People turning on Dak after week 2?

aria

Reaction score
I like Dak 1K times more as person than a lot of other players on the team but I've never been sold on his qb'ing abilities. Everyone talks about "poise this, poise that" but he never had any pressure and the few times he did last year, he looked horrible. The teams that had the most success against us were the ones that were able to get pressure on him. He had/has one of the best O lines in football, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a dumb but great RB and above average receivers. He was set up to win and look good, he couldn't have been put in a better situation as a rookie. Does anyone really think he would have had near the success on any other team?

It doesn't mean I don't think he'll be good but I was never sold on him after just one year.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Is it his fault the defense sucks and the OL and Zeke did nothing to help? Jesus, this is going to be Romo all over again.
No but he had a bad game and when you're the QB that's what happens good and bad. He gets a lot of praise too so let him get some blame when he doesn't play good.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
LOL..No

Down 35-17 with the ball in Denver territory, Beasley was running wide-open with no one near him, and he over throws it. Do i even have to mention those red zone throws to Dez last week?

What are some of you watching :facepalm:

1 freaking open wr!!!! LOL! What are you watching? :facepalm:

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Isn't it pretty clear that most of the ones "turning on Dak" are still butt-hurt over Romo?

Dak hasn't been great, for sure, and he needs to figure out how to stop sailing the ball pretty quickly.

Too many overthrows for my taste, but I'll give him some more time.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the entire offense has just been odd so far this year.

The playcalling has been completely nonsensical, the oline play is almost unrecognizable, and today we had zero run game. The end result is also what we got with Dak.

weaver21

Reaction score
People need to learn to admit that Dak had a bad game. Stop being so damn sensitive about people saying it. Romo used to get destroyed on this board when he would have a bad game, yet when Dak has one and we make excuses for him. None of this means he's a bust and is going to suck. It just means he had a bad game. It happens to all quarterbacks and he needs to learn from it and get better.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with Dak, here are the issues:

1) No QB on earth looks good when your rushing game has negative yardage entering the 4th QTR.

2) Denver Defense played well

3) Dak has limited reps in the preseason

4) Dak did have a few throws that were off, which all (current) NFL QBs do

5) Dak played so well as a rookie that some fans already pine for the good ol' days, when their memories tell them Dak never missed a pass. (That was last year BTW).

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Isn't it pretty clear that most of the ones "turning on Dak" are still butt-hurt over Romo?

Dak hasn't been great, for sure, and he needs to figure out how to stop sailing the ball pretty quickly.

Too many overthrows for my taste, but I'll give him some more time.
If you see dude been playing bad why is it most others are out for Dak? People like you aren't making sense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I see people calling out Witten. It's ridiculous. The entire team sucked today but these knee jerk reactions are ridiculous. It was an out of Conference game and there's 14 games left. The Cardinals aren't exactly world beaters and I don't see the entire team playing that badly two weeks in a row.

Yup, there are times when players are just off and this was one of them. It was brutal because everyone on the team (except DLaw) was off. Witten is going to the Hall of Fame whether he dropped a catchable pass today or not.