Pay Dak/lose player or pay the others and Franchise Dak

jnday

Reaction score
Considering that Dak has been rated as the 18th best QB in the league by NFL.com and you can count the number of games that he has passed for over 300 yards on one hand, I would do everything possible to keep from committing myself to a long term deal with Dak. I would be constantly trying to find a QB that is more of the stereotypical QB that is needed in the league. An accurate QB with good arm strength and great pocket awareness would do wonders for this team.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He's LOST us more games than he's won us. Forget the overall team record, the team is built on rushing and defense but largely by necessity due to the limitations at QB.

I'd say he WON us the Eagles home game and Pittsburgh road game his rookie year and the meaningless Giants road game at the end of last year. Name any more? The rest are all on the running game and defense.

He tried his darn best to lose the Saints home game last year but the defense wouldn't let him.
He lost us more games than he won....haha you are the most delusional wannabe fan I know.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
2020- White
2021- Lawrence

It's a genius idea.
Here is the problem, since you are so delusional. You and all the dumb Dak haters say the team wins because of all their talent and nothing to do with Dak. So wouldn't the team win no matter who the QB is...... It's not genius it's down right ********

blueblood70

Reaction score
You people do realize that the Cowboys for the last 3 seasons have still allocated a huge portion of their salary cap to the QB position right? You people do realize that Romo's salary didn't just disappear after the 2015 season, right?

Dak has ALREADY PROVEN he can win on a team with a large QB contract. This difference is now...and deservedly so...HE would be the one actually getting said salary.
or its lesson learned to not overpay unless the QB is FOR SURE the guy that can take you to the Promise land and at the time I thought Romo outside of injuries was that guy but at this point I dont have the same confidence in Dak, Romo making 19 but when needed could put up big time stats ie a Cousins at la\east thats top 10 at the postion in most years thats the OPs point,.Dak hasn't even reached that level yet so keep him but FT him and pay the rest..hes not saying get rid of Dak just dak prove it before getting 30-34 because in mosts opinion hes on the 27mil scale RIGHT NOW..

NotForLong

Reaction score
Name the last time a mid level QB was traded for a first and two seconds.

I’ll wait

This never happens in the NFL. For the reasons I outlined before.

Please name these bottom barrel teams that have recently traded for a mid level QB and given around the same compensation you mentioned.
Cowboys got a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd for Steve Walsh. . . is that close enough

NotForLong

Reaction score
Here is the problem, since you are so delusional. You and all the dumb Dak haters say the team wins because of all their talent and nothing to do with Dak. So wouldn't the team win no matter who the QB is...... It's not genius it's down right ********
Yes yes they would

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak has ALREADY PROVEN he can win on a team with a large QB contract.

When Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, and Byron are cheap, that's true.

The problem is that Lawrence and Cooper are already expensive, Collins is up there, and Byron and Zeke will be there soon.

We don't have infinite cap.

And Dak is looking at a much larger cap hit that Tony. Tony's cap hit peaked at 20 in 2016, and was about 10 the last two seasons. We're looking at 30+ for Dak per year. And signing Dak would require the longest term lock in of anyone.

Just on per year cap hit, Dak's cap hit will be about Zeke and Cooper.

Which is better?
a) Dak w/o Zeke and Cooper
b) Zeke and Cooper w/o Dak

NotForLong

Reaction score
1-11 said they won't as long as Garrett is HC. If you think White or Rush could come in and win games you are just as delusional as the other guys.
I believe it because this team is Amazing and its loaded with talent

All I will say is Kellen loves White. Ok and White is an extremely talented smart QB

As far as talent level he is not that far off from Dak

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Just to add.........Romo made the wrs better. Remember Laurent Robinson? Miles Austin? These guys were nobodies without Romo. Dak does NOT make the players around him better. Thats the stick by which you measure a QB and the reason we are fools paying him. He barely made it out of the wildcard round surrounded by pro bowl talent. What's he going to do with lesser talent?
T.O. and Terry Glenn made Romo better he was nothing without them.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes yes they would

All I will say is Kellen loves White. Ok and White is an extremely talented smart QB

This is one of the most absurd sequences I've seen. Congratulations NFL.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We haven't won anything genius.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I like White too but he isn't coming in and winning the games Dak has, he still has a ton of developing to do. Y'all need to stop disrespecting Dak. It's foolish, White isn't even close to Dak and it's laughable to even say it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
This is one of the most absurd sequences I've seen. Congratulations NFL.
Why? Because I believe the team is loaded in talent except for the QB who is Mediocre. . . so average that any other QB with an average ability would be a star for us like Dak

NotForLong

Reaction score
I like White too but he isn't coming in and winning the games Dak has, he still has a ton of developing to do. Y'all need to stop disrespecting Dak. It's foolish, White isn't even close to Dak and it's laughable to even say it.
How can you be so sure. Why because he hasn't been given the opportunity or snaps.

This team elevates Dak and he's still middle of the pack.