don't lie." That same tape has others saying he will still be a one dimensional back and that is where my opinion stands..it appears your's is on the other side. Either way probably best to debate this in the draft zone and not the Robinson thread.

That quote doesn't make me pro Henry. I've said multiple times I'm all in on EE. I just disagree with anyone that says they've watch Henry play and they call him one dimensional. The media analysts are the same ones that said SJax was one dimensional. How that turn out.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Elliott looks pretty legit, but yes, its not surprising that the backs put up good college numbers when theyre running behind a pro calibre line against college defenses.

I agree Zeke is elite but even he has to prove that at the next level. The difference with him is he is the consensus overall talent at RB in this year's draft. All the others have pros and cons surrounding their projected abilities.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Don't we have the best OL in football?

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

That's today's NFL too. There are maybe only 5 teams that have a bell cow running back situation. Most teams go the committee approach.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
That quote doesn't make me pro Henry. I've said multiple times I'm all in on EE. I just disagree with anyone that says they've watch Henry play and they call him one dimensional. The media analysts are the same ones that said SJax was one dimensional. How that turn out.

So the guys who get paid to evaluate players for a living are wrong if their opinion is different than yours. Ok got it. My stance leans the other way in this case.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
So the guys who get paid to evaluate players for a living are wrong if their opinion is different than yours. Ok got it. My stance leans the other way in this case.

Yep Mel Kiper is a boob. My dog could pick a draft board better than that guy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
That's today's NFL too. There are maybe only 5 teams that have a bell cow running back situation. Most teams go the committee approach.

Yes I know and it sucks it has gone that way. Give me bell cow Payton, Dickerson, Smith, Sanders, etc etc...any day of the week and twice on Sunday over a RBBC. Some dudes still like leather helmets i like the bell cows and a throw down in your face defense. All the other stuff is fluff imo.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen and since you brought up Mayock he agrees with my assessment. He's got him slated right behind EE. You posted only what he found as a weakness to fit your agenda. Here's his bottom line take on the guy.

BOTTOM LINE
Bell-cow running back with an ability to strap on feedbag and eat for four quarters. Henry's long legs and angular running style is a much better fit for downhill running teams who value lead backs and physicality. Henry needs early running room as he's not a creator in the backfield, but once he gets up a full head of steam, he is a nightmare with his ability to punish on the second and third level or take it to the house. Henry should come in and provide immediate production as a starter.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/derrick-henry?id=2555221

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We're not going to draft Bosa just because Gregory is suspended for 4 games. That's 90's Jerry type of thinking.

You sure are fond of unprovable declarations. Please give a comparable act from the 90s. Bosa isn't drafting for backups for all the hyperbole.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Coming with a first round entrance and consistently being played in his secondaries, is credability as to a general ability...at the least. I hope he is signed, and Carr gets realistic as well.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You sure are fond of unprovable declarations. Please give a comparable act from the 90s. Bosa isn't drafting for backups for all the hyperbole.

lol, Fuzzy, and Bosa brings with him an old fashioned meanness to his play as well.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol, Fuzzy, and Bosa brings with him an old fashioned meanness to his play as well.

The hype is stupid and I personally hate when the dog is wagged. The nonsense I'm reading sounds like counterintelligence to me more than reason.

A 270 lbs man runs a 4.21 shuttle and a 6.89 cone along with very good jumps and a bunch of ninnies are running around questioning his quickness and explosion off the line for example.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The hype is stupid and I personally hate when the dog is wagged. The nonsense I'm reading sounds like counterintelligence to me more than reason.

A 270 lbs man runs a 4.21 shuttle and a 6.89 cone along with very good jumps and a bunch of ninnies are running around questioning his quickness and explosion off the line for example.

Just having to agree,.,but liking the prospect of some old school Cowboy play.