People laughed when I said Garrett will cut you for disagreeing with him

DFWJC

Reaction score
people laughed and said I was crazy when I said anyone who calls out Redball gets shown the door. This dez situation was mishandled from day one. And now he’s saying Garett guys who wear the C. I can only think that’s Witten. Witten has now aided in the release of T.O, Bennett, and Dez. And Garrett somehow keeps his job? Hey now what do you see? I see one common denominator in this situation and it sure as hell isnt dez. Yet another scapegoat for Garrett refusing to change and adapt to the new NFL. Could dez have been better? Absolutely. But he was never anything but a team guy. If you look at the amount of posts from players on the cowboys and other teams he’s loved all over The NFL. This is a joke and I am beyond mad. The only saving grace here is now Garrett and this staff are right in the crosshairs. If this offense doesn’t produce next season. They are all out. That’s what I hope at least. Moral of the story. Be a yes man, don’t call out your coach, and enjoy losing.
Witten had Dez' back more than almost anyone.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Jason Witten is definitely a "Wuss"

excellent analysis.

Reading comprehension would help you greatly! I never said he was a wuss. Witten has been great for us. However he is infected with a Garrett mentality now where everyone falls in line and regurgitates Garrett speak. It’s won nothing. Every Cowboy team that was great under Landry and Jimmy had their outliers who added edge to the team! We are trying to cut all of that out now and make robots who don’t adjust or adapt. But hey you’ll read whatever you want into anything. I just was alive for 8 SBs in 26 yrs and now 2 playoff appearances in 22

Blackspider214

Reaction score

Joey Ickles is a hack. Tries real hard to be one of the insiders but just isn't. Rappaport also called him out on this ridiculous take.

Also, his statement makes no sense whatsoever. What on earth did Dez do at all in 2016? Dak was the backup. Romo went down. Dak played. Dez didn't have anything to do with that. Is he giving Dez credit for supporting the QB at the time? Lmao. What was Dez supposed to do, trash him at the time and call for his benching? He gave lip service to the media and fans.

Just another example of Dez having this clueless fanbase eating out of his hand with his calculated and manipulative persona he has created online. When none of these fans know what goes on day to day with him. Even with reporters coming out and saying how big of an issue he could be, the fans will just claim they are against him. Dez will never be held accountable for anything in his career from his own perspective and his legion of fans.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Reading comprehension would help you greatly! I never said he was a wuss. Witten has been great for us. However he is infected with a Garrett mentality now where everyone falls in line and regurgitates Garrett speak. It’s won nothing. Every Cowboy team that was great under Landry and Jimmy had their outliers who added edge to the team! We are trying to cut all of that out now and make robots who don’t adjust or adapt

Dez wasn't a team player. He was throwing a hissy fit to anyone who would listen in a must win game against Seattle. We had a lead and all he cared about what his looks and touches. That's it. He would rather lose with his stats than win taking a back seat. That's been proven since day one with him. Heaven forbid some players get fed up with his tired act. But of course, y'all will label it as being a Garrett yes man and being a robot.

Miller

Reaction score
Dez wasn't a team player. He was throwing a hissy fit to anyone who would listen in a must win game against Seattle. We had a lead and all he cared about what his looks and touches. That's it. He would rather lose with his stats than win taking a back seat. That's been proven since day one with him. Heaven forbid some players get fed up with his tired act. But of course, y'all will label it as being a Garrett yes man and being a robot.

Really because a lot of players have already spoken out as to what a great teammate Dez was. Many! Romo has even supported him. So you think that’s an issue vs the vote thinking that has us nowhere in 8 years? Follow the bread crumbs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Reading comprehension would help you greatly! I never said he was a wuss. Witten has been great for us. However he is infected with a Garrett mentality now where everyone falls in line and regurgitates Garrett speak. It’s won nothing. Every Cowboy team that was great under Landry and Jimmy had their outliers who added edge to the team! We are trying to cut all of that out now and make robots who don’t adjust or adapt. But hey you’ll read whatever you want into anything. I just was alive for 8 SBs in 26 yrs and now 2 playoff appearances in 22

Witten has loved Garrett Since Day 1 in the spring of 07. He has talked like him since then.

