Patriots / Texan Thread

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Not so fast my friend.....they've played poorly the first half but I wouldn't kick dirt on their grave just yet. Meh...I hate them SO much. Hope they lose tonight.

Check who they have played this year. They have played easiest sched in the the league and even if they get to the Super Bowl Atanta or Dallas could beat them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Houston came to play, if they dont have turnovers, and keep playing good defense they could win.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Didn't pay attention to Houston this year. Didn't know they were this good, I think Romo goes there next year.

manster4ever

Reaction score
It is generally understood here that Bob McNair was the driving force behind the decision to sign Osweiler. O'Brien never even had a face to face meeting with Brock prior to his becoming a Texan.

JEBUS....I didn't know that. No wonder OB is so pissed about it. I've read reports that he and the front office are so at odds over it that he might leave at the end of the season. I understand where everyone is coming from talking about Romo being the cure but when they spent THAT much on Osweiler, I just don't see it happening.

Aven8

Reaction score
Hard to see that happening via trade. That would be a lot of cap space on two QBs for 2017.

Meh, all teams can make anything work. If he wants a chance at a SB Houston is his best bet IMO. Denver isn't happening.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Houston's OL isn't good enough. No club will trade for Tony. If a club is interested, they will only wait until he is released.

You might be right. Why waste a high draft pick when he'll get released eventually? Plus, he's do that Humpty Dumpty factor too. He got hurt MULTIPLE times the last few years behind a top 3 Oline. So...there's always that.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The announcers are praising the Texans no end and awarding the "winning play" of the half to the Texans. They do know they're losing, right?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Have to give Houston credit looked like it was over early 1st quarter.

Reaction score
Houston may trade a 1st, but they would never give up Clowney. They would not give up a potential star that young for a QB that old.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Houston's OL isn't good enough. No club will trade for Tony. If a club is interested, they will only wait until he is released.

The problem is practically all the teams with good o-lines already have starting QBs. The Bills are like 10th but does Romo want to live in Buffalo?

joseephuss

Reaction score
We need Clowney in Dallas.

People calling him a bust were wrong.

Well he was as far as being injured. But not as far as talent. He's been doing this all season.

People in Dallas wouldn't be happy with Clowney if he only had 6 sacks in a season for the Cowboys.