Paul Richardson to the Commanders

Plankton

Reaction score
He's a guy that I liked as a field stretcher. That's a little steep though for a guy that has had a hard time staying on the field. Well, with the likely dumpster diving that we are about to see from the Cowboys, there was never a chance here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He's a guy that I liked as a field stretcher. That's a little steep though for a guy that has had a hard time staying on the field. Well, with the likely dumpster diving that we are about to see from the Cowboys, there was never a chance here.

Just goes to show you, there are no "bargains" in free agency. If you want to play, you are going to have to be willing to pay.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go look at my list of free agent WRs and find the equivalent of Nolan Carroll that still figures to be available at the end of the week.

Carson

Reaction score
Meh.

Not really a #1 guy. Falls into the trend of guys they always sign.

Can stretch the field. But would have them sign Richardson as opposed to Allen Robinson

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I've said all along that the Cowboys should try to lure John Brown. He's coming off an injury, so the price won't be so steep. And whatever small signing bonus it costs the Cowboys, if he can pass a physical, then he's worth a contract like Butler got.

Alexander

Reaction score
Career high 44 catches last year.

And he gets 12 mill per year
He will never see $12M every year for the duration of that contract. The 20M guaranteed is really the only thing that matters.

tm1119

Reaction score
Meh with the free agent market the way it is I don’t see it as a bad deal. Essentially only guaranteed 2 full years, the deal should be structured where he can get cut after 2 years without killing the team. Compared to Sammy Watkins it’s a bargain. And less per year than Hitchens got...who woulda thought

Proof

Reaction score
wonder what this means for pryor, and what he will fetch now that dominoes are starting to fall. even after the down year he had last year i am highly intrigued by him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meh with the free agent market the way it is I don’t see it as a bad deal. Essentially only guaranteed 2 full years, the deal should be structured where he can get cut after 2 years without killing the team. Compared to Sammy Watkins it’s a bargain. And less per year than Hitchens got...who woulda thought

And compared to this deal, Terrance Williams is an outright steal.

Perspective.

Alexander

Reaction score
It is a strange signing. They got Alex Smith, who is not the most exceptional deep passer to throw to a guy who's game is to take the top off a defense.

Oh well, HAIL! and all that I guess.

Carson

Reaction score
I will say this though,

We are by far leaps and bounds the worst WR / TE group in the East

Skins - Docston, Richardson, Crowder, Reed

Giants - Odell, Shepherd, Engram

Eagles - Jeffrey, Agholor, Ertz