Pay Prescott!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So America's team now accepts to have as its leader a Tier 3 QB.
Yes, 24 years of Hunger and no glory have us reaching and accepting new toilet level standards.
May the Grid-iron Gods take pity on us as the next 2 months will bring a lot of people here down to Earth.

If you think Dak is a tier three QB, then your opinion of him is based on his 2017 performance.

Since the second half of last season, Prescott's level play has been at or near the top of the league; in all categories that matter.

If you want toilet level standards, let Dak walk and start over at quarterback. I'm sure the next Marcus Mariota, Josh Rosen, or Jameis Winston will arrive to take us to new heights.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think Dak is a tier three QB, then your opinion of him is based on his 2017 performance.

Since the second half of last season, Prescott's level play has been at or near the top of the league; in all categories that matter.

If you want toilet level standards, let Dak walk and start over at quarterback. I'm sure the next Marcus Mariota, Josh Rosen, or Jameis Winston will arrive to take us to new heights.

Let's talk about this again after we play out the remaining games on our schedule.
Tier 3 might be an overstatement......

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Let's talk about this again after we play out the remaining games on our schedule.
Tier 3 might be an overstatement......

So, if the Cowboys start to lose, it will only be because of Prescott?

If he throws for 355 yards and four touchdowns one week and Dallas loses 38-35, can we blame him?

I respect your opinion, but I can't understand calling Dak a tier three or worse passer when all evidence on the field and on the stat sheet suggests otherwise. The fact is, Dak is a better overall passer and a better overall QB than well over half of the starters in this league. Then when you add his intangibles and his leadership, and the way he handles being the starting QB on the most high-profile team in football, I don't know how you can replace that.

Now, if Dak implodes and starts throwing three or four picks every single week, maybe you move on. But he has not had a string of poor games since November 2017 when he had his "sophomore slump" minus Zeke and with a banged-up line.

Dak has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, if the Cowboys start to lose, it will only be because of Prescott?

If he throws for 355 yards and four touchdowns one week and Dallas loses 38-35, can we blame him?

I respect your opinion, but I can't understand calling Dak a tier three or worse passer when all evidence on the field and on the stat sheet suggests otherwise. The fact is, Dak is a better overall passer and a better overall QB than well over half of the starters in this league. Then when you add his intangibles and his leadership, and the way he handles being the starting QB on the most high-profile team in football, I don't know how you can replace that.

Now, if Dak implodes and starts throwing three or four picks every single week, maybe you move on. But he has not had a string of poor games since November 2017 when he had his "sophomore slump" minus Zeke and with a banged-up line.

Dak has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

NFL GM we're polled and had Dak a Tier 3 QB.
He still is without a mega-contract with the worst GM in the NFL at the helm,why is that?
At this rate, Deshawn Watson will have a new contract before Dak does.
You say he has improved well chill my man the next 2 months will tell the tale if he has improved or not.
I hold any QB responsible when they are 29th in the Red-Zone and the offense they lead are kicking Field goals all game long.
Personally, hold a small cup as Franchise QB are Born not trained or else the league would be full of Brady's and Rodgers......

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
NFL GM we're polled and had Dak a Tier 3 QB.
He still is without a mega-contract with the worst GM in the NFL at the helm,why is that?
At this rate, Deshawn Jackson will have a new contract before Dak does.
You say he has improved well chill my man the next 2 months will tell the tale if he has improved or not.
I hold any QB responsible when they are 29th in the Red-Zone and the offense they lead are kicking Field goals all game long.
Personally, hold a small cup as Franchise QB are Born not trained or else the league would be full of Brady's and Rodgers......

I don't like to argue with my fellow Cowboys fans, but if the league isn't full of Brady's and Rodgers's, than why not stick with Dak?

And not all NFL GM's are correct in their assessments. If Dak is a Tier 3 passer, than I really want to know who this GM thinks is better. Because right now I would take Dak over all these QB's that start or will start this weekend: Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Mitch Trubisky, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, Jacoby Brissett, Gardner Minshew, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Daniel Jones, Sam Darnold, Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston, Ryan Tannehill, and Case Keenum. And maybe even over Matthew Stafford and Kirk Cousins, too, since they've been stat guys, not win guys, the majority of their careers.

That leaves a small list of QB's I'd take over Dak, and some of them are future Hall of Famers (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.) or absolute phenoms like Patrick Mahomes.