Pay Dak, he certainly deserves it

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree, the overall total number is not a big deal, they can inflate it how they want. its the guaranteed portion, plus how many years you have a chance to get out depending on the cap hit...

I like what wentz did. he could have played hard ball and get another 3 to 4 mill a year, but then not be able to sign a player or two that can help the team....3 to 4 mill sounds like a lot to us, but when you make 30 a year, you can buy all the things you want, but you can't buy championships.

Ding - Ding.......

I was starting to feel like I had outlived my time on this plant till you said that. LOL.......

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Maybe, but he's a good QB. A very good one. You don't let a QB slip away, you sign them and that's what adjusts the market value. Otherwise Wentz wouldn't have been extended early. 2 out of 3 seasons were incomplete.

He is a good QB and I agree, you do sign him if you can but there is no reason to bid against yourself in that situation, just because the fan base believes you need to be paying 30 million plus or the media or some other franchise or what have you. You gotta do good business and that's how you win championships right?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He is a good QB and I agree, you do sign him if you can but there is no reason to bid against yourself in that situation, just because the fan base believes you need to be paying 30 million plus or the media or some other franchise or what have you. You gotta do good business and that's how you win championships right?
So waiting and spending millions more is good business? They're sold on Prescott or they wouldn't even be talking extensions.
IF YOU'RE ALL IN, you make a deal asap, not wait until older contracts are being extended, driving the price millions and millions more.
I don't like it, the QB market specifically is ridiculous. But waiting will cost you more.
Fans on a forum aren't sold, but that doesn't matter.
Frankly, it got tired having a garbage QB and QB when Aikman retired.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
offenses suck in post season? says who? patriots laid 41 on chargers....a top 10 defense
rams, saints was 49 total points for the game
patriots and chiefs, 37- 31
chiefs laid 31 on colts,

simply not true....it depends on the games and matchups....offenses don't suck in post season...just a made up something from you

and I don't disagree....defense shouldn't allow a RB to get that many yards...but if the offense held the ball another 10 minutes, that would 10 less minutes the rams would have the ball and 10 minutes of less running, and 10 minutes of CJ not looking like emmitt smith
Pats and Rams offenses were terrible in the Super Bowl.

My point is offenses go stagnant at some point in the playoffs. You won’t average 30 points a game.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So waiting and spending millions more is good business? They're sold on Prescott or they wouldn't even be talking extensions.
IF YOU'RE ALL IN, you make a deal asap, not wait until older contracts are being extended, driving the price millions and millions more.
I don't like it, the QB market specifically is ridiculous. But waiting will cost you more.
Fans on a forum aren't sold, but that doesn't matter.
Frankly, it got tired having a garbage QB and QB when Aikman retired.

I don't understand where this is coming from. I never said anything about waiting. However, if you wanna have that discussion, we can, but I said nothing about waiting. That's on you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know, I am not so certain this is accurate. I mean, every player is evaluated differently and you can't just say that everybody is getting 30 million or whatever the number, just because that's how it is. First of all, I don't know that Dak is better then Garoppolo or Cousins. A lot of that has to do with situations and personnel but that's beside the point really. You gotta look further then just the surface on this stuff before you make declaratives like this. Garoppolo is making 27.5 a year but he only has 48.7 Million Guaranteed. Cousins is getting 28 with 84 guaranteed but Cousins might be a real big mistake for the Vikes. He doesn't really fit their Offense IMO. That is a perfect example of a team who made a stupid decision at QB IMO. I would like to think that our team is smarter then that but I guess we'll see.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I’m not telling you what Dak deserves to get. I’m telling you what the market is and how they come up with these contracts. No one is saying whether or not Jimmy or Cousins deserve what they get. What they deserve to get is irrelevant. They set the market for what you pay a quarterback. It doesn’t go backwards next year. That’s just not how it works.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, Dak's agent will ask for more but the market ultimately drives salary. Just because Garoppolo and Cousins got whatever, doesn't mean that Dak will get that, or even that he should get that. He, in fact, should not get that. He should get whatever the market dictates his value to be. If it's 32 per year, then he should get that. If it's 23 per year, then he should get that. But paying players a percentage plus, over the following year, is a terrible way to manage your cap. What makes no sense is to expect that just because Dak and his agent might demand some number, they will automatically get it. That makes zero sense.

I believe Lewan is the highest paid LT in the NFL. He plays for the Titans I believe. The Titans have never won a Championship. They kept Fisher as their head coach for 14 seasons (and really 17 if you go back to the Houston days) and the guy only had six winning seasons. That's this Franchise. Maybe you might wanna consider that and let that sink in a little bit before you start wanting to emulate the Titans way of doing business. Just saying.

Jesus whatever I say you just argue. You are arguing against facts.

Google who Trent Brown is btw to understand my point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't drive value. Again, this is a poor way of doing business. Pay players what the market dictates, not some BS formula that demands you pay players x% over the last guy who got paid or whatever. What if your guy is worth way more then that? Then what? What if your guy is worth way less? How does this make sense to you, personally. If you ran a business, would you do that?
Doesn’t matter if it’s poor or not. That’s what we are dealing with. Inflation.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think you are misunderstanding me. I’m not telling you what Dak deserves to get. I’m telling you what the market is and how they come up with these contracts. No one is saying whether or not Jimmy or Cousins deserve what they get. What they deserve to get is irrelevant. They set the market for what you pay a quarterback. It doesn’t go backwards next year. That’s just not how it works.

