Pats Sullivan arrested

neosapien23

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Idiot. Now the evidence is admissible. All Sullivan has to say is no and even if the cop finds some weed, it's inadmissible as evidence.

Not true. If the police had probable cause to search the vehicle they could. If the players eyes were bloodshot or if they displayed nervous behavior, probable cause is in effect. The same does not apply with homes. A search warrant must be obtained for that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If all he was busted for was a small amount of weed that is one thing. If he was busted for just gun possession not a big deal. You get busted with drugs and a gun that can be a very big deal. Living in Texas where we have very liberal gun laws even we are looking at big trouble when you get busted with drugs or alcohol and in possession of a fire arm.

TheHustler

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Not true. If the police had probable cause to search the vehicle they could. If the players eyes were bloodshot or if they displayed nervous behavior, probable cause is in effect. The same does not apply with homes. A search warrant must be obtained for that.

Nothing in the article indicates probable cause to search the vehicle, it sounds like they weren't high when they were pulled over, there is no mention of a DUI anywhere. The cops would also have to PROVE probable cause, which is tough.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I don't think he is in big trouble with the law, but he is probably in big trouble with his day job.

neosapien23

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Nothing in the article indicates probable cause to search the vehicle, it sounds like they weren't high when they were pulled over, there is no mention of a DUI anywhere. The cops would also have to PROVE probable cause, which is tough.

It said that the officer noticed what appeared to be a bag of marijuana. If he saw that right away because they were dumb enough to hide it than that is probable cause. The article does state whether or not he noticed the bag before asking to search the vehicle.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Time for him to have a mystery friend step up and say that it is his weed and he left it there after borrowing his car. That one seems to work well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheHustler said:

The arresting officer, M.G. Bowman first observed Sullivan, a first-round draft pick by the Saints in 2003 who was recently traded to the New England Patriots, driving with loud music coming from the car at 3:56 a.m., the police report said. While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first. Bowman stopped Sullivan and noticed Sullivan and passenger Tamarco Clemons not wearing seat belts and a bag containing what appeared to be marijuna in the car.

Sorry but it is not hard to prove probable cause

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
As per Georgia statutes concerning gun laws...........

(8) A weapon which is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle which is being used by an adult over 21 years of age.

If he had it under his seat, tucked next to it, etc. he could have more issues to deal with. However, this law usually varies from county to county. Also we have to know if the gun was loaded. If it was a revolver and had bullets in it.....it's offically loaded. If it was a semi-auto and the weapon was not charged it may not be deemed loaded.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thats7 said:
As per Georgia statutes concerning gun laws...........

(8) A weapon which is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle which is being used by an adult over 21 years of age.

If he had it under his seat, tucked next to it, etc. he could have more issues to deal with. However, this law usually varies from county to county. Also we have to know if the gun was loaded. If it was a revolver and had bullets in it.....it's offically loaded. If it was a semi-auto and the weapon was not charged it may not be deemed loaded.

Which is similar to Texas law, however once you add drugs or alcohol to the equation the penalty is much stiffer. Each offense by themselves will be a fine for 1st time offense but you have both fire arm and drugs/alcohol it becomes a different story.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Which is similar to Texas law, however once you add drugs or alcohol to the equation the penalty is much stiffer. Each offense by themselves will be a fine for 1st time offense but you have both fire arm and drugs/alcohol it becomes a different story.

Very true young man. It deems it to be a federal issue at that point thus making it strike 1.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
thats7 said:
Very true young man. It deems it to be a federal issue at that point thus making it strike 1.

Young man? thank you!!!! :laugh1: Thing is Feds don't mess around, I think at the least he is looking at a probated sentence

fortdick

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:

1. That only raises to reasonable cause. Not enough for a search.
2. Just cause, can't do a thing because they look nervous.

Loud music? C'mon! If Bob Segar is on, you gotta play it loud! What about Lynard Skynard? It is a crime not to play that loud in Georgia, isn't it?

Prolly playing the backdoor boys, er, backstreet, sorry. That will get you arrested everywhere but Hollywood and Wyoming.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
The arresting officer, M.G. Bowman first observed Sullivan, a first-round draft pick by the Saints in 2003 who was recently traded to the New England Patriots, driving with loud music coming from the car at 3:56 a.m., the police report said. While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first. Bowman stopped Sullivan and noticed Sullivan and passenger Tamarco Clemons not wearing seat belts and a bag containing what appeared to be marijuna in the car.

Sorry but it is not hard to prove probable cause

They give seminars in the academy on probable cause excuses. Just after the ones on holdout pistols and gang member apparel.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
arglebargle said:
They give seminars in the academy on probable cause excuses. Just after the ones on holdout pistols and gang member apparel.

Well when a guy runs 2 stop signs and not wearing a seat belt that is cause to pull them over, seeing a bag of weed in the car gives him the right to search the car. :laugh2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
distruptuing the peace

Carrying concelaed weapons

Possion of illeagl drug

Seatbelt violation

Running two stop signs

And thats without prving that they werent high at the time

Your smoiking if uu think they do just a little time with a bad lawer

See... the thing is, none of that is illegal in New Orleans... so you can't blame him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was told a long time ago. There are things you think should be a certain way and then there is the way it is. I know we have some members here who feel weed should be legal and can make very vaild points of why it should be. Which is the way they feel it should be. However that is not how it is and for a person to be cruising around at 3:56 in the morning blaring music with weed and a gun in the car you deserve to get popped. Sorry I see this guy as a real moron and the fact is there is nothing but trouble on the streets at 3:56 in the am.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Well when a guy runs 2 stop signs and not wearing a seat belt that is cause to pull them over, seeing a bag of weed in the car gives him the right to search the car. :laugh2:

Oh, I agree, Seymour is a dumb bunny. But 'I saw a bag of weed' is the seventh excuse in the list, and is inferior to 'I smelled pot in the car'. Except for convertables....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
arglebargle said:
Oh, I agree, Seymour is a dumb bunny. But 'I saw a bag of weed' is the seventh excuse in the list, and is inferior to 'I smelled pot in the car'. Except for convertables....

I can't blame the cop for doing his job and I don't feel sorry for morons driving around with weed and a gun in their car.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I can't blame the cop for doing his job and I don't feel sorry for morons driving around with weed and a gun in their car.

Having relatives(good) on the force, and having worked for an officer(great), I have heard lots of their stories of the police force. So my feelings on it are mixed. There are good guys and there are jerks. Personal experiance backs that up.

The cop in question is more likely to be a good guy than Seymour though. Or at least smarter....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
arglebargle said:
Having relatives(good) on the force, and having worked for an officer(great), I have heard lots of their stories of the police force. So my feelings on it are mixed. There are good guys and there are jerks. Personal experiance backs that up.

The cop in question is more likely to be a good guy than Seymour though. Or at least smarter....

I agree, I work at the court house in Harris County and I agree there are some very good police officers and some who don't belong on the force. I also think people are innocent until proven guilty and Seymour will get his day in court. If this report is accurate then he will have to face whatever the courts give him.