Payton or McCarthy

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know there has been much talk about Sean Payton to the Cowboys. I know many people don't see this as much different than McCarthy. I think McCarthy has the team heading in the right direction but the difference I see between them is the SP would improve the offense overall and be better at in game decisions and clock management. Thoughts?
Payton, only if Jerry has enough familiarity and comfort level with him to give him GM responsibility.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Is the name calling necessary? If he's an idiot with a SB ring, what does that make you?
Considering I've never tried to win won nor have any desire to... And the fact that I'm incredibly successful in my own life... I think it makes me what I am.

Awesome.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering I've never tried to win won nor have any desire to... And the fact that I'm incredibly successful in my own life... I think it makes me what I am.

Awesome.
Good for you...still don't get the name calling....but, maybe that's why you are incredibly successful....

Big_D

Reaction score
I know in 3 short years this team looks night and day better than it did under the last joke of a HC. They need to start winning playoff games. If they don’t take that next step then we cross this bridge in January.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
When asked about coaching again, SP said this earlier in the month:

“The most important element is functional ownership, front office…because there’s a handful of teams that aren’t, and those teams, regardless of what takes place, they can win on Sunday but they have trouble winning long term,” Sean Payton said. “The opportunity to win consistently and the willingness to build the correct culture and all those things.”

He's not coming back to work for Jerry.

Actually, I think it was a message to Jerry.........don't bother calling unless you are willing to make major changes.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Payton would work for Jerry in a Heartbeat, don’t kid yourself. Parcells worked for Jerry and talks Glowingly about the relationship. Jerry is a coaches dream.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to ignore what Payton said. His comment described the Cowboys to a T.

cowboyec

Reaction score
coach mccarthy.
i like what i've seen so far...particularly the development of younger players.
and i believe they are drafting better.
i like the aggressiveness on 4th down.
lotta good stuff on both sides of the ball since he's been here...we're better for it.
i'd like to see what this team will continue to do under his leadership.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mikes best coaching days are long gone. Sean Peyton might not be far behind him. When they move on from mike id rather they look at a young offensive mind or quinn.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only if Quinn winds up leaving would I go with Payton.
Otherwise, leave well enough alone.
Does he really want to come here? I doubt it.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Good for you...still don't get the name calling....but, maybe that's why you are incredibly successful....
Or maybe it's true? He is a moron.
I have many examples of simple, clock management, game situation errors that leads me to believe he lacks the high level thinking I would require of one to not be considered stupid.

Additionally, he and I are fully formed adults... He's not a child. I would hope that he can handle being called a name.

Obviously you can't.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or maybe it's true? He is a moron.
I have many examples of simple, clock management, game situation errors that leads me to believe he lacks the high level thinking I would require of one to not be considered stupid.

Additionally, he and I are fully formed adults... He's not a child. I would hope that he can handle being called a name.

Obviously you can't.
I don't like being called names by anyone....you might, but I don't. Of course, some internet tough guys can't help themselves.....I don't worry about them... if they can't say it to my face, it doesn't count. For all I know it may be a child acting like an adult...