So why is this a Wuss mentality now all of a sudden in 2018?

Congratulations on being alive.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
yea until Dak said the C on the chest thing.

it validates what the fan has been putting out there for a little while now, Dak wanted him gone.

I can understand it from Dak's perspective. Its just like Romo getting rid of owens. Changes the dynamic. the qb is the biggest personality and in charge with Dez out of the huddle.
It sounds like you're trying to make it fit a certain agenda, when the person that sat down and talked to Dez about the reasons he was cut comes out and says that Dak wanting Dez cut was not true and to not believe that narrative.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
people laughed and said I was crazy when I said anyone who calls out Redball gets shown the door. This dez situation was mishandled from day one. And now he’s saying Garett guys who wear the C. I can only think that’s Witten. Witten has now aided in the release of T.O, Bennett, and Dez. And Garrett somehow keeps his job? Hey now what do you see? I see one common denominator in this situation and it sure as hell isnt dez. Yet another scapegoat for Garrett refusing to change and adapt to the new NFL. Could dez have been better? Absolutely. But he was never anything but a team guy. If you look at the amount of posts from players on the cowboys and other teams he’s loved all over The NFL. This is a joke and I am beyond mad. The only saving grace here is now Garrett and this staff are right in the crosshairs. If this offense doesn’t produce next season. They are all out. That’s what I hope at least. Moral of the story. Be a yes man, don’t call out your coach, and enjoy losing.

Garrett would rather lose by 40 points every game than get called out by a player.

Thin skin and no balls..............that is Garrett for you

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It sounds like you're trying to make it fit a certain agenda, when the person that sat down and talked to Dez about the reasons he was cut comes out and says that Dak wanting Dez cut was not true and to not believe that narrative.

I have no agenda. Slater tweeted that before the dez interview. Dez said the C on the jersey which narrows it down.

I am only connecting the dots here based on what the guys at the fan have been saying for the past 10 days or so. they have been saying Dak did not want dez back. I think there is something to that because someone was telling them that. Now dez saying this today makes me say I think its Dak who wants control of the offense on the field much like Romo did at the end of 08.

Romo was right in 09 and time will tell if Dak is currently.

Miller

Reaction score
Witten has loved Garrett Since Day 1 in the spring of 07. He has talked like him since then.

So why is this a Wuss mentality now all of a sudden in 2018?

Congratulations on being alive.

Congrats on using horrible phrases to try and sound cool! I wouldn’t expect any different from you.

It’s an issue now because before Witten still was a stud and we had enough “characters” where everyone had their place. Witten has not been a producer lately so now it’s just “speak.” There is a reason why guys like Church go elsewhere and feel free to have real opinions about Dez, etc. In our organization it is be a yes guy or you are gone. And so far it’s not working. You are confusing a lack of respect for Witten vs seeing a path where this team is in a really bad spot due to a few people who can’t handle criticism

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What’s starting to happen here is the continuation of the Dak versus Dez fans that we’ve seen for 18 months where Dak fans blamed Dez and Dez fans blamed Dak.

The Dez fans will now dump on Dak for getting Dez cut. It’s going to be a nauseatingly annoying exercise.

Exactly, people are gonna believe what they want to believe and connect whatever dots to support their belief. IMO, the front office handled this poorly, which really isn't a surprise...... Jerry loves a circus.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Congrats on using horrible phrases to try and sound cool! I wouldn’t expect any different from you.

It’s an issue now because before Witten still was a stud and we had enough “characters” where everyone had their place. Witten has not been a producer lately so now it’s just “speak.” There is a reason why guys like Church go elsewhere and feel free to have real opinions about Dez, etc. In our organization it is be a yes guy or you are gone. And so far it’s not working. You are confusing a lack of respect for Witten vs seeing a path where this team is in a really bad spot due to a few people who can’t handle criticism

well see ya later.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You might not have noticed but TO and MartyB have had similar problems with other teams.

Maybe not good players for examples.