Patriots trade for Muhammad Sanu

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27900750/sources-patriots-acquire-wr-mohamed-sanu-falcons?platform=amp

I mean seriously, what more do these guys need? They have every freakin thing.
They are always in win now mode.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s crazy high for Sanu. Pats going all-in on a 2 year window here

How do you figure? The Patriots will probably have one of the last 3 picks in round 2. Sanu is worth that much if they get to another super bowl. Their WR core is a mash unit right now with the tough part of their schedule coming up. They get a veteran wr with a lot left in the tank on a cheap contract. Good deal for both teams.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Cowboys trade a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR and we would get hammered. Patriots do it and it's the greatest move this decade. You guys and the media make me sick. Not all of you. You know who you are.....
This is 100% true.

This board had a conniption when when the Cooper trade was made.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am sure Sanu is happy.
I am glad the Falcons waited until after the Philly game to trade him. I think Sanu had a few key catches to get the Falcons their only win.
I am sure there will be even more empty seats in Atlanta.
I am sure 'Matty Ice' is cool with the trade.
Falcons have something like 5 players eating up 50% of the cap next year. Crazy.
Falcons may be the frontrunner for the top pick in the draft.

TheHerd

Reaction score
depends on which team shows up. this is my issue with the cowboys, they look unbeatable on week, and a doormat the next.

that's why 3-0 didn't get me too excited.
I'm seeing exactly the team I expected. Good, not great. Not enough talent to stop a hot team. Too many coaching deficiencies to handle the top tier teams. Entertaining, but in the end just one of the top 12-15 type teams.

jay94

Reaction score
Pats are in instant win now mode. It's worth it with a 42-43 yo QB and an older coach.

I wouldn't be happy if Dallas did that.

I guess your only happy when the situation is absolutely dire and we make a trade. Good FO's make moves while we sit in mediocrity. Not a shocker the Eagles got a super bowl win being the second most active team in trades and bigger shocker the Pats are the first. I admire moves other teams to do to make them better, while we keep guys that couldn't make other teams rosters.

John813

Reaction score
I guess your only happy when the situation is absolutely dire and we make a trade. Good FO's make moves while we sit in mediocrity. Not a shocker the Eagles got a super bowl win being the second most active team in trades and bigger shocker the Pats are the first. I admire moves other teams to do to make them better, while we keep guys that couldn't make other teams rosters.

Way to assume, but wrong.

Pape

Reaction score
Thats terrible value.

In no universe is Sanu worth a 2nd

depends on the circumstances...

If the Patriots and 4 other teams offer a 3rd, who's offer would you take? The team with the highest pick sound about right?

So basically the Patriots offer a 2 because they know that their 3rd is more like a 4th in comparison to other teams ... they wanted the player, so to them, its worth a second round pick... besides i think we still have a dozen or so picks in next years draft, if the compensatory pick estimates are accurate ....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Their front office remains the best in the business. Just flipped the last pick in round 2 for a damn good receiver
Most would say they overpaid for an aging WR

But
1). Hes on a reasonable deal thru 2020
2) they most likely have two 3rd round comps in this draft
3) as you mentioned, theres a regular 2nd rounder and there’s the 31st or 32nd picking the 2nd...not at all the same value

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Thats terrible value.

In no universe is Sanu worth a 2nd

The Patriots are in their own universe - a 42 year old QB and a 67 year old coach chasing a 7th SB title together.

Josh Gordon just went on IR and they aren't the least bit concerned with what that 2nd round pick may be a few years from now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cowboys trade a 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR and we would get hammered. Patriots do it and it's the greatest move this decade. You guys and the media make me sick. Not all of you. You know who you are.....
I would've thought it was a good trade for us too.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The defense won that first Super Bowl. But I get your point. He's special though. 78 years old and playing damn top level

Yes, but how/why?

Everybody has their own level of desire to do whatever. Have seen Brady in only one commercial, for a mattress, maybe he's done more but sure haven't seen him otherwise.

Apparently he's on a very strict diet and exercise regimen, which from what I've read doesn't seem like much fun at all. Could others have done the same? Maybe, but just like I don't make great efforts to have six pack abs, which requires a very low body fat percentage, though I'm naturally slim I could do it. But I like to eat things that aren't conducive to six pack abs (though not to excess), just the way I roll.

Brady has devoted his heart, mind and soul to winning in the NFL, appears not to have much life outside of that. Not something I think many NFL quarterbacks would do...

Ghost12

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Patriots overpaid places way too much value on draft picks. I read an analysis that says the average second rounder becomes a quality starter 49% of the time at that position. (Obviously one may debate the definition of “quality starter” but I doubt you’d find any definition where those numbers improve significantly.)

Couple that in with the fact that the upcoming Patriots’ second rounder will certainly be in the 60’s and not the 30’s, and I think it’s decent value for both sides.