People need to stop wishing our talent away

Rayman70

Reaction score
I never understand that train of thought. We draft players hoping they turn into studs.... but when they do, Studs also get paid.
Our draft picks turn into the stud we hoped for, and then people dont want to pay them and say let em walk?????? WTH
ditto...never understood that mentality. I think its complacent thinking.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I never understand that train of thought. We draft players hoping they turn into studs.... but when they do, Studs also get paid.
Our draft picks turn into the stud we hoped for, and then people dont want to pay them and say let em walk?????? WTH

Because we have a couple of problems.

Dak is wanting top dollar when he is a mediocre to slightly better then mediocre player.

Zeke is a grade a knucklehead who could get suspended at any time or get hurt because of the position he plays.

We could bolster this roster for years with a haul of draft picks.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Dak is wanting top dollar when he is a mediocre to slightly better then mediocre player.

Zeke is a grade a knucklehead who could get suspended at any time or get hurt because of the position he plays.

Herschel Walker trades arent happening in todays game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

A haul of draft picks that will want to get paid eventually. If anyone of those are any good do we get rid of them too?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A haul of draft picks that will want to get paid eventually. If anyone of those are any good do we get rid of them too?

Depends on their value.

Dak with his level of play and money he wants is poor value.

I’m all for paying Zeke but the smart move is to get rid of him if we get great compensation because he’s a knucklehead and plays a position that gets injured easily and is replaced easily.

aria

Reaction score
I’ll never understand how people don’t understand there’s not a limitless amount of money. Sign Zeke, sign Dak, sign Dlaw, sign Jaylon...at some point we have to let someone walk.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We haven’t had a back like Zeke since Emmitt. People keep acting like we can win with any back. I guess you can survive with a mediocre back, but I’ll take the stud player any day. Obviously we have a cap, but the line is set for years so they should try their best to keep these triplets together for at least 5 years.

Dak has had a tremendous start to his career and will keep getting better. People that act like he’s a bum are nuts.

Lets win a superbowl before we start talking about breaking up the team.

Since 2014, with either Dak or Romo at QB we are 19-6 in games without Zeke.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’ll never understand how people don’t understand there’s not a limitless amount of money. Sign Zeke, sign Dak, sign Dlaw, sign Jaylon...at some point we have to let someone walk.
well that's a great point too. I think what will happen is Dak gets a new deal right before Oxnard. Zeke only practices minimally...doesn't hold out, has a good start to the season...and he plays the year out...THEN GETS PAID. We cannot pay everyone top dollar as you say. Zeke is under contract 2 more years. No rush to rework and extend him. Why should we? Zeke needs to understand business. Dak on the other hand is a priority. QB is way higher on the totem pole. My fear is losing Cooper. We need to get him done now too. Zeke will just have to wait his turn.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Look what Von Miller has done to the Broncos.

At least these teams got a Super Bowl before they gave these guys stupid money and dwindled into the abyss.

aria

Reaction score
well that's a great point too. I think what will happen is Dak gets a new deal right before Oxnard. Zeke only practices minimally...doesn't hold out, has a good start to the season...and he plays the year out...THEN GETS PAID. We cannot pay everyone top dollar as you say. Zeke is under contract 2 more years. No rush to rework and extend him. Why should we? Zeke needs to understand business. Dak on the other hand is a priority. QB is way higher on the totem pole. My fear is losing Cooper. We need to get him done now too. Zeke will just have to wait his turn.
Couldn’t agree more!

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Then those same people complain that we are not big players in FA which requires spending big money for a player another team decided wasn't worth the investment... Not to mention most of the time that player never lives up to their big FA contract.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a good post.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1. RBs have short windows.

2. Zeke is an absolute knucklehead.

3. He plays a position that is simple to replace.

I’m not for giving Zeke away but if a team were to offer a first rounder I’m all ears because we can draft a Zeke replacement.

That's debatable.......depends on the offensive system you run. Don't always agree with Broaddus but he nailed it last week asking what ONE RB is replacing Zeke 2000 yards that impacts over 50% of our offense. As he put it, don't give him two or three but ONE.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Good post.......don't worry about Coop, just save your 2020 tag. In fact, Coop seems to imply he's not willing to sign until he gets some more skin on the wall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's debatable.......depends on the offensive system you run. Don't always agree with Broaddus but he nailed it last week asking what ONE RB is replacing Zeke 2000 yards that impacts over 50% of our offense. As he put it, don't give him two or three but ONE.

This is like the panic over replacing Demarco. Just look to the draft.

Zeke is phenomenal but he’s an idiot off the field.

If a team is stupid enough to give us an Odell Beckham offer then let him go.

Keep investing in the Oline, Defense, and everything else will fall into place.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is like the panic over replacing Demarco. Just look to the draft.

Zeke is phenomenal but he’s an idiot off the field.

If a team is stupid enough to give us an Odell Beckham offer then let him go.

Keep investing in the Oline, Defense, and everything else will fall into place.

Soooo....you gambling on a rookie to replace Zeke's impact as a 3-down back? Are you serious?