Pauline on JPJ Cowboys visit

1942willys

Reaction score
Yep..

Non-impact player..

If you draft him please get more picks while doing it.
For a proclaimed Cowboys fan to miss how things went downhill after we lost Fredbeard says a lot
Anyone that thinks a OL player is not an impactful player obviously missed Phil Costa and company

Chasing6

Reaction score
Word is there will be a run on Tackles. I cannot trade back from C 1 or 2 for the 9th best LT
Bad sarcasm on my part. I have zero interest in a late LT project in the first round.

I would take Barton or a JPJ whomever is there at 24. Only trade back option would be for Frazier in my opinion, but he does not bring the nasty-ness that we desperately need on the OLine.

Carter

Reaction score
The funny thing is that almost none of the Tackle Prospects that are set to go early have played LT as a primary position

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For a proclaimed Cowboys fan to miss how things went downhill after we lost Fredbeard says a lot
Anyone that thinks a OL player is not an impactful player obviously missed Phil Costa and company
What went uphill with Frederick?

This team has done nothing and we’ve had really good regular seasons without Frederick.

Our line unfortunately just got old.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dana Bugler's words.....
"the medical will be important after he battled multiple injuries, including"
* groin and hip issues in 2023
* multiple concussions over his career
* Only one full season starting experience ( 16 games)

Too much smoke to overlook or to say someone is making it up

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think fans forget Fredbeard was not our original target in the 2013 draft.........he was a trade-down consolation ( 32nd) after 2 top guards were drafted ahead of us.

1942willys

Reaction score
What went uphill with Frederick?

This team has done nothing and we’ve had really good regular seasons without Frederick.

Our line unfortunately just got old.
and so we just ignore it?
Not sure what in the world you think on this; ignore the lines and draft the shiny toys is what Jerry has done a lot over the years and how well has that worked?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and so we just ignore it?
Not sure what in the world you think on this; ignore the lines and draft the shiny toys is what Jerry has done a lot over the years and how well has that worked?
No im not saying ignore it.

I just don’t want a center with the first pick unless we trade back and get more value. Just like we did with Frederick.

It’s not a position that’s a big impact.

We took a 1 technique last year and a center this year. We have to get guys who actually impact outcomes of games and not positions that are low impact.

1942willys

Reaction score
No im not saying ignore it.

I just don’t want a center with the first pick unless we trade back and get more value. Just like we did with Frederick.

It’s not a position that’s a big impact.

We took a 1 technique last year and a center this year. We have to get guys who actually impact outcomes of games and not positions that are low impact.
when your QB is getting worked and your RBs are hit in the backfield, THAT is real impact

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JPJ is a little bit of a different cat. There is a story about him sprinting down the field at the Senior Bowl practice to high five a player. The kid looks like he really loves the game. That’s important to me.

Scouting report quote:
"Plays with a rugged, disdainful attitude toward opponents."

Disdainful attitude towards opponents...
Aaron Donald
Randy White
Erik Williams

WR Steve Smith annoyed opponents with his personality more than any player I can remember other than Charles Haley...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Scouting report quote:

Aaron Donald
Randy White
Erik Williams

WR Steve Smith annoyed opponents with his personality more than any player I can remember other than Charles Haley...
The film I've seen on him is of a player who likes to hit his opponent and keep on hitting. Probably will be at the center of a lot of scuffles because he's going to smack defenders and not just absorb their attempts to get by him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Scouting report quote:

Aaron Donald
Randy White
Erik Williams

Just need to be comfortable with whatever his supposed medical situation is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
when your QB is getting worked and your RBs are hit in the backfield, THAT is real impact
We haven’t been winning and losing games because of our center.

I’m all for a center in the draft I just hope we maximize the value and not just take one outright because regardless if you disagree it’s just not a premium position.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We haven’t been winning and losing games because of our center.

I’m all for a center in the draft I just hope we maximize the value and not just take one outright because regardless if you disagree it’s just not a premium position.
Does not have to be a premium position, if it is premium talent.