Paul Oliver attempting to enter the supp. Draft

JBS

Reaction score
Here is the link...http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2873910

I will be honest and admit I do not know anything about this guy. According to what I have read, he is a 1st round talent and many people considered him the best CB prospect in the country for this upcoming season. Has any1 here seen this kid play? If so, tell us what you have seen. Should we take a stab at him?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
5Stars;1502033 said:
Hmmm...I heard Michael Irvin say the same thing!

:confused:

Yeah but Irvin was referring to Everett Mciver, not Paul Oliver.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rack;1502036 said:
Yeah but Irvin was referring to Everett Mciver, not Paul Oliver.

I know, Rack...it was a yoke, bra...a yoke, mon!

:D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rack;1502043 said:
Yeah... I was going along with it, Mang. ;)

Why are we talking like Jamacians?

Let's talk some Canadian, eh?

How bout it, bra?

:laugh2:

Bizwah

Reaction score
5Stars;1502050 said:
Why are we talking like Jamiacans?

Let's talk some Canadian, eh?

:laugh2:

Ok you hoser....

take off why dontcha

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
tomson75;1502053 said:

What you giggling for like a little girl?

You laughing at me! YOU LAUGHING AT ME?

:mad:

Why? What did I do wrong? It was just a yoke, bra...!
:D

BigWillie

Reaction score
Oliver has good size (6'0 205lbs.) and has legit 4.4 speed from all I have read. He certainly had the credentials as he held Calvin Johnson to only 2 catches for 13 yards this past year. He also held Sidney Rice to only 31 yards.

I believe he sent in his paperwork to draft advisory commitee and he was told he would be a 2nd-3rd round pick. So I would have no problem spending a 2nd-3rd round pick to take a chance on Oliver, who alot of people saw as the top CB in next years draft along with Antoine Cason and Malcolm Jenkins.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I like Oliver. As stated in the article, he shut down CJ, limiting him to 2 catches for like 13 yards, but he also had an INT to seal the victory. If he were able to return to school he would probably be in the running for best CB in the 2008 NFL draft.

That said, I probably would only spend a 2nd/3rd in the supplemental. We don't know what's going to happen with our team this year, we may have more pressing needs in the first round 2008.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
BigWillie;1502067 said:
Oliver has good size (6'0 205lbs.) and has legit 4.4 speed from all I have read. He certainly had the credentials as he held Calvin Johnson to only 2 catches for 13 yards this past year. He also held Sidney Rice to only 31 yards.

I believe he sent in his paperwork to draft advisory commitee and he was told he would be a 2nd-3rd round pick. So I would have no problem spending a 2nd-3rd round pick to take a chance on Oliver, who alot of people saw as the top CB in next years draft along with Antoine Cason and Malcolm Jenkins.

Exactly. Of course if we didn't draft Oliver this year, I'll take Zack Bowman in the second next year.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bizwah;1502052 said:
Ok you hoser....

take off why dontcha

:lmao:

No offense to our canadian brothers. But you fellers tawk funny! :D

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
NFLDraftCountdown has him ranked as the 7th best player coming into the 2008 NFL Draft.

7. Paul Oliver Cornerback 6-0 / 201 Georgia

If not for another serious injury (ruptured patellar tendon this spring after missing '06 with a torn ACL) Nebraska's Zack Bowman would probably be the top rated senior corner available this year but that honor now belongs to Paul Oliver. An elite recruit coming out of the prep ranks who had to wait his turn before finally getting a chance to start, Oliver really emerged as a junior in 2006 and there is no telling how high his draft stock could soar if he can build on that momentum this fall. From a size/speed standpoint Oliver has everything you look for and his best football is still ahead of him so remember his name because you will be hearing it a lot the next 12 months.

We might need that 2nd-3rd rounder to package with the 32nd pick in the draft to move up to take McFadden (or whoever else we have an eye on).

BLT

Reaction score
ok so we DEF would take him with a 3rd... would MAYBE take him with a 2nd... and NOT take him with a 1st... agreed?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1502094 said:
NFLDraftCountdown has him ranked as the 7th best player coming into the 2008 NFL Draft.

We might need that 2nd-3rd rounder to package with the 32nd pick in the draft to move up to take McFadden (or whoever else we have an eye on).

We can just take McFadden with Cleveland's first.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1502116 said:
We can just take McFadden with Cleveland's first.

:hammer: w/ 2 1sts next year, I wouldn't mind if we spent a 2nd on Oliver

I'm not pressing for it though

Hailmary

Reaction score
If he really is all that, I would gladly spend a first on this kid, especially since we didn't really address corner during this last draft.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I played against him in High School. He was one of the top players in the country when he came out. Messed up some his freshman year ( i believe he was caught with weed in his possession at a party or something like that) it was in the AJC i believe.

Anyways he is supposed to have matured a ton, and he will be a first rounder IMO if he doesnt enter the supplemental.

Best play by him was when they played Auburn in 2005 and he ran down an auburn player and stripped the ball forcing a touchback instead of a touchdown . Great play by him

He completely shut down Calvin