People thought the 49ers were unbeatable

hitachi14

Reaction score
Even the best have bad games. No undefeated teams since 72 Dolphins. Look at tge teams the Cowboys have beaten and then look at the ones the 49ers beat, including the Cowboys 42-10.

49ers had an off game it happens. Had more yards on the ground and in the air than the Ravens. The difference, 5 turnovers. For some reason Kyle decided the 9ers would be a pass happy team on Christmas.

If we meet the Raven again this season the result will be different unless between now and then the 9ers lose a bunch of key players.

The loss fixed a couple of issues, first being the whole MVP bull****. Who GAF about MVP, let Lamar have it. The only award that matters is a ring. The second is the over confidence after a 6 game win streak.
How about the 9ers other 3 losses? Were those also just bad games? Or is it injuries in a sport where every team deals with injuries?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No team is unbeatable with 5 INTs against one of the top teams in the league.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
And people thought they were unbeatable lol.

Tough two-game skid for us but if you truly think our season is over, then look around. This is one of those weird seasons where two wild cards could meet in the Super Bowl.

Just let it play out…
Who thought they were unbeatable except of the mediots?

It is very clear this year that overall the good or contending AFC teams are better than the NFC ones.
I was very eager to see how one of the best AFC teams fares against one of the best NFC teams.

But to argue that we still are in competition just because one of the best teams beat the other one is ridiculous.

We are a good team. But one of the worse good teams. And nowhere near those two.

Just because Nadal beat Djokovic doesnt mean the lucky loser of the tournament is now the cream of the crop.

Last edited:

hitachi14

Reaction score
Some of the posts here are strange.

First off, even if the AFC is clearly better than the NFC, which I doubt, we’d only have to face one of those teams, and I don’t think we would be big underdogs to Baltimore at all.

Secondly, the point is the 9ers have clear flaws. That’s why they have 4 losses and not 0 or 1. They absolutely could lose to a number of teams in the playoffs. And just because we got blown out once doesn’t mean we will again. We got blown out by TB last year then blew them out in their house. The Jets got blown out by the Pats in 2010, 40-3 or something, then destroyed them in their house in the playoffs. How about Steelers vs Colts in ‘05. This stuff happens.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some of the posts here are strange.

First off, even if the AFC is clearly better than the NFC, which I doubt, we’d only have to face one of those teams, and I don’t think we would be big underdogs to Baltimore at all.

Secondly, the point is the 9ers have clear flaws. That’s why they have 4 losses and not 0 or 1. They absolutely could lose to a number of teams in the playoffs. And just because we got blown out once doesn’t mean we will again. We got blown out by TB last year then blew them out in their house. The Jets got blown out by the Pats in 2010, 40-3 or something, then destroyed them in their house in the playoffs. How about Steelers vs Colts in ‘05. This stuff happens.
The Cowboys and Niners have squared off 3 times in 23 months and the Cowboys are 0-3. Sure, stuff happens, but I'm an I'll believe it if I see it man. I haven't seen it.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys and Niners have squared off 3 times in 23 months and the Cowboys are 0-3. Sure, stuff happens, but I'm an I'll believe it if I see it man. I haven't seen it.
Have you noticed anything about the 49ers recently?

Sydla

Reaction score
And people thought they were unbeatable lol.

Tough two-game skid for us but if you truly think our season is over, then look around. This is one of those weird seasons where two wild cards could meet in the Super Bowl.

Just let it play out…
Baltimore is better than us and better suited to beat San Fran.

They can match the physicalness of San Fran. We cannot. We are a finesse team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Have you noticed anything about the 49ers recently?
I've noticed that they've played the Cowboys 3 times in the last 23 months and won all three, and they are currently the one seed.

Pray tell, what have you noticed while viewing the world through your Cowboys pom poms? This ought to be good. :popcorn:

rambo2

Reaction score
I've noticed that they've played the Cowboys 3 times in the last 23 months and won all three, and they are currently the one seed.

Pray tell, what have you noticed while viewing the world through your Cowboys pom poms? This ought to be good. :popcorn:
I've watched the NFL for many years. The 49ers have a lot of injuries. They are hanging together by a thread. They actually could lose the number 1 spot.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
I've watched the NFL for many years. The 49ers have a lot of injuries. They are hanging together by a thread. They actually could lose the number 1 spot.
AZ beat Philly, did 9ers and Cowboys a favor. 9ers 1 seed!