People turning on Dak after week 2?

Romotil45

Reaction score
The entire offense laid an egg minus Witten.

Dak, Zeke, oline, Dez. All of our playmakers didn't make plays.

And Witten dropped a easy TD he won't get a ataboy from me this week. They all stunk it up. Hopefully it will get better soon.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I knew it would only take ONE ugly game to have the closeted Romosexuals militarizing!
Put this game on one of many:

- Linehan
- Carroll
- DB injuries
- Linehan
- Playing a great defense
- Playing in suffocating environment/venue
- The defense
- The offense
- Dak
- Special Teams (Woods).
- Refs (the LS gamefully stayed in his downed stance and D-Law was not using him as 'leverage'). How many holds did DEN O-line get away with before they finally called one? They were Green Bay tackling anyone that broke through.
- Your Mom.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
What does that have to do with your claim of being surrounded by talent?

Is it his fault Jason Garrett didn't have him in game planning and Jerry forced it from on top in 2013?
He had plenty of talent, IIRC they were 13-3 that season with the best record in the NFC, he didn't do that all by himself. He had a golden opportunity to take the team to the SB but instead of focusing on football durimg the bye week in the playoffs, he decides to head off to Cabo to get his willy wet. As a result, the Giants (who we already beat twice that season) came into our stadium, beat us and went on to win the SB. Romo was horrible that game and I can't help but think the trip didn't have something to do with it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak is never really going to develop the gun or deep ball Romo has... that being said, he's very smart and poised. Not a knock on him per say, Romo was just one of the greats who ended up surrounded by garbage..
Dak still has time to develop so I can't say that he won't develop the deep ball yet. You maybe right with the zip on the ball though. Romo with this O with Zeke would've been a problem in a good way. Its just too bad he couldn't stay healthy to see what could've been.

Romotil45

Reaction score
This team is so much worse than last year. They did 0 to improve

Overreation. They have had 2 poor offensive showings and the defense played badly today. Let's give it a few weeks before we commit suicide.

waving monkey

Reaction score
And there are people and some media analysts who still questioned if Dak was really as good as last year showed. Are you denying that?

And the first two games have certainly not put that question to rest.
I certainly object to claims from media analysts. Have we learned nothing yet.
We hiss and moan about media idiots all the time.They are under constant dead lines.
Dak was the darling of copy.
We're not there yet,duh. But we along with Dak will go through the tapes and see where we made mistakes.
Not having an answer to Zeek success must be resolved. The O/line faced 8 in the box? What is that solution.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Gotta love the Romo fans. Put your earbuds on and listen Romo "predicting" plays on CBS instead.
Broncos probably have the two best corners in the NFL and one of the best secondaries in the league. They play lots of man and can focus on the run. It's a deadly 1-2 combination to face.The Broncos won today. You're not going to plow over every team every week.
Was he super sharp, no. But Dak wasn't the problem today.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It's bizarre that there is this weird disturbance in our offense when it comes to Dez and Dak. You'd think a guy like Dez would be a real security blanket for Prescott but those two can't seem to get on the same page week after week.
It seems strange but Dak best stuff seems to be inside so I'm not too surprised but hopefully they can get it together so other D can see it on tape

Romotil45

Reaction score
I like Dak 1K times more as person than a lot of other players on the team but I've never been sold on his qb'ing abilities. Everyone talks about "poise this, poise that" but he never had any pressure and the few times he did last year, he looked horrible. The teams that had the most success against us were the ones that were able to get pressure on him. He had/has one of the best O lines in football, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a dumb but great RB and above average receivers. He was set up to win and look good, he couldn't have been put in a better situation as a rookie. Does anyone really think he would have had near the success on any other team?

It doesn't mean I don't think he'll be good but I was never sold on him after just one year.

I wasn't either but I have high hopes for him.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I knew it would only take ONE ugly game to have the closeted Romosexuals militarize with torches and pitchforks!

Put this game on one of many:

- Linehan
- DB injuries
- Linehan
- Playing a great defense
- Playing in suffocating environment/venue
- The defense
- The offense
- Dak
- Special Teams (Woods).
- Refs (the LS gamefully stayed in his downed stance and D-Law was not using him as 'leverage'). How many holds did DEN O-line get away with before they finally called one? They were Green Bay tackling anyone that broke through.

I see Romosexual bashing guy is still around as well.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I don't think we are "turning" on Dak. We are pointing out that he is not playing well. He looks lost most of the time and I don't think he is ready to be calling plays. I just don't see the same Dak, the same confidence in himself or other players. Now I'm not calling for another QB, but I tell you one thing: he plays poorly against the Rams, then we have a serious problem.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are some of the more fickle fans in the league. I just try to look at it objectively.

Did Dak suck today? Mostly, yeah. Does he usually suck? No. Was this his worst game ever? Probably. Will he suck next week too? Probably not.

That's the way the news goes.
How are people fickle by stating basically the same thing you are?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I see Romosexual bashing guy is still around as well.
Can you expand a bit, because this is the first time I've ever referenced "Romosexuals"? Are you talking about someone else or are you getting "triggered"?

Daillest88

Reaction score
Tony made Dez, just like he did alot of receivers. Dak will grow from this, won't be playing in that altitude for awhile either. Game all around was crap.ndamn Denver played in base front. We were simply out coached

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't think we are "turning" on Dak. We are pointing out that he is not playing well. He looks lost most of the time and I don't think he is ready to be calling plays. I just don't see the same Dak, the same confidence in himself or other players. Now I'm not calling for another QB, but I tell you one thing: he plays poorly against the Rams, then we have a serious problem.
Exactly. If people say the D is junk nobody would say we are "turning" on them. It is what it is. This was a bad game but I see nobody with sense saying get Moore or Rush ready. Some people act like its a son to critique the QB like they don't also get a lot of praise when they do good. I'm pretty sure people were giving Dak praise last week and unfortunately this is the week he gets negative press. Hopefully next week it will be back to good praise

pansophy

Reaction score
Dak was protected by an incredible running game that no one stopped last year. He had two miserable games in a row last year and followed it up with a great performance that sealed the position and meant that Romo wasn't taking over.

But to be clear Dak has shown this before, and he doesn't yet have big play ability other than throwing long to Dez. The drive Romo put together for a TD last year showed us everything that we miss we Dak. His mechanics still aren't ready.

All that said, Dak has already shown us signs of improvement. His command of the offense is better. He isn't showing signs of regression to me. He just hasn't found consistency in his mechanics and needs to work on finding WRs deeper down field.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Gotta love the Romo fans. Put your earbuds on and listen Romo "predicting" plays on CBS instead.
Broncos probably have the two best corners in the NFL and one of the best secondaries in the league. They play lots of man and can focus on the run. It's a deadly 1-2 combination to face.The Broncos won today. You're not going to plow over every team every week.
Was he super sharp, no. But Dak wasn't the problem today.

So is this always going to be our excuse every time we go up against a solid D?

Eventually, a franchise QB needs to have a great game against a top 5 defense. Doesn't mean a blowout, but he needs to play at a high level. Say what you want about Romo, but Romo torched some GREAT defenses in his career.