Pats Sullivan arrested

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
well that didn't take long. Nice trade oh all knowing Pats front office.

THE SPORTS SCENE
Thursday, June 29, 2006

SULLIVAN ARRESTED: Former Saints defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan was arrested Sunday morning and charged with possession of marijuana, a seat belt violation, running two stop signs and playing loud music in Griffin, Ga., according to police reports.

The arresting officer, M.G. Bowman first observed Sullivan, a first-round draft pick by the Saints in 2003 who was recently traded to the New England Patriots, driving with loud music coming from the car at 3:56 a.m., the police report said. While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first. Bowman stopped Sullivan and noticed Sullivan and passenger Tamarco Clemons not wearing seat belts and a bag containing what appeared to be marijuna in the car.

The police report said Bowman first asked Sullivan if there were any weapons in the car, and after Sullivan said yes, Bowman retrieved a handgun. Bowman then asked Sullivan and Clemons if there was anything illegal in the car, and Sullivan and Clemons said no. Sullivan granted Bowman permission to search the car, where Bowman retrieved the bag that was found to contain less than an ounce of marijuana, which Sullivan and Clemons claimed was not their property. Sullivan and Clemons were arrested and brought to the Griffin Police Department, where they were released on signature bonds.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
As long as they did not run over anyone's favorite coon dog.
What's the problem here.:rolleyes:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Those pesky bags of weed. Its amazing how many people put their weed in other people's car. :laugh2:

JonCJG

Reaction score
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Riding dirty and they weren't smart enough to at least try and be inconspicuous.

And out so late? I don't know how these guys can just piss away their career's so easily.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
junk said:
Those pesky bags of weed. Its amazing how many people put their weed in other people's car. :laugh2:

That is something...LOL...they must have wings and just fly in and hide...LOL..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
junk said:

What is amazing is these players who are willing to throw away a career. If your lucky you may last a few years in the NFL and then it is over, they can spend the rest of their lives getting stoned if that is what they want to do but for those few years that they can play why take such risk?

royhitshard

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
What is amazing is these players who are willing to throw away a career. If your lucky you may last a few years in the NFL and then it is over, they can spend the rest of their lives getting stoned if that is what they want to do but for those few years that they can play why take such risk?
Great post, and a even better question.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Because:
A- they think they will not get caught
B- if they do get caught they can get away with it with money or smart lawyers

All their lives since JR HIGH they have been treated as special and allowed to get away with just about anything. Never suprises me that they act the way they do- after all, most of their lives they have been taught that they can do virtually anything and get away with it.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
Other than blasting their music at 4:00 am, I agree. On the other hand, they never would have been pulled over if they were not blasting their music.

hendog

Reaction score
Longboysfan said:

You must not got nary coon dog of you own.:D

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
Lol. It was less than an ounce. They would not be doing much time anyway. Even with a bad lawyer.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Xy_Oldone said:
Lol. It was less than an ounce. They would not be doing much time anyway. Even with a bad lawyer.

distruptuing the peace

Carrying concelaed weapons

Possion of illeagl drug

Seatbelt violation

Running two stop signs

And thats without prving that they werent high at the time

Your smoiking if uu think they do just a little time with a bad lawer

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Because:
A- they think they will not get caught
B- if they do get caught they can get away with it with money or smart lawyers

All their lives since JR HIGH they have been treated as special and allowed to get away with just about anything. Never suprises me that they act the way they do- after all, most of their lives they have been taught that they can do virtually anything and get away with it.

I agree that appears to be the mindset and your correct about the special treatment many get when you’re the star athlete. However they still place themselves at a high risk foolishly which is why I don't feel sorry for any of these guys when they get themselves busted.

TheHustler

Reaction score
dmq said:
Sullivan granted Bowman permission to search the car

Idiot. Now the evidence is admissible. All Sullivan has to say is no and even if the cop finds some weed, it's inadmissible as evidence.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Of course they are stupid. Goes without saying. BUT they still think they could get away with it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Of course they are stupid. Goes without saying. BUT they still think they could get away with it.

I agree they think that way, which is why Ricky Williams is playing in the CFL instead of the NFL and why others are no longer in the league.

TheHustler

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
distruptuing the peace
Small offense.
dargonking999 said:
Carrying concelaed weapons
May not even be an offense, don't know GA law.
dargonking999 said:
Possion of illeagl drug
Small offense.
dargonking999 said:
Seatbelt violation
Small offense.
dargonking999 said:
Running two stop signs
Small offense.
dargonking999 said:
And thats without prving that they werent high at the time
He doesn't have to prove he wasn't high, the officer has to prove he WAS, and by the sound of the article, that wasn't even in contention.

dargonking999 said:
Your smoiking if uu think they do just a little time with a bad lawer

I bet they do no time at all, probly a fine and probation.

AtlCB

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Small offense.

May not even be an offense, don't know GA law.

Small offense.

Small offense.

Small offense.

He doesn't have to prove he wasn't high, the officer has to prove he WAS, and by the sound of the article, that wasn't even in contention.

I bet they do no time at all, probly a fine and probation.
If he has a permit, it is not even a crime. If he doesn't have a permit, it is a misdemeanor. He probably will not even get probation with these offenses. He will probably receive multiple fines and loss of driving priviledges for a while.