Paxton Lynch with 4th overall

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Dan Marino had a body of work and he is an exception to the rule. Name another Super Bowl-less QB that you can make that argument with.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Replace Dilfer with Marino. Does that Ravens team still win the SB? If so, how is it an objective measure of ability between the two?

You're welcome to judge football players however you like, obviously. It just seems odd to measure complex happenings with such a simple lense.

Using your logic, Peyton Manning was the only QB to acomplish anything this year. Anyone who watched him play knows that his team won dispite his play, not because of it.

Exactly what logic is "my logic"?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My least favorite QB out of the most talked about. I'd take Cardale Jones over him, that's how much I dislike him as a prospect. Erratic thrower, no precision accuracy, scares easily in the pocket.

No no no.

waving monkey

Reaction score
They have looked at him three separate times so the possibility is there. They have brought in several qbs as a matter of fact so they are serious about taking one. The question on the table is it a more responsible move to take a QB this year higher than he is ranked or be in a position like the Rams and mortgage future picks in 2017 or 18?

the added plus is that selected QB would have one year experience on the Cowboy roster
learning and training

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I know what I wrote but how does that equate to your narrative. The discussion was about drafting QBs. Hall of fame QBs and which ones I would draft over others. Not scrub QBs vs a Marino that suit your narrative.

For the record, I am about championships and not just playoffs etc. If I want to watch real football for the sake of the sport. I will go watch YAFL or HS ball. I have to pay real money to watch the Cowboys. It costs me to see games in person, hell it even costs me to watch it on TV. For that, I would like championships as opposed to entertainment. If that's unreasonable, I can live with it. Don't much care what anybody else thinks of that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Fouts, Tarkenton, Moon...they were all very good

They are all also Hall of Fame QBs. If I had the chance to take Fouts, Tarkenton, Moon or Aikman, I would take Aikman. He was focused on winning and sacrificed his own numbers to facilitate winning. He put the team and winning above his own stats. All three of the QBs mentioned here were great QBs and of those three, I would pick Moon over Fouts or Tarkenton but because of the previous, I would take Aikman over any of those others if they were all there.