I don't think it's a matter of understanding. I think it's a matter of looking at things and not agreeing. I don't see how the market dictates 30 million plus. Before you can make that statement, you have to have somebody willing to pay that amount and I don't see that team out there. And that, my friend, is how it works.

BTW, why would I want to Google Trent Brown? If you are trying to suggest that what Oakland did there is indicative of what is happening or should happen, you can put that away and never take it out of the drawer. Oakland is one of the worst teams over the last few years in managing cap. They got themselves into that situation because they didn't make good business decisions with their cap. No, that doesn't mean anything to me. Sorry.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Jesus whatever I say you just argue. You are arguing against facts.

Google who Trent Brown is btw to understand my point.

What you say makes no sense to me. I don't see the support for it. If you feel like that's arguing, I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with you. I have seen nothing from you to suggest that what you say is accurate, other then that's how it works. Well, it's not how it works for me and I've seen it work very differently in the past so I do not agree.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pats and Rams offenses were terrible in the Super Bowl.

My point is offenses go stagnant at some point in the playoffs. You won’t average 30 points a game.
in the superbowl….just one game, unlike last year. or the year before....offenses don't necessarily go stagnant, if your point is that we don't see really high scoring games, then probably true. averages are slightly lower in the playoffs.

wssaustin

Reaction score
In 2018 Cowboys have a dominate defense, kept them in several games with Dak couldn't do anything in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I just wondered if you guys have seen any noticeable improvements in Dak's throwing accuracy this year at OTAs compared to the past? - JOSEPH CRUM / CORINTH, MS

Bryan: I have noticed a transformation of his body and overall mechanics. There were times when he missed, he missed badly. That hasn’t been the case in these OTAs. Ball has been on target and catchable. Credit to the hard work he’s put in on his own and with new quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna. Needs for this to carry over to camp.

Rob: It was only three open practices, but yes, that’s the best stretch of OTAs I’ve seen from Prescott in four years. He’s been accurate at all levels: short, intermediate and deep, like the dime he threw to Reggie Davis last week on a go-route for a touchdown.
Excellent news. Not surprised though. Dak has the tools, brains, will and determination to get better. He's going to tear it up this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What you say makes no sense to me. I don't see the support for it. If you feel like that's arguing, I don't know what to tell you. I don't agree with you. I have seen nothing from you to suggest that what you say is accurate, other then that's how it works. Well, it's not how it works for me and I've seen it work very differently in the past so I do not agree.

I say one thing and you argue against it. I'm telling you to look and google the contracts given out. You're arguing against what is fact.

Now I don't know what Dak will get. But I'm telling you right now his agent is coming to the table and his argument for a Dak contract is that he's better than Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins and he's had a better career than Carson Wentz and Goff thus far. And when Dak get this 32 or 33 million? Goff's camp will want 35+. Then when he signs that? Mahomes camp will want 40+. This is how it works. This is how its worked.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think it's a matter of understanding. I think it's a matter of looking at things and not agreeing. I don't see how the market dictates 30 million plus. Before you can make that statement, you have to have somebody willing to pay that amount and I don't see that team out there. And that, my friend, is how it works.

BTW, why would I want to Google Trent Brown? If you are trying to suggest that what Oakland did there is indicative of what is happening or should happen, you can put that away and never take it out of the drawer. Oakland is one of the worst teams over the last few years in managing cap. They got themselves into that situation because they didn't make good business decisions with their cap. No, that doesn't mean anything to me. Sorry.
I'm not saying what SHOULD happen. I'm telling you what is happening. What's been happening in this whole salary cap era.

What Oakland did is no different than what any other team has done. Before Brown it was Lawan...before Lawan it was Solder.......this is the NFL.

in the superbowl….just one game, unlike last year. or the year before....offenses don't necessarily go stagnant, if your point is that we don't see really high scoring games, then probably true. averages are slightly lower in the playoffs.
That's exactly what I'm saying. No team scores like they do in the regular season. It doesn't translate because defense becomes involved. Our play calling was crappy. This offense scored despite poor playcalling and a poor playbook. I saw enough in regular season and the past few years to know the play calling is terrible. And it reared its ugly head once again against the Rams. But the defense? The defense was much better than it displayed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not saying what SHOULD happen. I'm telling you what is happening. What's been happening in this whole salary cap era.

What Oakland did is no different than what any other team has done. Before Brown it was Lawan...before Lawan it was Solder.......this is the NFL.

That's exactly what I'm saying. No team scores like they do in the regular season. It doesn't translate because defense becomes involved. Our play calling was crappy. This offense scored despite poor playcalling and a poor playbook. I saw enough in regular season and the past few years to know the play calling is terrible. And it reared its ugly head once again against the Rams. But the defense? The defense was much better than it displayed.
this offense scored? not against the rams...7 points when it counted. they score 20+ against seattle. I can agree that poor play calling, etc. but that was the case all year....its not like in the playoffs scoring averages drop by 10 points per team...maybe a few points and its a limited number of games so it can wildly swing....