Pay Dak vs Don't Pay Dak

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm assuming your talking about Frederick, Martin and Collins, the last 3 o-line high paid contracts. So how did that work out?

Smith has been to 6 straight Pro Bowls, All Pro in 2014 and 2016.
Martin has been a Pro Bowler every year he's been in the league.
La'el Collins was considered to be a Pro Bowl-level player the last couple of years, didn't get in but he's undoubtedly been getting better the last couple of years.

And Smith is a future HOF'er, 7 straight Pro Bowls and widely recognized as one of, if not the best, OT in the game for most of those years. Only recently have injuries brought him down some, and that was well after his big contract.

The "high paid" o-line contracts aren't the problem, the lack of quality defensive players has been, for years...
You can't pay defensive players worth a crap if you put literally all of your resources into the offense. Pretty simple stuff.
I will add that overpaying players who don't produce is also an issue.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You can't pay defensive players worth a crap if you put literally all of your resources into the offense. Pretty simple stuff.
I will add that overpaying players who don't produce is also an issue.

Didn't Jerry pony up big bucks for Jaylon? How about T. Crawford?

There is, or rather was until Covid-19, plenty of money available to pay your top players, and other very good ones, but Jerry squandered his money paying players either too early, before you could tell if he was going to be worth the money, or too late, as in extending somebody when they're already past their prime.

The "we can't pay so and so top dollar because then we can't retain/get other good players" is patently false. I've posted articles to that effect a couple of times. It's being smart with your money at the right time, and Jerry/Stephen don't know how to do that...

Flamma

Reaction score
If you don't like it, go follow another team or another sport. Very simple. Jerry and Stephen are not getting rid of Dak, because they know how good Dak is and how important he is to this team.

Been hearing that since 2018. Dak is getting paid. I'll wait.

Slick

Reaction score
Drink whiskey, eh? Sounds like you’ve been doing that Spaulding or Jerry Jr. or whoever the hell you want to be?? Because you’ve obviously been too drunk to see Dak has proven he can move the team at a top offensive rate. So what have you been watching the last 2 games??? You’re not overpaying him. You think drafting Lawrence and paying him is cheap?
No, I wouldn't draft a stud QB at all.

I'd start over and that's one of the last things I'd look at.

Build a defense, then look at an offensive line, then a QB. Hence why Dak would be a waste of cash right now. They need to rebuild top to bottom. They need to smartly use their cash, not give it to someone who'll use up 25% of the cap.

Slick

Reaction score
If you don't like it, go follow another team or another sport. Very simple. Jerry and Stephen are not getting rid of Dak, because they know how good Dak is and how important he is to this team.
And their decision making for the most part had done what? Removing Jimmy's years, what exactly?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And their decision making for the most part had done what? Removing Jimmy's years, what exactly?
Built this franchise into the most financially lucrative team in all of sports worldwide.

Not bad, huh? Jerry must be doing something right as a businessman.

Slick

Reaction score
Built this franchise into the most financially lucrative team in all of sports worldwide.

Not bad, huh? Jerry must be doing something right as a businessman.

You talking business or football? No one here has questioned his business acumen. But are we talking Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, or Warren Buffett?