News: Patriots Fans acknowledge Refs help

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is my point by posting this still shot. You don't see the ball here or in any of the video shots. So if you're a ref and you don't see confirmation of the ball, what do you do? This is why I ask what their marching orders are and if they're told to definitely see the ball and then call the TD or do they get to assume like everyone else is?

They peeled away the people from the pile and make a determination based on where the ball is at. If they ball is over the LOS then they should have called TD. They should know they could reverse it later.

This has happened before where they started to pull out the people from the pile and the ball was already over the LOS. Yet even then they didn't call it TD. They just decided to just make the call even though the evidence was right there for them to see.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You guys are complaining about the refs? Seriously? Lmao...

Jerry is going to have to change the name to The Dallas Crybabies if you all keep this up.

I mean, seriously, you won... Some of you need to stop taking female hormones and grow a pair
Go back to your G girls forum.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Seen tons of pats fans saying they were robbed. I was really no really???:facepalm:

That's a joke

Cebrin

Reaction score
Not only that but a penalty took a TD off the board for them.

Most of our fans are just oblivious homers, lol.
Slight homer, slight smart enough to watch the game, and realize we should have won by 3 scores. Refs lost, and I absolutely love it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No....the problem is that the new refs coming in have not paid their dues long enough to be in the NFL....rushing to fill quotas has really hurt the quality of the ones coming in....no matter race or sex.

Yeah I know...... my post was joking.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We can complain all we want about the refs, but when you dominate on the field that thoroughly, it should show on the scoreboard. Dak threw a pick in the EZ by way under throwing Wilson. That's his fault. They had FOUR shots from one foot out, & didn't force the refs to call a TD. Do I think Dak was in? Yes. Was it beyond doubt? No. Should the NFL make it mandatory to review such a close call? Obviously. Just saying.
You make an ok point, but if it wasn’t beyond doubt how did his entire upper body end up in the end zone when the pile was peeled away?

I can’t be expected to believe he squirmed his way there under the pile.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It was harder to spot than people think. If you're an official with this view and see Dak's knee down here, how do you spot this?

Dak-knee.jpg

Exactly . And then to call QB sneak again . Oh boy give me some of this speed on the edge anything but piling Dak into this mess twice in a row once on thurs never in the playoffs por favor ….

blueblood70

Reaction score
Isn’t that what the refs are directed to do?
that what o heard but soem didn't get the memo..its not rule but heard many times over the years if you arent sure on reviewable play you call it a catch, td, or 1st down so it can then be reviewed and got correct.,. If you call it the other way its much harder to get corrected..i call it similar to tie to the runner the play if its cant be clearly called must go to the player/team that had the ball..

90% of the world would have called that first td by dak a td before the fumble..but they call him short its impossible to overtrun.if its more likely then not a td its td..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Isn’t that what the refs are directed to do?

I'm pretty sure that's NOT the procedure for reasons I stated and because of situations like this one where you can't see the ball. There'd be TDs called that weren't TDs and then you hope replay bails you out. When you cant see the ball, then non-TDs would stand and you'd have controversy of a different type. I'm pretty sure they're taught to see the ball cross. The question is are they allowed to "estimate" that the ball crossed if they don't see it. "I heard" doesn't equal a rule.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's NOT the procedure for reasons I stated and because of situations like this one where you can't see the ball. There'd be TDs called that weren't TDs and then you hope replay bails you out. When you cant see the ball, then non-TDs would stand and you'd have controversy of a different type. I'm pretty sure they're taught to see the ball cross. The question is are they allowed to "estimate" that the ball crossed if they don't see it. "I heard" doesn't equal a rule.

So if they didnt see it then wouldn't the call revert to the unpile? just like a fumble? again they saw him in the endzone why did they not call it a TD off that then review?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
You guys are complaining about the refs? Seriously? Lmao...

Jerry is going to have to change the name to The Dallas Crybabies if you all keep this up.

I mean, seriously, you won... Some of you need to stop taking female hormones and grow a pair

I'm sure you have never once in your life complained about a bad officiating call.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Yeah, it is. Pulled it off my own video.
If the knee did touch, his body would have had to have been practically upright for it to not be a touchdown. With the angle he landed, and the amount of bodies on him it seems to show that would be basically physically impossible.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So if they didnt see it then wouldn't the call revert to the unpile? just like a fumble? again they saw him in the endzone why did they not call it a TD off that then review?

Maybe the near side official saw the knee down like I showed in my still shot of the video. That was all he could possibly see. From that point, Dak kept driving forward with Shultz and Jarwin behind him pushing. If you see a knee down but can't locate the ball, do you give all the forward progress gained in the aftermath? By rule, you can't. So like I said before, he "probably" scored but I can also see why the refs were handicapped in calling it a score. Replay wasn't going to save them either way. The big question remains as to whether officials are given clearance to assume a player crossed with the ball if they can't 100% see that he did, and the player doesn't end up 2 yards deep in the endzone where you can say he definitely did.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If the knee did touch, his body would have had to have been practically upright for it to not be a touchdown. With the angle he landed, and the amount of bodies on him it seems to show that would be basically physically impossible.

Welp, that's the question I've been posing from the beginning: are officials given clearance to assume things when they can't see the ball cross and it's close? If Dak ended up 2 yards deep in the end zone (and no one saw the knee touch down), then sure that's an easy assumption. But right on the edge when a knee did touch but he kept moving forward to wind up just a little in the end zone? I get not calling it.

he-is-bonafide

Reaction score
Welp, that's the question I've been posing from the beginning: are officials given clearance to assume things when they can't see the ball cross and it's close? If Dak ended up 2 yards deep in the end zone (and no one saw the knee touch down), then sure that's an easy assumption. But right on the edge when a knee did touch but he kept moving forward to wind up just a little in the end zone? I get not calling it.
So, here's my question. If the ref saw a knee down I would have expected lots of arm waving and finger pointing at the ground, etc. You know like what they do when they have a knee down spot. Instead they proceed to inspect the pile and upon reaching the bottom find the ball carrier in the end zone from the hips forward including the ball. They decide not to call a touchdown. So if they needed to inspect the pile in order to make the call what would they have needed to find to call it a TD?

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they called the TD they wouldn’t have enough to reverse it. So you would think. They robbed us. They know they did. I know Williams had a bunch of legit holding calls but one was bs. A few bad calls. Swung the game by at least 7. That was a TD. Game never makes it to OT if they call the game fair.

glimmerman

Reaction score
As I said. If they call it a TD they wouldn’t be able to over turn it. It was a sketchy deal IMO.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we can all agree that the officiating in general for both teams was all around horrendous. Do I think the Cowboys got hurt a little more? Definitely. However the no call on the Brown face mask basically saved the game and they did have a touchdown called off the board. I will say though, the amount of ticky-tack holding calls against Dallas during the course of the game really helped to keep that game close when it had no business being close at all. At the end of the day, I truly believe we were the better team and got the W. I do think that the NFL has an officiating problem though. Consistency is next to none from game to game and the improper enforcement of rules like roughing the passer and PI can really wreck a game.