Payton or McCarthy

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
The resumes are pretty close. Both had prime hall of fame QBs to work with for the majority of their career. 1 SB each and almost identical regular season and playoff records. Payton rolled out some god awful defenses during the early 2010s and had 3 straight 8-8 seasons with Drew Brees if I remember correctly. Its closer than people want to think.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Payton. At least with him at the helm you know it’d be less of a country club atmosphere and players would be held accountable for things like 14 penalties in one game.

LysleE

Reaction score
Neither…I am tired of re-tread coaches. I think we need some fresh ideas: need an innovative, young coach.

But that type of coach and Jerry Jones are mutually exclusive.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sean Payton for me and it's not even close.

I know what the Saints were before he got there... he's the real deal.

Big Mike is an idiot.

He won as many SB”s as Payton.
So I guess both are idiots.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Payton were to come here, how long before the whining starts. :laugh:

Tommy

Reaction score
Payton. All day. If Mike brought an offense with him, it would be close. He didn't.
I’ll take Payton if he can bring a Drew Brees in his prime with him. He hasn’t done much otherwise.

nobody

Reaction score
When asked about coaching again, SP said this earlier in the month:

“The most important element is functional ownership, front office…because there’s a handful of teams that aren’t, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term,” Sean Payton said. “The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture and all those things.”

He's not coming back to work for Jerry.

This. Payton would be an idiot to work for Jerry unless Jerry hands over control.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The resumes are pretty close. Both had prime hall of fame QBs to work with for the majority of their career. 1 SB each and almost identical regular season and playoff records. Payton rolled out some god awful defenses during the early 2010s and had 3 straight 8-8 seasons with Drew Brees if I remember correctly. Its closer than people want to think.
You could say that mm rejuvenated a hof qb because Favre was done and the Packers were not good at all when mm got there.