Twitter: Patrik Walker Updates on Tyrone Crawford

lwehlers

Reaction score
Lmao a lot of y’all are not gonna like this :laugh:

I would like Crawford to stay this year I think he might have something left but that contract is just too much for an average player at his stage in his career. I think that a contending team signs him for cheap the day he is released.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And thinking a rookie DE solves it would be a mistake too.

You're probably right but obviously MM and coaches have a plan. Notice they didn't fight that to keep Quinn. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a good player. I'll be glad if he's back, especially with a pay cut.

conner01

Reaction score
I mean for most of us we knew this.

1) They like him. Its clear.
2) He hasn't lived up to his contract. Pay cut
3) They believe he plays multiple positions on that line.
I think this is the most unsurprising thing this off season
He’s a solid player
Fans get too wrapped up in his salary
But he’s a good player to have on your team

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't care what dude says, DAL scouted a large pool of DL for the upcoming draft for a reason. The FO doesn't need to address TyCraw unless the need the cap right now, and from the looks of things they're not looking to sign a high dollar player.

Post draft the situation could change, depending on how they do...they just covering their buttocks right now.

Sydla

Reaction score
You're probably right but obviously MM and coaches have a plan. Notice they didn't fight that to keep Quinn. Interesting to see how it plays out.

They could have fought all they wanted....... Jones boys were not paying that no matter how much they wanted him back.

In fact it was reported in multiple places that the Cowboys did in fact talk to Quinn about coming back.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Once again I present to you the theory that Patrik "No C" Walker is an idiot.

I mean, he’s not giving his opinion on what he thinks they should do, but what he’s hearing. But I’m not familiar enough with him to say either way

quickccc

Reaction score
and noticed how thsi has nothing to do with Marinelli still here ... and you know Crawford was a Marinelli fav.
but it also shows management still has that Witten-ism sympathic loyalty to keep hold on players.

it would be utter stupid to hold onto a utility guy and still give him 9 million, because they like his leadership character.
and you most definitely do not want Crawford startign at RE.- he just not gonna give you a rush threat on the edge,

and even taking a paycut - what's that gonna be like 5 million ? .... for a utility/rotational guy that roster spot could be saved
on a younger upcoming player vs a guy that's breaking down with shoulder and hip issues, etc. ?

chagus

Reaction score
"Lets all reeeeeeeeaaad... a tweet from Patrik Walkeeer."

Lets see who catches the tune.