Patriots release defensive end Kony Ealy

csirl

Reaction score
Patriots arent afraid to make a quick decision on an underperforming player even when they've invested heavily. This one of the reasons they are successful.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Talk about a red flag. Belichik releases you - there is something wrong with you.

They wanted to get something for him, no takers. Also, Bill has released/traded talented players in the past - he got rid of Chandler Jones last year who had 11 sacks for the Cards.

I'll take a guy who seems to be a lock to get you 5 sacks a season. Seems to be a good rotational player, at the very least. Anyone pretending he can't knock one of the scrubs we prop up off the roster is kidding themselves.

I mean some here are pretending Tapper, Mayowa, and Moore are JJ Watts of the league.

Nirvana

Reaction score
They wanted to get something for him, no takers. Also, Bill has released/traded talented players in the past - he got rid of Chandler Jones last year who had 11 sacks for the Cards.

I'll take a guy who seems to be a lock to get you 5 sacks a season. Seems to be a good rotational player, at the very least. Anyone pretending he can't knock one of the scrubs we prop up off the roster is kidding themselves.

I mean some here are pretending Tapper, Mayowa, and Moore are JJ Watts of the league.

Tapper is probably the roster spot he takes - are we sure that is an upgrade? I don't have confidence that it would be. That said, having a look is ok with me if he drops to our spot.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Patriots arent afraid to make a quick decision on an underperforming player even when they've invested heavily. This one of the reasons they are successful.
Exactly. Thats Jerry's biggest fault, he has a long history of being too loyal.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I'd cut Tapper for him and I thought Tapper was gonna be a steal, but that back may still be an issue.