News: Patriots Fans acknowledge Refs help

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I am going to bet that most of these QB sneaks the ball is not visible to the refs. They assume the ball crosses the line based on the body position of the QB. Any part of the ball just has to cross the beginning of the white line. Unless Dak is carrying the ball between his legs this had to be a TD. At the very least the ball had to be spotted at the 1 inch line. The ball was spotted a little further back than Dak's knee. How did they figure that spot out?

On the next play, Dak would have scored had he just tucked the ball in and dove in just as he did with the ball reaching forward.

Yeah the spot was off, even if they said he was down before the goal line. I wish I knew what their marching orders were because if they are allowed to assume then yes, I agree you have to say he probably got in.

Beaker42

Reaction score
My son and I watched the game together. Throughout the game Mac Jones let The clock go down to zero before he snapped the ball and delay of game wasn’t called. He kept saying how is this possible.
Happened at least 3 times I saw with it only being called once because it SO LATE.

Reaction score
We can complain all we want about the refs, but when you dominate on the field that thoroughly, it should show on the scoreboard. Dak threw a pick in the EZ by way under throwing Wilson. That's his fault. They had FOUR shots from one foot out, & didn't force the refs to call a TD. Do I think Dak was in? Yes. Was it beyond doubt? No. Should the NFL make it mandatory to review such a close call? Obviously. Just saying.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Saw the 2nd one and discussed that in the thread last night and here. None of those look dirty to me. The OL clearly has his hands out in front of him in both cases. He does put his head down to get more force into it but I don't see the helmet doing the striking.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It was harder to spot than people think. If you're an official with this view and see Dak's knee down here, how do you spot this?

Dak-knee.jpg

There is no way to spot that. Do I think he scored - pretty dagone sure, but no angle tells you for sure.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We can complain all we want about the refs, but when you dominate on the field that thoroughly, it should show on the scoreboard. Dak threw a pick in the EZ by way under throwing Wilson. That's his fault. They had FOUR shots from one foot out, & didn't force the refs to call a TD. Do I think Dak was in? Yes. Was it beyond doubt? No. Should the NFL make it mandatory to review such a close call? Obviously. Just saying.

The point is that in 9 out of 10 situations they do call that a TD...why did these refs not? when the pile came up he was in so whats the reasoning for not calling it if they could not see anyhting before? No doubt there were some bad calls on both sides....just strange that so many "judgement calls" went thier way when usually those even out.

Last edited:

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I think refs are pressured by the reactions of players on the field. I feel like DL just stand up and point at an OL and it's almost automatic the refs will call false start.

I say that to say this: on Dak's sneak at the goal line, none of the Cowboys players signaled TD, not even Zeke who was just standing there behind Dak with a better view of anybody. That may sound silly, but it seems to me those actions influence refs. Teach the team: everybody signal TD in a situation like that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think refs are pressured by the reactions of players on the field. I feel like DL just stand up and point at an OL and it's almost automatic the refs will call false start.

I say that to say this: on Dak's sneak at the goal line, none of the Cowboys players signaled TD, not even Zeke who was just standing there behind Dak with a better view of anybody. That may sound silly, but it seems to me those actions influence refs. Teach the team: everybody signal TD in a situation like that.

They should absolutley do that .....some did most even looked at the refs with a "***" look...to be honest the defense players were yelling at the refs all game...Gregory got so mad he was held he blew his dude up on the next play for a sack...

Mannix

Reaction score
I think the ref problem is related to the supply chain. The best ones are stuck in containers waiting to be unloaded. :laugh:
No....the problem is that the new refs coming in have not paid their dues long enough to be in the NFL....rushing to fill quotas has really hurt the quality of the ones coming in....no matter race or sex.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's the issue with this case. It's not 100% clear he made it or didn't. You can assume, but with no vision of the ball with the knee down, it makes it hard to "just call it a TD" and hope replay bails you out. Replay couldn't here because no shot had the ball in it.

Just like a fumble recovery you do not know who has it till you peel everyone off and the last guy with the ball claims victory. They couldn't see where the ball was when his knee touched either yet they called it by the knee, imho that's wrong. I think here they should err on the side of the TD since when uncovered his entire upper half had crossed and if it was Mack Jones just like that for the win I wouldn't be upset.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You guys are complaining about the refs? Seriously? Lmao...

Jerry is going to have to change the name to The Dallas Crybabies if you all keep this up.

I mean, seriously, you won... Some of you need to stop taking female hormones and grow a pair

Says the patriots fan who benefits from the refs week in and week out. I’d sit this one out Chachi.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
How are you fans not down on your knees worshipping the refs that help you win the game. In OT your DB grabs a facemask of Nelson A. right in front of the ref, the easiest call in football to make, and doesn't make the call. It was in the open field, no obstruction, and the ref was right there. I have never seen that not called, ever. Not to mention the ticky tack call to take back a pats TD. And don't give the Dak fumble, just the week before, the Pats also got a fumble a the goal line against the Texans, on review, with no clear angle, Its clear the league is siding with a fumble over TD for those at the goal line plays. All you needed to see was last weeks game to understand that. Cowboys can cry all they want, but the refs were a friend yesterday.

As a pats fan you typed this with a straight face knowing at one point in the game your team had zero calls against them to Dallas’s 9?

o_O

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
How are you fans not down on your knees worshipping the refs that help you win the game. In OT your DB grabs a facemask of Nelson A. right in front of the ref, the easiest call in football to make, and doesn't make the call. It was in the open field, no obstruction, and the ref was right there. I have never seen that not called, ever. Not to mention the ticky tack call to take back a pats TD. And don't give the Dak fumble, just the week before, the Pats also got a fumble a the goal line against the Texans, on review, with no clear angle, Its clear the league is siding with a fumble over TD for those at the goal line plays. All you needed to see was last weeks game to understand that. Cowboys can cry all they want, but the refs were a friend yesterday.

LOL there were more missed calls that went in favor of the Pats. I frankly would be ashamed that your teamed cheated in many times in order to get you winning your dynasties.