Patriots trade for Muhammad Sanu

John813

Reaction score
Pats are in instant win now mode. It's worth it with a 42-43 yo QB and an older coach.

I wouldn't be happy if Dallas did that.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pats are in instant win now mode. It's worth it with a 42-43 yo QB and an older coach.

I wouldn't be happy if Dallas did that.

Though if the reason for the Pats' success is Belicheat, then they'd just sign or draft a rookie quarterback in the first or second round next year, then they'd be back in the SB again in a couple of years...

John813

Reaction score
Though if the reason for the Pats' success is Belicheat, then they'd just sign or draft a rookie quarterback in the first or second round next year, then they'd be back in the SB again in a couple of years...

Maybe. But Tom just has so much experience reading defenses. That you can't teach to a green QB.
Then you know you have to have a competent QB. So many disappointing QB's come out of these draft classes nowadays.

If they stuck with Jimmy G maybe they could still make some noise.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Maybe. But Tom just has so much experience reading defenses. That you can't teach to a green QB.
Then you know you have to have a competent QB. So many disappointing QB's come out of these draft classes nowadays.

If they stuck with Jimmy G maybe they could still make some noise.

Brady won a SB in his second year in the league, as a 6th round draft pick. Didn't seem to matter he was "green"...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-acquire-wr-mohamed-sanu-falcons?platform=amp

I mean seriously, what more do these guys need? They have every freakin thing.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Good pickup tbh. Sanu is a good player. Also a decent trade by the Dirty Birds though, who are basically in a rebuild at this point.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27900750/sources-patriots-acquire-wr-mohamed-sanu-falcons?platform=amp

I mean seriously, what more do these guys need? They have every freakin thing.
A 2nd round pick for guy that has never broke 1000 yards in his 8 year career is pretty high.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Cowboys trade a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR and we would get hammered. Patriots do it and it's the greatest move this decade. You guys and the media make me sick. Not all of you. You know who you are.....

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Solid addition by NE. They want to win now before Brady and Belichik retire. Draft capital is meant to be used to improve your team so you can contend for a title— this move accomplishes that.

IMO— Dallas should be scouring trade blocks to find a run stuffing DT and a S. Good teams are always willing to part with value to get value. Our D needs to get stronger up the middle and we are really thin in terms of quality depth.

It’s clear if Woods gets hurt we are compromised. Get a deal done for a quality vet DT that can soak up some snaps.

John813

Reaction score
Brady won a SB in his second year in the league, as a 6th round draft pick. Didn't seem to matter he was "green"...

Ok, and he turned out to be one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

Besides, that team was very good defensively. They held the greatest show on earth to 17 points and forced 3 turnovers.
Brady on the other hand didn't shoot himself in the foot but was more a bus driver that game.

Are you saying the QB really doesn't matter as long as the coach is excellent? Or is this some post where you are giving more credit to Brady over Bill?

Some Quarterbacks develop faster than other. Mahomes needed no time to develop, as we all see. Others start off rough, maybe due to a poor team around them but continue to grow and improve. Why would the Pats dump/want Brady to leave and draft another one? Not like Brady is costing them 40 mil in cap space.

BillB designs excellent gameplans on both sides and Brady executes to perfection.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Remember, the Patriots put more value in grooming their players. It doesn't matter what round, by trade, or free agency.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing how many WRs the Patriots have gotten via trade or FA.
I guess it is one of those positions that they just don't hit on in the draft as much as they would like.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Cowboys trade a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR and we would get hammered. Patriots do it and it's the greatest move this decade. You guys and the media make me sick. Not all of you. You know who you are.....
Slight difference between the Cowboys and the Patriots;)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I would be a little surprised if we score in that game.
depends on which team shows up. this is my issue with the cowboys, they look unbeatable on week, and a doormat the next.

that's why 3-0 didn't get me too excited.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ok, and he turned out to be one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

Besides, that team was very good defensively. They held the greatest show on earth to 17 points and forced 3 turnovers.
Brady on the other hand didn't shoot himself in the foot but was more a bus driver that game.

Are you saying the QB really doesn't matter as long as the coach is excellent? Or is this some post where you are giving more credit to Brady over Bill?

Some Quarterbacks develop faster than other. Mahomes needed no time to develop, as we all see. Others start off rough, maybe due to a poor team around them but continue to grow and improve. Why would the Pats dump/want Brady to leave and draft another one? Not like Brady is costing them 40 mil in cap space.

BillB designs excellent gameplans on both sides and Brady executes to perfection.

Just saying that history tells us Brady was the winning quarterback in his second year, with Belicheat as his coach. I didn't say they would or should dump Brady. And the Pats defense is pretty darn good this year, per your post Brady was more a bus driver than a top quarterback, therefore why couldn't Belicheat take another bus driver quarterback and win a SB?

There is no way to tell if it was mostly Brady, or mostly Belicheat, that was responsible for the Pats' 6 SB titles and long run as a top team, we can't go back and give Belicheat another quarterback and replay the seasons, or put Brady on the Cowboys or some other team and replay the seasons. At best we could see if Brady retires and Belicheat stays as the coach, then if the Pats win it would perhaps indicate it was coaching more than the quarterback, or if the Pats don't win it was Brady mostly responsible.

But we'll probably never know, I seriously doubt anybody will ever break the Brady's record of 6 SBs. To me it has taken a perfect storm of good coaching, good quarterbacking, good health for Brady, weak division play year after year and lots of once in a blue moon luck to get the 6 rings, every time a record is re-set higher it becomes more difficult to set a new record.

Who knows, someone might get 7 or 8 rings, history (again) will tell...