Paying Dak is a dead end

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I have another criticism about Dak.

He’s just not a QB you can get in a shootout with.

If the defense isn’t performing and he has to throw the ball aggressively bad things start to happen.
We literally got into a shootout with Seattle this yr when the D didn't stop a nail and Dak won that game despite that and no run game.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
We need to figure QB out. You think we suck now just wait until we pay Dak the same. Or even more when we have to pay Lamb and Parsons.

CWR

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
Just like the Romo, Dez, Witten, Ware group before them we've seen the best they can do and it's not enough.

It's another swing and a miss.

Yes its time to move forward and rebuild.

The problem is we have no ones vision to build under. We have no plan, no concept of how to go about it. So instead they'll stretch this group out as long as they can.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah but we don’t pay Dak to be like other QBs.

That’s the problem…
Dak's getting paid what they're all getting paid eventually. A long-term deal actually lowers his cap hit.

He'll be the "highest paid" until the next good QB signs his deal.

Besides, a lack of talent isn't why we lost to Green Bay. We just choked.
:laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak's getting paid what they're all getting paid eventually. A long-term deal actually lowers his cap hit.

He'll be the "highest paid" until the next good QB signs his deal.

Besides, a lack of talent isn't why we lost to Green Bay. We just choked.
:laugh:
I didn't raise my pinkie and then call you a Dak lover...

Chasing6

Reaction score
You would’ve said the same about Jordan Love.

You have to believe in player development.

Getting out from under Dak’s deal and building the overall team is probably a better move going forward into 2025.

Next year is lost before it begins.
No. Jordan Love played in HS and College.

• 1st in Utah State career with 9,003 yards of total offense
  • 1st in Utah State career with 12 career 300-yard passing games
  • 2nd in Utah State career with 8,600 passing yards
  • 2nd in Utah State career with 689 pass completions
  • 2nd in Utah State career with 1,125 passing attempts
  • 2nd in Utah State career with 21 wins
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with 93 pass completions
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with 473 pass attempts
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with 32 touchdown passes
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with 3,567 passing yards
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with seven 300-yard passing games
  • 1st in Utah State single-season with 234 points responsible