Twitter: Patrik Walker Updates on Tyrone Crawford

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nailed it.......now we as fans can moan and ache all we want but at the end of the day, he's impressed TWO different coaching staff. I am a bit surprised they are not asking him to take a pay cut and not at all by the fact they wanna keep him. His leadership and versatility........

If you read that series of tweets it almost sounds like Crawford's agent called the guy to plant that story. If they made Sean Lee take a paycut, Tyrone Crawford is taking a pay cut.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recall we actually were doing well against the Rams in the playoff game until he got hurt. No I’m not saying he’s a superstar. But he is a Run stopper there’s only one side to his game and that’s the issue

You have him and Woods confused I believe.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They like him but I definitely thought a pay cut was coming or they would move on. To your second point about not living up to his contract and a pay cut? It says pay cut seems unlikely. That's the part that I have hard time with. They seem to be out on alot of other free agents because of their price but are going to pay a rotational guy 8mill or whatever he makes? I just thought it was a logical place to save money but if that's not their thinking than it is what it is and I hope he finds a way to contribute.
They do this sometimes with guys. Jason Wittenis another. Granted, Witten was a far more decorated player but they like guys and they tend to hang on to them too long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nailed it.......now we as fans can moan and ache all we want but at the end of the day, he's impressed TWO different coaching staff. I am a bit surprised they are not asking him to take a pay cut and not at all by the fact they wanna keep him. His leadership and versatility........
Yep. And I think he has a place here. Not for the salary but like I said earlier in the week.....they don't need salary cap space so why not just let his contract run at rather than restructure his deal?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The best outcome was probably just cutting him and using the money to bring in a legit DE like Griffen.

The acceptable outcome would be to restructure, let him play in the role that suits him and go from there possibly adding another DE in FA.

The worst scenario? Don't restructure, eat up over $9MM in cap space on a just a serviceable defensive lineman who is probably better at DT than DE, and then make him the starting RDE.

Now deep down, which do you think is the most likely outcome here?
Well let's be honest on Griffin though. If they wanted him they could get him. They made a way to get Quinn in here last year. They have the money for Griffen. Its not a either or issue its simply a do they like him issue. Mind you McCarthy saw him twice a year so he should know better than anyone.

Carson

Reaction score
Pretty obvious for the most part.

RDE - Gregory, Crawford
3 Tech - McCoy, Crawford, Hill
1 Tech - Poe, Woods
LDE - Lawrence, Armstrong

Jelks and Jackson should make it as well

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have him and Woods confused I believe.
I thought Crawford started at right defense of end until he got hurt. But you’re probably correct. I’m getting too old LOL I thought he got hurt in the first quarter. And I said they go to the running game

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If nobody can beat him out, then he earned it. But we'll see.

At DT, it looks like McCoy and Poe are the starters. McCoy played all 16 games last year, but he's also 32 years old. Poe missed a third of the season last year, and he's fat. Is Trysten Hill the only backup still on the roster?

At DE, you have Lawrence on one side, who is due for an injury. And besides eventual league MVP Dorance Armstrong, you really only have Gregory on the other side, who hasn't played football in a few years.

TL;DR Crawford will have to earn his playing time. But it's not out of the question considering our current DL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And he'll bring his 3 sacks per year with him....yay
Oh the ignorance. There’s more to playing good football on the defensive line than sacks. And by the way the year before last he had 5.5. I guess you don’t understand the importance of his versatility and leadership as well as how well he plays overall. Back to your Madden game after you binge on SAS.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
To me, the most likely scenario is that his 1 year $9 million becomes something like 2 years $11.5 million. Some may not like it but the team likes him and this would reduce his cap hit and keep him around an extra year. Everyone wins with this type of scenario.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Crawford is a team leader. He's the guy who held players accountable. Yes, he got paid too much for his production but he also ended up playing out of position. Hard to blame him for not playing as well at DT when he'd been told to slim down to play at DE.

ultron

Reaction score
I think he takes a ~50% pay cut and splits time with Randy Gregory (assuming he gets through the hoops Goodell will put him through). Should be a good RDE combo and the front 7 will be real nice this year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well let's be honest on Griffin though. If they wanted him they could get him. They made a way to get Quinn in here last year. They have the money for Griffen. Its not a either or issue its simply a do they like him issue. Mind you McCarthy saw him twice a year so he should know better than anyone.

AND his former Viking DC is on staff. To me, it speaks volumes we haven't shown interest. Now that's to say they don't like him but perhaps they have a better option ( draft or maybe there's another player they're targeting on another team). One thing for sure, we have an open starting position opposite of DLaw and I DO NOT see them trusting Crawford or Randy Gregory to fill it.

Swagger

Reaction score
Oh the ignorance. There’s more to playing good football on the defensive line than sacks. And by the way the year before last he had 5.5. I guess you don’t understand the importance of his versatility and leadership as well as how well he plays overall. Back to your Madden game after you binge on SAS.
"Binge on SAS" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Brutal but ultimately fair takedown!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty obvious for the most part.

RDE - Gregory, Crawford
3 Tech - McCoy, Crawford, Hill
1 Tech - Poe, Woods
LDE - Lawrence, Armstrong

Jelks and Jackson should make it as well

No way in hell you put all your eggs in this basket..........in other words, we're STILL looking for Quinn REPLACEMENT and NO, he's not currently on the roster IMO.