Twitter: Pats make calls about trade up for Fields?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I have no clue why Fields is falling. It just mystifies me.

Huge arm, great accuracy, ideal build, 4.4 foot speed, solid mental processing, 2 successful years at a huge program... what does this guy not have? He'd be the #1 pick in any draft that didn't have Lawrence. Do you think that Kyler Murray would get drafted ahead of him? Mayfield? Burrow vs Fields would be a fun debate.

But here we are, locking Mac Jones, Trey Lance and Zach Wilson into the top 5 and predicting Fields to fall. How in the hell? Lance is like Fields if Fields had one year starting at North Dakota State, and you're going to lock him in over the real deal?

Belichick selling the farm at #4 or later for Fields would actually be shrewd business. It's cheaper than trading to #1, and the only way his free agent spending spree works is if he locks in a cheap quarterback.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NE is absolutely going to move up. BB just got embarrassed last year with Brady winning a super bowl in Tampa and him not even making the playoffs. He needs a QB in a bad way. The only way they don't move up is if they can pry Garapolo out of SF.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no clue why Fields is falling. It just mystifies me.

Huge arm, great accuracy, ideal build, 4.4 foot speed, solid mental processing, 2 successful years at a huge program... what does this guy not have? He'd be the #1 pick in any draft that didn't have Lawrence. Do you think that Kyler Murray would get drafted ahead of him? Mayfield? Burrow vs Fields would be a fun debate.

But here we are, locking Mac Jones, Trey Lance and Zach Wilson into the top 5 and predicting Fields to fall. How in the hell? Lance is like Fields if Fields had one year starting at North Dakota State, and you're going to lock him in over the real deal?

Belichick selling the farm at #4 or later for Fields would actually be shrewd business. It's cheaper than trading to #1, and the only way his free agent spending spree works is if he locks in a cheap quarterback.

Fields has Lamar Jackson disease. He can't throw WR open. He needs to see his target coming open. Remember the way Aikman used to throw the ball to spots before Irvin even made his break on the ball? Those kinds of anticipatory throws are what separate the good from great QBs.