Pauline on JPJ Cowboys visit

morasp

Reaction score
BB said his GM friend told him they cleared his medicals.

morasp

Reaction score
His gm friend said they were lies going around about the prospect, that tells me a team late wanted him all along, maybe even us spreading the disinformation
I also saw on the Locked On Cowboys draft press conference episode that they thought a favorable comment by Stephen about TJ Bass sounded like he could be the starting LG this season which would give you

Smith Bass JPJ Martin Steele.

I was putting together a list of players that have some Dawg yester and JPJ was on the list.

Carter

Reaction score
He is good but the Concussions worry me and im not sure if he is BPA at 24 in a deep O-Line Draft.

I would be fine getting him a tradeback. If gone Zach Frazier would do the job too as would Sedric Van Pran in the Third.

If Newton or Murphy drop to 24 i take them and get Van Pran in the third.

Carson

Reaction score
He is good but the Concussions worry me and im not sure if he is BPA at 24 in a deep O-Line Draft.

I would be fine getting him a tradeback. If gone Zach Frazier would do the job too as would Sedric Van Pran in the Third.

If Newton or Murphy drop to 24 i take them and get Van Pran in the third.
You won’t get him in a trade back. Reports are the teams right behind you love him as well. Tampa, Detroit etc are a few picks behind you.

We all want a trade back, but your lose your 1a guy by doing so.

The concussions were overblown. I believe he had 1 reported and he passed all medicals and backgrounds on this.

I am 110% in favor of trading and getting more picks. However JPJ can do what Linderbaum, Humphrey did to help their OLs. I just can’t lose him to gain a guy a few rounds later like Kelvin Joseph.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Do we really want to roll into week 1 with Brock Hoffman snapping the ball?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Do we really want to roll into week 1 with Brock Hoffman snapping the ball?
No. That is probably the biggest weakness in the entire team. Which is saying something considering how weak we are at RB, OT, LB, WR, and DT.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I also saw on the Locked On Cowboys draft press conference episode that they thought a favorable comment by Stephen about TJ Bass sounded like he could be the starting LG this season which would give you

I was putting together a list of players that have some Dawg yester and JPJ was on the list.
Bass/JPJ were also in the same position room together at Oregon.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Taking a spinal fusion guy after having a player prematurely retire due to spinal fusion is peak Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think that would be the most likely combo, although I would rather see Richards step up at LT and allow us to keep Tyler at LG. Of course, that may not be our best combination.

Us drafting an LT in the first would surprise me since we drafted Tyler to be the eventual LT at the end of Tyron's days. However, we do seem to like drafting LTs for any of the line spots since they are generally the best athletes among OLs. I think with the center position, though, it's just more difficult to find OTs who can make that transition. Might be why a player like Barton could be the most appealing to us if both he and JPJ are there.

Carson

Reaction score
I think that would be the most likely combo, although I would rather see Richards step up at LT and allow us to keep Tyler at LG. Of course, that may not be our best combination.

Us drafting an LT in the first would surprise me since we drafted Tyler to be the eventual LT at the end of Tyron's days. However, we do seem to like drafting LTs for any of the line spots since they are generally the best athletes among OLs. I think with the center position, though, it's just more difficult to find OTs who can make that transition. Might be why a player like Barton could be the most appealing to us if both he and JPJ are there.
I believe it will go as the board goes.

If Barton or JPJ are there we go center. If they arent we likely end up going LT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I believe it will go as the board goes.

If Barton or JPJ are there we go center. If they arent we likely end up going LT
That's probably a good bet. I think we go OL pretty much no matter what. The only exception may be if someone like Murphy falls to us and proves too good to pass. Of course, since we went DL in the first last year, the Joneses might elect to pass anyway. That's really the only thing I'll have a hard time accepting, if they pass on Murphy or Newton for one of the OL.

morasp

Reaction score

Good points, a lot of moving pieces. I really liked the Richards pick, partly because he actually had a draftable grade wiht the media scouts and at the time had lost track of who had been taken and forgot all about him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good points, a lot of moving pieces. I really liked the Richards pick, partly because he actually had a draftable grade wiht the media scouts and at the time had lost track of who had been taken and forgot all about him.
Richards look good in the pre-season games and he was facing the 1's most of the time. For some reason, the coaches just didn't trust him enough to see field time. Perhaps they wanted to use the year for development on and off the field. He deserves an opportunity to compete to become the starter.