Paying Dak is a dead end

Steve007

Reaction score
It’s a fact the team doesn’t elevate its play. Dak did have over 400 yards with 41 completions. Both were Cowboys playoff records. He also had 3 TDs. Granted most of it was after the fact but he never gave up. GB ended up having to bring their starters back in because he started lighting them up. It was just too little too late.
Dak had over 400 yards against subs when they were getting blown out. Dak had 87 yards in the first half with 2 picks one a pick six. The offense goes through the quarterback The team isn't supposed to elevate the quarterback. Dak is supposed to be the leader.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak had over 400 yards against subs when they were getting blown out. Dak had 87 yards in the first half with 2 picks one a pick six. The offense goes through the quarterback The team isn't supposed to elevate the quarterback. Dak is supposed to be the leader.
He didn’t play well but no one did especially the defense. You can’t pin that loss entirely on him.

Xeven

Reaction score
When you see rooks like Jordan Love it makes it really hard to justify the pay. Dak just no X factor QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
When you see rooks like Jordan Love it makes it really hard to justify the pay. Dak just no X factor QB.
Not a rookie.

Are you watching the same game. Entire GB team is playing well.

Or in your world has it all been Love?

Steve007

Reaction score
He didn’t play well but no one did especially the defense. You can’t pin that loss entirely on him.
There is a problem on the defense. The solution is to upgrade some players and scheme. On offense the biggest problem Is the QB and RB. If the cowboys want to compete for a championship they have to fix the defense and the QB and RB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is a problem on the defense. The solution is to upgrade some players and scheme. On offense the biggest problem Is the QB and RB. If the cowboys want to compete for a championship they have to fix the defense and the QB and RB.
The QB will be here. They have to fix the OL, RB and defense.

Steve007

Reaction score
The QB will be here. They have to fix the OL, RB and defense.
Yes the QB will here and the results will be the same. It will be hard to fix all the holes with Daks cap hit. They have Lamb and Parsons contract coming soon.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes the QB will here and the results will be the same. It will be hard to fix all the holes with Daks cap hit. They have Lamb and Parsons contract coming soon.
I am confused. If it is all Dak's fault how do we have holes to fill?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The quarterback is the most important position on the team. Dak chokes on the big stage. You can't win with a QB who consistently chokes in the playoffs. Romo isn't the QB anymore so that is a moot point. One of his players even said that Dak panics.
Yeah these dudes stay with Romo in thier mouth like jealous high schoolers. That guy hasn’t been here in dang near a decade and the same few posters can’t keep that name out their mouth to prop up Dak Cousins

Chasing6

Reaction score
I truly believe if Bill B lands somewhere like Atlanta, you could get Dak to waive his NTC to go there bc Belichik wants to win now. Bill won’t have to develop a QB and we get a couple picks in a soft rebuild

We also need to consider Trey Lance. If you don’t play him next year, then he walks and you wasted a 4th for what? To not even look at the kid? I’d rather dump Dak, get picks (if possible), and see what Trey really is next year
You had me until Trey Lance.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Not a rookie.

Are you watching the same game. Entire GB team is playing well.

Or in your world has it all been Love?
No.. but GB aren't losing because Love stunk it up. (at the point I am watching this now.. they are winning)

I agree that the whole Cowboys team was terrible.. Dak included.. these stats being trotted out by some people are bogus.. was there ANY point during that game did ANYONE think we were coming back and winning?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
National sports show was talking about which NFL team Bill Belichek should go to. Basically said he should go to a team where the head coach can pick his new quarterback. Suggestion was Atlanta Falcons where they need a new qb. Then, he said where Bill should not go to. Don't want to go to Dallas with an established quarterback that isn't good enough to make it to a Super Bowl. Dallas is in a bad pickle right now. Best option is to give Dak a new low offer. If he does not want it which he won't, remove your no trade clause so Dallas can trade him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
National sports show was talking about which NFL team Bill Belichek should go to. Basically said he should go to a team where the head coach can pick his new quarterback. Suggestion was Atlanta Falcons where they need a new qb. Then, he said where Bill should not go to. Don't want to go to Dallas with an established quarterback that isn't good enough to make it to a Super Bowl. Dallas is in a bad pickle right now. Best option is to give Dak a new low offer. If he does not want it which he won't, remove your no trade clause so Dallas can trade him.
Sounds great, but Dak does not have to do either and can stick Dallas with a $58M cap hit this year.

HanD

Reaction score
Not if the Cowboys do the extension right. Cutting him this offseason would dump $25 million of dead money into the 2025 cap.

Extending Dak even on a four year deal allows Dallas to spread his salary for this year out through 2027. BUT they should find a way to make the last two years voidable or put playoff incentives in there.

This way they can allow themselves to move on from Dak, either by cut or trade, if the situation here remains stagnant.

Dak isn't taking 4 years this time. He wanted that last time so he could cash in a second time. He's gonna want a long term deal to retire here. He's gonna want like 6 years for 330m this time and he knows Dallas can't trade him, can't play him at 60m this year and doesn't have the guts to post June 1 cut him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I could care less what opinions a National Sport show has. Some are just as bad as our fans on here.

Number 1 reason not to go to Dallas would be Jeruh.

Last thing Bellichick wants to do at 71 is to rebuild a team from scratch and develop a QB? He don't have time for that.