Payton now with three suitors/ Cardinals, Texans and Broncos

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of the 3 arizona might be the best option but none are all that good.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I can’t wait until he goes wherever he goes because I’m already sick of this repeated news cycle

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t know why he would go back to the Saints after stepping down with them. They were 9-8 when he left and now they’re 7-10 and still don’t have a QB. Don’t see him going back to that situation again.

CashMan

Reaction score
I'd cough up a draft pick for a HC like McVay who can lead my franchise for the next decade plus. I'd even be tempted to give up a draft pick for a guy like Belichick. I just dont understand giving up draft capital for a Sean Payton, and that is zero disrespect to Payton.
You would have to have McCarthy here for 1 more year while McVay sits out the year.

75boyz

Reaction score
Still dont understand why there are multiple suitors and draft pick compensation just to hire him and then when McCarthy was fired he was outta work for a year and his hiring interest was slightly less overwhelming than Payton's. I mean everybody here tells me they're the same coach because of 1 super bowl with HOF QB and similar w/l record...
Then how come there's so much interest in Payton and McCarthy is looked upon as an afterthought?

They're the same right?

Scratching my head...Never quite been able to figure that one out, LOL

Well I do know but I'll let the McCarthy family here off with this little bit of sarcasm post.

Too funny in how the NFL views 2 supposedly same coaches.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to think some posters think he's still an option for the Cowboys........do you see paying an HC any of the salaries below?

Who are the top 5 highest-paid NFL coaches?

Let's take a look at the top ten NFL coaching salaries in 2023.
  • John Harbaugh – Baltimore Ravens ($9 million) ...
  • Kyle Shanahan – San Francisco 49ers ($9.5 million) ...
  • Pete Carroll – Seattle Seahawks ($11 million) ...
  • Bill Belichick – New England Patriots ($12.5 million) ...
  • Sean McVay – Los Angeles Rams ($15–$18 million)
You have to factor in McCarthy doesn't pay for meals.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I am pretty excited about this news because its going to be interesting to see it all play out. I would say Texans would be the most attractive spot. They have a ton of cap space and draft capital. They can use that to get a QB or go for one in FA.

Praxit

Reaction score
.. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. You're as good as your team.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I'd cough up a draft pick for a HC like McVay who can lead my franchise for the next decade plus. I'd even be tempted to give up a draft pick for a guy like Belichick. I just dont understand giving up draft capital for a Sean Payton, and that is zero disrespect to Payton.
I agree. What makes Peyton so much better than Big Mike? Don’t both have one SB win?