Twitter: Patrik Walker Updates on Tyrone Crawford

Kaiser

Reaction score
Crawford seems to be well liked and a leader in the locker room. His contract doesn’t warrant his production. That’s a contract. Thought they were getting a bargain and banking on him being a pro bowler and all pro possibly. That didn’t happen clearly.

Yeah, I completely buy that Dallas wants him on the roster next year.

I don't buy for a second they are going to do it if the cap hit is 9 Million dollars.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are people upset with this? He has value as depth and flexibility to play multiple positions. He was just overpaid for that role. If the pay is reduced to be more reflective of the role, that’s a good thing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I completely buy that Dallas wants him on the roster next year.

I don't buy for a second they are going to do it if the cap hit is 9 Million dollars.
You guys are driving me crazy with all this "next year" stuff.

Isn't next year "this year?"

I keep looking at my date bar on my phone to be sure.

Feels like Ground Hog Day.

EJK24

Reaction score
I mean for most of us we knew this.

1) They like him. Its clear.
2) He hasn't lived up to his contract. Pay cut
3) They believe he plays multiple positions on that line.

They like him but I definitely thought a pay cut was coming or they would move on. To your second point about not living up to his contract and a pay cut? It says pay cut seems unlikely. That's the part that I have hard time with. They seem to be out on alot of other free agents because of their price but are going to pay a rotational guy 8mill or whatever he makes? I just thought it was a logical place to save money but if that's not their thinking than it is what it is and I hope he finds a way to contribute.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s a run stopping defensive tackle. If he had a pass rusher in his game he’d be a superstar. He plays a key role

Yeah, no. He’s too small for DT he’s
Been playing DE for the last
Couple years. He’s a utility depth guy at best.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I WOULD feel better if we started McCoy at RE instead of Crawford. He has played the 5 tech.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, no. He’s too small for DT he’s
Been playing DE for the last
Couple years. He’s a utility depth guy at best.
You have to have depth you have to have guys like him on your team with that type of low salary. Anybody who wants them off the team just doesn’t understand the game financially

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I WOULD feel better if we started McCoy at RE instead of Crawford. He has played the 5 tech.
I didn’t realize he was going to be the starter. I thought he was a solid back up roll. Rotational player. Anyways I’m glad we have him

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Yall still think this guy is credible? :muttley:

Cowboys were so interested in Harrison, that they didnt even call!
:muttley:

I mean he did call Randy Gregory applying for reinstatement before he did. I’d consider him just as credible as as most cowboys reporters

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why are people upset with this? .

Person, not people.

giphy.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean for most of us we knew this.

1) They like him. Its clear.
2) He hasn't lived up to his contract. Pay cut
3) They believe he plays multiple positions on that line.

Nailed it.......now we as fans can moan and ache all we want but at the end of the day, he's impressed TWO different coaching staff. I am a bit surprised they are not asking him to take a pay cut and not at all by the fact they wanna keep him. His leadership and versatility........

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Lmao a lot of y’all are not gonna like this :laugh:

I'm thinking the delay is more:
"We have his rights. We can cut him if we want. His alternative options decrease the longer we wait. He may not be healthy enough to play. He may play poorly. He may get injured. When we renegotiate, he'll want some part in bonus. Better to wait until after the preseason to make him a take it or leave it offer, *if* we don't cut him or trade him instead."

Crawford doesn't have a penny guaranteed now. There's very little to be gained by negotiating now, and much to be gained by waiting to see what happens.