Patriots release defensive end Kony Ealy

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
25 years old, 5 sacks a year with the Panthers, bad fit in New England. Why did Carolina get rid of him?

coach steele

Reaction score
Why not? He is at least worth bringing in to take a look in my opinion. I don't view him as some sort of savior, but he seems to fit the Dallas scheme more so than the Patriots scheme.

Exactly. It's not like we are stacked at DE. Why not take a look at him. If he sucks, we release him. He is young and has had stretches that were dominant. Look at his play when Panthers were in the Playoffs. He was terrific in the Super Bowl against Denver.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'd get him in here ASAP - he'd be seeing playing time quite quickly with the guys we are putting on the field in the first few games of the season.

bodi

Reaction score
you guys are overrating some DEs on our team,we should definitely bring Ealy in

IMO we got nothing

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We liked him. Stephen said he would have been the pick in the 2nd round, had the team not trade up to get Demarcus Lawrence.

I also doubt he clears waivers. A talent-deficient team like Cleveland might take a shot on him.

MrMom

Reaction score
I doubt he makes it through the waiver wire (unless injured). I bet someone snatches him up before us. It's difficult to find young pass rushers.

This is right. He's subject to waivers. He's not gonna fall to us. If we wanted him we would've had to have traded for him. If he clears waivers then yes bring him in, he has the size to play DT as well. I'd easily take Ealy over any of the other potential fourth defensive tackle candidates we have here. He could be another Crawford/Irving type for us.